Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread
May 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 211

shigzeo

The Hiss King
We've got SUI and KAEDE on the burner. It's time for Kuro, a middling option that, in my opinion, gives much of what I loved in KAEDE (crisp highs, full, non-sucked out mids, great bass) in an unlimited production, aluminium case. I will update this thread with more information, reviews, and outside links. Currently, let's just get talking about this great earphone.

Ocharaku's Flat4-Kuro page

May 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 211
External Audtitory Meatus tuning[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']TM [/font]Technology?

Eat your heart out Tangential-less design!

Pretty sure I'm on board for one of these

May 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 211
A part of me wants to buy these just because the product name is the same kanji that I use for my own name...

How is that sort of awesomeness even a discussion?
And thanks for the pics :D

Suuuuuuuuubbbbscribed.

May 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 211
Sg, is the technology still the same as SUI & KAEDE, just that they use different materials for this IEM?

May 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 211
Flat4-Xuan
Flat4-Gen
Flat4-Trendy
Flat4-Chic

Does anyone know what this madness is about?

Edit: I'm not sure where else to post this...

May 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #8 of 211
Quote:
Yes, great pictures, Gen.

Thanks. It's tough to get any decent shots at the show due to not being able to control the lighting, not to mention the limited amount of time one has to shoot any one item. I barely had a few minutes to audition the Kuro. I haven't tried the Kaede, so I don't know the difference but ergonomically I prefer IEMs that go up over the ear and then down, so this one's unfortunately not on my shopping list.

May 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 211
Generally, I concur. But since the Flat4 series doesn't isolate, I've given up on proper ergonomics. At least this series doesn't hurt. Very light in the ear. Comfort being what it is (good), I'm all about enjoying the sound.

BTW, Gen, just realised we both like Arthur Clarke. His SF was the first of the stuff I picked up. I read most of his great stuff including Fountains of Paradise and Rendezvous with Rama, etc., and of course, the Kubrick-halfer, 2001 and its sequels. We really got to hang out.

May 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #11 of 211
I'd like to sample Shiggy's Ocharaku collection actually. There's been chatter of a Tokyo meet so let's get that going in another thread. Got other stuff getting delivered for comparisons.

May 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 211
Quote:
My Ocharaku collection? The only one I own is the ATHCKM55 modded earphone. Still have the SUI and KURO for a bit though. Better have a meet soon!

Did u manage to borrow the Kuro too? Would be nice to be able to demo out the whole line - wait, why not just go to his tea shop :p?? That's not a bad meeting place!

May 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #15 of 211
I am envious of your ability to meet and try this gear heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back