Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread
Aug 4, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #183 of 211
  I guess flat 4-Aka has not own topic though as i know very similar kuro anyway. (Just a little longer pipe)
Aka (type II) arrived yesterday. I burn almost 30 hours and keep going.

First thing i noticed, it is most strange earphone, i've ever used.
When listening, somethings could be wonderful even incredible, after that something could be very poor quality. Burning time continues...
It doesn't like any earphone, i use/d most well known, W Um3x, Dunu Dn-1K, Se535 ltd, T-peos H200 and H300, Fidue A83...
I' m trying to understand
etysmile.gif

So how is 4-Aka compared to Kuro?

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #186 of 211
A little bumpety to this thread. Seems from May 1st, Ocharaku is coming up with the FLAT4-Kuro Titanium in regular and red extended. Price is around the 54,000 yen mark.

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/topics/5799/

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #188 of 211
I had the oportunity of listening the first iteration of the flat 4 Kuro and I liked it a lot, can anyone tell me if the AKA Ti Plus shares the same sound signature? If not, in what do they differ, besides the fact that the housing of one is plastic and in the other is titanium?

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #189 of 211
  A little bumpety to this thread. Seems from May 1st, Ocharaku is coming up with the FLAT4-Kuro Titanium in regular and red extended. Price is around the 54,000 yen mark.

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/topics/5799/

Just bought a pair of these (FLAT4-Kuro Titanium regular) after a brief listening session yesterday (5 min!) with the original flat 4 kuro :)
Trying to get some info regarding the sound signature of the titanium vs other versions. Hopefully the Ti Plus will be also to my liking.
Let's (wait and) see.

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #190 of 211

Just bought a pair of these (FLAT4-Kuro Titanium regular) after a brief listening session yesterday (5 min!) with the original flat 4 kuro :)
Trying to get some info regarding the sound signature of the titanium vs other versions. Hopefully the Ti Plus will be also to my liking.
Let's (wait and) see.

I have to say I have to spend more time with them myself. On my initial impressions I felt it was a little too treble accentuated but that was only on a 10 min listen almost 2 months ago by now. So I need to listen to them again to get a fairer opinion on them.

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #191 of 211
I have to say I have to spend more time with them myself. On my initial impressions I felt it was a little too treble accentuated but that was only on a 10 min listen almost 2 months ago by now. So I need to listen to them again to get a fairer opinion on them.

Ok, thanks.
Let me know your toughts when you have the chance to listen again.

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #192 of 211
I ended up with this combo for my AKA II.

Starting I find bass too overpowering with the Comply, then i changed to Spinfit tip the sibilance too sharp out of my player. Later i found its cause of my player can't drive it properly , not sure why.

After I add the E12A amp the sibilance reduced and after i changed the tip to Sony Hybrid tips its good now~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back