Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread
Jun 28, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #196 of 211
Yeah I had fit issue with spinfit also... my ears often don't get a balance seal for both sides.

What is the correct way to wear flat4?
Pipe facing up, pipe facing down or whichever goes deeper?

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #198 of 211
Actually I am using it pipe facing down which goes deeper into my ears and better seal for me. 

I was able to feel "air" pumping and vibrations of bass sent through the Sony tips. My amp was at 40% mark Low gain.

While if I use it pipe facing up, its not that clear and the vocal seems further away.

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #199 of 211
Using these self modded tips now~ perfect for me... I find the sibilant high.

This is my solution to it~ JVC Spiral Dots with foam underneath. Added foam for a better seal.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #200 of 211
Guys,

I own a Sui right now. In the market there are Kuro 2 and Kaede 2 (all used pairs) available.
The price for the Kaede is twice of the Kuro.

Now coming from a Sui, should I go for the Kuro or the Kaede if considering the price/performance aspect??

Thanks

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #202 of 211
N
No one??

I did own the original Kaede and ended up selling it due to preferring the Sui. The Kaede was too aggressive for me and I'd ended up fatigued on short listening sessions. The Sui had more bass as well from what I recall. Note not all have experienced the same issue.

In terms of price to performance the Sui is a steal of a deal IMO. Same for FX850.

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #203 of 211
I did own the original Kaede and ended up selling it due to preferring the Sui. The Kaede was too aggressive for me and I'd ended up fatigued on short listening sessions. The Sui had more bass as well from what I recall. Note not all have experienced the same issue.

In terms of price to performance the Sui is a steal of a deal IMO. Same for FX850.

Thank you.

Never heard the Kaede 1 but I've heard the second.
In my opinion, after hearing some of the Flat 4s (sui, kaede, sakura), its not very easy to spot differences.
Kaede 2 definitely have more micro details but then again when I heard it they are sporting the spin fits.
Should've heard them with the complys..

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #204 of 211
Thank you.

Never heard the Kaede 1 but I've heard the second.
In my opinion, after hearing some of the Flat 4s (sui, kaede, sakura), its not very easy to spot differences.
Kaede 2 definitely have more micro details but then again when I heard it they are sporting the spin fits.
Should've heard them with the complys..

I never liked the Kaede or Suis with the complys. The comply tips muffle the treble and increase bass for me. Really enjoy the large TF10 gray tips from UE on these IEMs.

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #205 of 211
I never liked the Kaede or Suis with the complys. The comply tips muffle the treble and increase bass for me. Really enjoy the large TF10 gray tips from UE on these IEMs.

Wow you must have a great tolerance to trebles since ocharakus are known for their highs.
The reason I use complys is because I'd like to tone down the trebel a bit.
Even with the complys, there is no lack of clarity or treble for my taste.

Btw, Kuros or Kaedes??

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #206 of 211
Wow you must have a great tolerance to trebles since ocharakus are known for their highs.
The reason I use complys is because I'd like to tone down the trebel a bit.
Even with the complys, there is no lack of clarity or treble for my taste.

Btw, Kuros or Kaedes??

Had the Kaede at one point. Still have the Sui. I did feel the Kaede was too aggressive for me vs the Sui. I still think the Sui has a ton of treble extension by far and I really enjoy that. Its on the edge of being too much even for me. But it has such an enjoyable sound and I can easily turn it up too loud.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #209 of 211
Seems you're telling me to stick with the Suis and dont bother upgrading to the Kuros or Kaedes..
Thanks

Well unless you try it and decide for yourself you won't know for sure. I tried it. Was not impressed with the Kaede honestly compared to the Sui. Sold it as well as my 8A and bought the SE5. No comparison on that end though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back