Ocharaku: Flat-4-Sui. The Sound of Tea.
Mar 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #31 of 96
Guys simply put this IEM is a giant destroyer of sorts IMO. For its price point most definitely :). The IEM is most definitly not forgiving on crappy tracks (horrible mastering).

May 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #34 of 96
Thanks to a kind Head-fier I have Flat-4 Sui on loan with me at the moment.

They're very easy to listen to, very organic with a specific vibe to them, I don't find them bright like others have mentioned. :xf_eek: I am accustom to cooler earphones so Sui leans more towards neutral to my ears, it's very easy to hear all the layering and they suit all genre's well. They have rocked me to sleep several times and all round just a great sounding dynamic, I don't think they're technically overly advanced, but they're very inviting, soothing and highly capable. I can certainly see a few cups of herbal tea on a table whilst listening to them.

Maybe some other herbs too, but we'll leave that for Lee. lol :wink:

May 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #35 of 96
Quote:
Thanks to a kind Head-fier I have Flat-4 Sui on loan with me at the moment.

They're very easy to listen to, very organic with a specific vibe to them, I don't find them bright like others have mentioned.
redface.gif
I am accustom to cooler earphones so Sui leans more towards neutral to my ears, it's very easy to hear all the layering and they suit all genre's well. They have rocked me to sleep several times and all round just a great sounding dynamic, I don't think they're technically overly advanced, but they're very inviting, soothing and highly capable. I can certainly see a few cups of herbal tea on a table whilst listening to them.

Maybe some other herbs too, but we'll leave that for Lee. lol
wink.gif

I couldn't afford that other herbal essence even if I wanted to :wink:.

May 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 96
The tonality of these is so screwed up....Soundstage and airyness is nice but that's it...Luckily not as sibilant as I thought it will be.

May 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #37 of 96
The tonality of these is so screwed up....Soundstage and airyness is nice but that's it...Luckily not as sibilant as I thought it will be.

What don't you like about the tonality Inks?

May 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #38 of 96
instruments that use the higher registers simply sound so screwed up [it's like they don't have energy yet are offensive], like female vocals, violin or flute. Definitely not an IEM for classical. Mids sound a bit recessed too. 

May 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #39 of 96
Compared to GR07 MK2 playing a violin track I can hear the edges of notes sound a touch blunt on the Sui, whereas MK2 have a sharp edge sword bite to them, however I don't hear them offensive or off sounding, personally.

May 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #41 of 96
Quote:
Comparied to the ADDIEM or W4, there's too much masking going on, some frequencies just seem too recessed. 

In the mids/vocals there is some recession. But I hear it as a well balanced U-shape. The treble can be a bit much for me on certain tracks. But that is due to the tracks themselves and not really the Sui. I find them to be one of the best sounding IEMs I've heard yet.

May 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #42 of 96
No, it's the Sui itself, it's simply offensive. Far from balanced and average sounding. The design is cool looking though lol. 

May 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #45 of 96
I am keeping count on the number of threads where you attitude is arrogant and almost aggressive. If you reach ten, you can be Obnoxius Supremus.

So having a strong opinion about a products inferiority should be frown upon? I made my case, ignore if you want. I personally would not pay over 100$ for these, it's clear it's an experimental design. Build is nice though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back