Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus)
Jun 29, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #106 of 143
ezekiel77

If you buy for collection purpose maybe you need some more "unique" presentation or character.

In my opinion, kaede is more unique, more contrast, more source and file dependent also. To be honest, its quite difficult to find an IEMs thats having a great timbral detail like kaede does.

I hope it will ease your mind a bit.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #107 of 143
for vocal due to added presence in mid-low region hence more body sakura is better i guess

beeter read jyrab's review - extremely detailed and with contant cross-references to kaede II

all these "timbral differences" are very subjective imho and can be deemed negligible

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #108 of 143
One vote each!

I'm more of a vocal guy so I'll most likely side with the Sakura.

Now more research... 28mm or 30mm.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #109 of 143
One vote each!

I'm more of a vocal guy so I'll most likely side with the Sakura.

Now more research... 28mm or 30mm.

unless you have access to both version for audition your choice is a wild guess

alternatively tou can take a scientific approach e.g. visit an audiologist to measure your canal length (that's what i did)

in the end, no matter the tube length (28vs30) or even the model (kaede/sakura) you will get that flat4 signature which is known for its unique characteristics

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #110 of 143
unless you have access to both version for audition your choice is a wild guess

alternatively tou can take a scientific approach e.g. visit an audiologist to measure your canal length (that's what i did)

in the end, no matter the tube length (28vs30) or even the model (kaede/sakura) you will get that flat4 signature which is known for its unique characteristics

That's true. One last thing. The Kaede II has a bigger soundstage and slightly better separation than the Sakura is that correct?

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #112 of 143
  Hi guys, after having my fill of hybrids and multi-BAs, I'd like to try some DDs for a change. A search for the EX1000 led to the flat4 series and ultimately, here.

I'm currently torn between getting a used Kaede II or a new Sakura (buddy's going to Japan). The concensus seems to be that Sakura is the better all-rounder with sweeter mids, whereas the Kaede II, given the correct source/songs will produce a godlike timbre with tremendous speed, but is revealing for poorly-mastered tracks.

The bulk of my music involves acoustic guitars and a lady singing, and some Latin jazz. I love rocking out too. Not much on EDM and metal though.

So my question is, for my preferences, if I were to take the Sakura, would I be missing out on anything Kaede II has to offer?

Thanks for your time.

I think there are significant differences between these earphones. If you can find the way to take a listen to both, I would suggest it. There are people that will diminish the differences without actually having heard/owned both. I wouldn't put much stock into those impressions. 

I have owned both and to me, the Kaede II reproduces acoustic instrument timbre/texture in a way that I have heard very few earphones do. It's not that subtle of a difference IMO. My Akazakuras don't do this as well, but they are more balanced tonally and frequency response wise, making them better suited for more genres. The Kaede II could be unbearably sibilant for me with a lot of music that featured vocals. If I were only using the Kaede II for acoustic instrumental music, I would not have parted ways with it. 

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #113 of 143
Fully agreed with recarcar

IMHO, kaede is more specific and more "specialized" for accoustic performance, and sakura is more balanced (or maybe more "mainstream"?) But yet still retaining the flat-4 character.

A little bit story and experience by myself, I own the TG334 whos (IMO) very good at vocals performance, and I'm the kind of guy who love to collect many type of specific character of IEMs, I dont like to "overlapping" one to another, so i decided to choose kaede over sakura.
But if you really love the Ocharaku Flat-4 sound signature and dont want to be bothered by many of IEMs collection, maybe Sakura will suit you very well.

Just my 2 cents and YMMV

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #114 of 143
Ok, vocalhead veers towards Sakuras. I have a buddy visiting Japan so he's gonna test them out and report back.

I have another buddy (unicorn collector) who has the aka II and aka-kaede. So I'll get an idea of what I'm missing out on the kaedes.

But "tonally balanced" and "mainstream" and "all-rounder" ticks my boxes.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #115 of 143

Gosh these are beautiful. Initial impressions (what, 2 songs in?) are very positive.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #116 of 143

Gosh these are beautiful. Initial impressions (what, 2 songs in?) are very positive.

Are there any sibilant in these?? I had a pair of flat4 AkaII ... sibilant quite high and worst with spinfits.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #117 of 143
Are there any sibilant in these?? I had a pair of flat4 AkaII ... sibilant quite high and worst with spinfits.

Spinfits look great for photos, but I settled for complys to tame the treble. After an hour of listening (with just my cellphone and 320k mp3s), the treble is thin, detailed, but not harsh to me. The mids are beautiful in this. Vocals and string instruments sound natural.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #118 of 143
But I should hit some Miles Davis first before getting to the treble question again. Stay tuned.

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #120 of 143
  Is there somewhere with a brief overview of their various lines and models?
I'm considering getting one but I have no idea which to start with.

None that I know. You can try PM-ing King Rudi on Facebook.

AFAIK Kaede II and Sakura Plus are the flagships, while the others are considerably cheaper.

My buddy has the AKA II and Kaede II and remarked that they sound very similar. So if you want value, AKA II ain't bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back