Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #483 of 522
Roadmap - Annotated Version

(Let's see if I can get it set up like this!)

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #484 of 522
  Quote:
  Thanks!

The advantage is that if table space is scarce, as it seems to be becoming, I can work without a table... and if table space is available, the setup is low enough that I can set it on a table to bring it to eye level.

Oh, and the AHA (Automated Headphone Auditioner) system on the right (mirror image of my avatar, on the left), available for $3,499.00 to ChiUniFi participants (normally $4,999.00), is available to you, in recognition of your kind comments, for $1.00 off (headphone not included).

I'm tremendously flattered, it'll be a very hard choice between those and some new HiFiMan and ZMF products I've been eyeing!
I've always had a soft spot for the sennheiser 598 too, nice to see a variety of "consumer" cans that will be there to try!

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #485 of 522
  ACDC always works well, but in terms of hip-hop I know they're played often but Oukast, and Baha Men!

Thanks... I promise you that ACDC will be part of my 5:00 am listening music as I drive from southeastern Michigan to Chicago!! (and Oukast and Baha Men).

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #486 of 522
Ooooh! I couldn't even tell what all that stuff is, now I'm doubly excited!

I know I have to go to sleep tonight, but man I'd stay up all night re-reading the equipment list if I could
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #488 of 522

I know I have to go to sleep tonight, but man I'd stay up all night re-reading the equipment list if I could
biggrin.gif

PM me an e-mail address, and I can send you both the one-page list of all equipment by model number and all equipment by participant.  Then you will NEVER get to sleep!  (Same offer to anyone else... needs Excel to read it, though).

Oh, and I look forward to meeting you and learning how you chose your name "ThePianoMan"  (I'm a wanna-be pianist, but my grand piano unfortunately tends to play wrong notes on me!).

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #491 of 522
Wow looking like it's going to be a great meet! I'll be there a little after 11, hopefully there will be a small space in the corner for my gear
tongue.gif

Also, is anyone bringing extra power strips? Forgot to pack mine...only need 2 free outlets.

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #492 of 522
  Wow looking like it's going to be a great meet! I'll be there a little after 11, hopefully there will be a small space in the corner for my gear
tongue.gif

Also, is anyone bringing extra power strips? Forgot to pack mine...only need 2 free outlets.

I plan to have a power strip and don't need all of its plugs... you are welcome to some outlets.

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #493 of 522

biggrin.gif

I hope that the rack will be essentially empty, as all are encouraged to try anything... that's why I brought such a broad range of headphones, including popular consumer ones, to encourage comparative testing.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #494 of 522
Jun 21, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #495 of 522
PM me an e-mail address, and I can send you both the one-page list of all equipment by model number and all equipment by participant.  Then you will NEVER get to sleep!  (Same offer to anyone else... needs Excel to read it, though).

Oh, and I look forward to meeting you and learning how you chose your name "ThePianoMan"  (I'm a wanna-be pianist, but my grand piano unfortunately tends to play wrong notes on me!).

It's quite a story, and I look forward to meeting you as well!
Btw, should we all perhaps create name tags with our head-fi and real name on them? Just a thought...
See you all tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back