Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus)
Jul 18, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #121 of 143

None that I know. You can try PM-ing King Rudi on Facebook.

AFAIK Kaede II and Sakura Plus are the flagships, while the others are considerably cheaper.

My buddy has the AKA II and Kaede II and remarked that they sound very similar. So if you want value, AKA II ain't bad at all.

I still can't get very used to AKA II, a bit too sharp for me. I used JVC Spiral Dots tips to smoothen the sound and added a bit of comply foam underneath the tips.

Not sure why some of my songs, the vocal seems further away than I used to, the instruments almost covered the vocal.

Is the Sakura plus in anyway smoother??

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #123 of 143

I still can't get very used to AKA II, a bit too sharp for me. I used JVC Spiral Dots tips to smoothen the sound and added a bit of comply foam underneath the tips.

Not sure why some of my songs, the vocal seems further away than I used to, the instruments almost covered the vocal.

Is the Sakura plus in anyway smoother??

I didn't do a direct a/b, but yes by memory Sakura sounds more palatable as an all-rounder. Especially since my lazy setup is a cellphone with 320kbps MP3s, and poorly recorded tracks do not attack my ears.

BTW my experience with Spiral Dots with IEMs has mostly been bloomier bass, sharper treble and wider stage, at the cost of flatter mids. I use my Sakuras with foam tips.

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #124 of 143
one question come to my mind , it that type of iem listening to them more analyzes the music, instead of enjoying it
I prefer to enjoy the music . if it's sharp and detailed then it's not warm or thick .Am I right ?

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #125 of 143

Actually its very musical.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #126 of 143

I thought I'd re-check my original comparisons of the Akazakura with the Akakaede II.

I still feel the Akakaede II (and its Kaede series) to be the more balanced series than the Akazakura & Sakura series. The mid bass of the Akazakura's midbass feels tighter but inadvertently makes it sound a little more mid to upper mid focused & at least to my description, a little more nasally.

The Akakaede's OTOH, has a woollier midbass with a little more bloom & decay but provides an overall balance tonally.

Jul 29, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #128 of 143
To me I wouldn't say they're a big difference however the difference was noticeable. This is going back to my old notes cos the shop didn't have the non Aka this time.

Don't know the length of my ear canal. Sorry.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #129 of 143
Sharing a comparison I made with Oriolus to a fellow headfier via pm.

Generally in character, Oriolus has a more relaxed and airy presentation, yet is very detailed and forgiving. Akazakura is more aggressive with a smaller stage, excellent for instrument timbre, but can have a sharp treble in poor recordings. Both are balanced all-rounders. Going part-by-part:
-Akazakura has better bass layering and detail, and has one of the most natural bass attack and decay I've ever heard. Sometimes I wish Oriolus has more subbass (it's more midbassy).
-Oriolus has sweeter mids and is excellent for vocals, but Akazakura has slightly more detail and realistic instrument timbre.
-Oriolus has amazing treble extension and sparkle without being harsh, one of my favorite trebles in IEMs. Akazakura has equal extension and more sparkle, perhaps a bit too hot at times.
-Soundstage size is bigger on the Oriolus, with better air between instruments, leading to better imaging. Akazakura has slightly smaller stage, and a tiny step behind Oriolus in imaging.

I would pick Oriolus for slower songs, and Akazakura for faster songs. Both are excellent.

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #131 of 143
I'm glad that I discovered these iems in my recent trip to Japan. Just when I thought NT-6 is the best iem in clarity and detail retrieval. IMO the Ocharaku's are a step above. But with better if not more natural tonality. I feel lucky that these limited production earphones were available in e-earphone and fujiya-avic used. I was told they no longer have brand new units. I compared kaede II, sakura and the AKA variants but I preferred the Sakura plus. The Akazakura feels a bit too much for me compared to Sakuras. The Kaede II feels a bit veiled in comparison.

I left Japan taking Sakura and a Flat-4 AKA type 2 (just can't resist the price for it's SQ performance
tongue_smile.gif
) with me.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #135 of 143
Any comparisons to the new Flat4-Keyaki Plus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back