Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus)
Apr 9, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #91 of 143
i wonder how simple change of cabinet's wood type can affect such qualities as speed, etc...i could understsnd these differences if the cabinet material would be different e.g. titanium/aluminum but different wood type? hmmm...placebo, maybe?

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #92 of 143
i wonder how simple change of cabinet's wood type can affect such qualities as speed, etc...i could understsnd these differences if the cabinet material would be different e.g. titanium/aluminum but different wood type? hmmm...placebo, maybe?

I wouldn't rule it out totally, placebo I mean. But I've had them with me back to back for a few days and I doubt it. I've played and owned a few upright basses over the years and different woods definitely have an impact on the sound. Not saying that this is what is happening here but I also wouldn't rule it out. It could also be the different cable configuration, or unannounced minor tweaks, ala Sennheiser HD6X0 series etc. 

It could be many things. They definitely sound different to my ears, but it's not night and day. The frequency response is definitely and obviously different. I'll try to get them measured if I can. And to your point, I don't hear much in the way of a difference in terms of speed, just slight differences in frequency response and timbre mainly. But that might also translate to hearing "speed" differently. 

I was skeptical also about the differences before having them side by side.Try to hunt down a pair and take a listen for yourself. Both are decent transducers IMO. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #93 of 143
@anakchan

Is it true that according to my frined who has listened on both version said that kaede ii tend to be more neutral and flatter on response compared to the sakuras?

I don't know if the Kaede's are more neutral and flatter. To me if the UERM is considered to be neutral/flat then the Sakuras are more UERM-like & the Kaede II to be more easy going/laid back.

I don't think the wood could change that much. I don't think it's placebo either. I'm wondering if the batch of drivers for the Kaede drivers are different for the batch for Sakura's meaning the drivers themselves are different in sound.

I should try to talk to Yamagishi-san at the end of April.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #94 of 143
I don't think the wood could change that much. I don't think it's placebo either. I'm wondering if the batch of drivers for the Kaede drivers are different for the batch for Sakura's meaning the drivers themselves are different in sound.

that would be interesting, for sure as i couldn't find any info on the drivers itself

i wouldn't be surprised if the only change that happened across ocharaku model range is the cabinet material (and i am okay with this as the change for the sake of change does make sense only for marketing purposes to boost sales)

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #96 of 143

I think it also has to do with the change of cables that they are using, check out their website, it says that the kaede uses 3 braids, while the sakura plus uses 4 braids cable.

i think that make more differences than in addition to the wood changes in the sound chamber

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #97 of 143
I think it also has to do with the change of cables that they are using, check out their website, it says that the kaede uses 3 braids, while the sakura plus uses 4 braids cable.

i think that make more differences than in addition to the wood changes in the sound chamber
Yes that was mentioned earlier in the thread a few pages back but I think even cable differences is able to change the FR differences we're hearing between the Kaedes & Sakuras.

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #101 of 143
amazing and VERY detailed review of sakura (with references to kaede II)
http://jyrab.blogspot.ru/2016/05/the-red-cherry-blossom-ocharaku.html?m=1

Incredible write up. I'm almost embarrassed to post a link to what I wrote: http://www.headfonia.com/ocharaku-flat4-sakura-plus-atmospheric/

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #102 of 143

Incredible write up. I'm almost embarrassed to post a link to what I wrote: http://www.headfonia.com/ocharaku-flat4-sakura-plus-atmospheric/

The more the reviews - the better! 

I have listened to my sakura for quite a time already....compared it to numerous earphones already - must say that is not only surpasses all ba-phones that i've auditioned but rivals totl headphones! And i am saying this rather cold-minded (i have no problem selling it so i have no intent of convincing myself that my earphone is the-best-out-there-just-because-i-can't-sell-it)

Unfortunately, everybody hears differently, as are the different sources/amps (i've settled to iphone 6s after i could't really tell the difference between the mojo and my home standalone pioneer dac/amp) as are the genres itself. 

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #104 of 143
Between the Sakura,Akasakura and Kuro.I found the Kuro to have better response using HTC10 for example. The Akasakura required high gain on my amp to be able to get it going

maybe that's because the sakura uses quadruple cable

i wonder how is the sound signature of the new titanium kuro compared to sakura

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #105 of 143
Hi guys, after having my fill of hybrids and multi-BAs, I'd like to try some DDs for a change. A search for the EX1000 led to the flat4 series and ultimately, here.

I'm currently torn between getting a used Kaede II or a new Sakura (buddy's going to Japan). The concensus seems to be that Sakura is the better all-rounder with sweeter mids, whereas the Kaede II, given the correct source/songs will produce a godlike timbre with tremendous speed, but is revealing for poorly-mastered tracks.

The bulk of my music involves acoustic guitars and a lady singing, and some Latin jazz. I love rocking out too. Not much on EDM and metal though.

So my question is, for my preferences, if I were to take the Sakura, would I be missing out on anything Kaede II has to offer?

Thanks for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back