Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Feb 1, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #211 of 431
  Announcement...

Cavalli Audio is extending to our meet the following (Meet Only) Specials:
  1. 40% off of the Liquid Gold! - $6450 will be down to $3950
  2. 25% off of the Liquid Glass! - $3950 will be down to $2950

Details: 
  • Come to the meet, fill out a form with your name, email address, phone number, & amp you want.
  • Pay for amp within 7 days (valid until midnight the following Sunday, 2/23/2014). 
  • Amps will ship within 4 weeks of the meet.

Watch Jude's video review of the Liquid Gold here.

Liquid Gold:

Liquid Glass:

That is nuts.  4K for a gold with ready availability...

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #212 of 431
Feb 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #214 of 431
I'm in. This was great last time, looking forward to it.

"Chicago and Bay Area", huh?  If you can bring me one of these monsters from Manny's, I would be eternally grateful:

Meanwhile, I saw some of you eyeing the giant burrito I was eating at last year's meet.  It was from a taqueria really close by called "El Metate" on 120 Harbor Blvd.  It's really easy to get to by car... get on 101S from Marine Pkwy/Ralston and exit on Harbor Blvd. before even really getting on the freeway... and it'll be right there on your right.  They have a good selection of meats, though chicken is a favorite of many, and both the regular and super burritos are great options (though be warned that the super one is a gut buster, so be hungry!)

And if you're wondering, yes, I wiped that plate clean as well as a bowl of matzah ball soup... with a little help from my friends (my daughters, who were 4 and 2 at the time).

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #216 of 431
  ^^^ Oh my!  I've virtually quit eating meat.  I really want one of those!

There's a really good chinese place somewhat close called uncle chen's. They have a lot of great fake meat vegetarian options that are really good. It's on el camino I think about 5 minute drive from the hotel. I recommend the veggie salt and pepper 'chicken'

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #217 of 431

There's a really good chinese place somewhat close called uncle chen's. They have a lot of great fake meat vegetarian options that are really good. It's on el camino I think about 5 minute drive from the hotel. I recommend the veggie salt and pepper 'chicken'

Oh Cool!  Thank you.  Hardest part is eating out, avoiding meat, and avoiding having a Subway veggie sandwich.  Again.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #218 of 431
I am in!!! I am in!!! Let's get it started !

My set up will be:
Amp and DAC:
Schiit Lyr
Schiit Bifrost/ Uber Analog with USB Gen 2 Input

Headphones:
Fostex TH900
HD800

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #222 of 431
"Chicago and Bay Area", huh?  If you can bring me one of these monsters from Manny's, I would be eternally grateful:

Meanwhile, I saw some of you eyeing the giant burrito I was eating at last year's meet.  It was from a taqueria really close by called "El Metate" on 120 Harbor Blvd.  It's really easy to get to by car... get on 101S from Marine Pkwy/Ralston and exit on Harbor Blvd. before even really getting on the freeway... and it'll be right there on your right.  They have a good selection of meats, though chicken is a favorite of many, and both the regular and super burritos are great options (though be warned that the super one is a gut buster, so be hungry!)

And if you're wondering, yes, I wiped that plate clean as well as a bowl of matzah ball soup... with a little help from my friends (my daughters, who were 4 and 2 at the time).

Outstanding suggestion! If I wasn't already here avoiding the polar apocalypse I'd be happy to bring a care package!
Manny's is a time machine to old Chicago.
My fiancée lives here and I'm trying to find a gig here as well, so my Chicago days may be numbered.
If there's an old school spot to try here I'm in for head-fi lunch.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #223 of 431
Outstanding suggestion! If I wasn't already here avoiding the polar apocalypse I'd be happy to bring a care package!
My fiancée lives here and I'm trying to find a gig here as well, so my Chicago days may be numbered.

Unfortunately, we fail in the old school dept around here... at least when it comes to Jew deli food.  Best place I know of is Wise Son's, but that's in SF... and they don't hold a candle to Manny's (in terms of quantity, quality and price).  Actually, another place I've been meaning to try since folks talk up the pastrami is called Refuge... and as luck would have it, it's pretty close to where the meet is.  I just haven't had it yet since it's a bit of a shlep from where I live, so I can't vouch for it personally... but people I trust do vouch for it.

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #224 of 431

Unfortunately, we fail in the old school dept around here... at least when it comes to Jew deli food.  Best place I know of is Wise Son's, but that's in SF... and they don't hold a candle to Manny's (in terms of quantity, quality and price).  Actually, another place I've been meaning to try since folks talk up the pastrami is called Refuge... and as luck would have it, it's pretty close to where the meet is.  I just haven't had it yet since it's a bit of a shlep from where I live, so I can't vouch for it personally... but people I trust do vouch for it.

Refuge is a great place!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back