Ocharaku: Flat-4-Sui. The Sound of Tea.
Dec 24, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #16 of 96
Quote:

The build of the SUI is so-so in my opinion. The shell itself is very sturdy and well-made, but there is no genuine strain relief and the nozzle lacks a protective screen, so you need to watch out for debris.

Thank you for the clarification. Regarding ordering the Flat4. Where did you get yours from?

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #17 of 96
Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. Regarding ordering the Flat4. Where did you get yours from?

I got mine from MusicaAcoustics when they were first released, but it seems they only have the Maple one now.

You may want to send an e-mail to Dimitri at MusicaAcoustics to ask if he can still get the SUI however. Otherwise you may want to try PriceJapan:

http://pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=1156&category=10

Whoever you decide to go with, I'd still send them an e-mail first asking what the wait time on getting it may be. Ocharaku is a very small company and they make the Flat4 in small batches from what I understand. The demand has been very big in Japan, so they tend to sell out quickly and there are waiting periods while they make more.

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #18 of 96
Sweet will try to contact Dimitri and I will also have a look at PriceJapan.

Update: using priceJapan, the total including shipping and handling fees would be $483 (USD)

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #19 of 96
I keep seeing these at the Tokyo shows and keep forgetting to try them. I'll have to give them a go next time.

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #21 of 96
I don't know about the other users who are using it.
Somehow I felt that the sound coming out from Flat-4-Sui, to me, is much more realistic that the IEMs that I've ever heard.
And the ambiance is great.
Perhaps I hadn't hear enough. Maybe I should try the Custom IEMs to find out.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #22 of 96
Just a fyi - I contacted the team / owner at Ocharaku and he confirmed that the product is only for the local market and that he did not ship to international customers. PriceJapan seems to be the best way to get them. Although I am still trying to contact MusicaAcoustics to see if they can assist.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #23 of 96
Quote:
Just a fyi - I contacted the team / owner at Ocharaku and he confirmed that the product is only for the local market and that he did not ship to international customers. PriceJapan seems to be the best way to get them. Although I am still trying to contact MusicaAcoustics to see if they can assist.

Dimitri at MusicaAcoustics is very good about getting back to people in my experience, so I'm sure you'll hear back soon. The holidays are probably slowing everything down.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #24 of 96
Quote:

Dimitri at MusicaAcoustics is very good about getting back to people in my experience, so I'm sure you'll hear back soon. The holidays are probably slowing everything down.

I have problems with my Yahoo email so might be my side. Just received a few emails from family who never heard back from me.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 96
I tried the Flat-4 SUI at Jaben just yesterday.

Instruments sound so much more realistic with a bit more oomph to it then the UE900 or W4 but I prefer the W4 for the vocal reproduction.

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #27 of 96
Just maybe, Sony is a little worst. Assuming that EX600 and EX1000 isolates at the same rate, which I have the EX600, and I felt I can hear outside noise a little more on EX600.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #30 of 96
Quote:
Thanks for the impressions.

Yes, the creator of these IEMs also sells tea. In fact he owns a nice little tea shop I believe.

Also the Flat4-SUI retails for about 400 USD (33000 JPY) and not $700. There is another version, the KAEDE (aka "Maple"), which has a wood housing and is part of a partnership with Oak Village. That MSRP is much more.

Anyway I've been using the Flat-4 SUI for a few months now, and in my humble opinion they're some of the finest earphones in my collection. They truly excel at wringing every last detail out of a given track, getting into the nitty gritty and rendering micro-dynamics in a truly superb way. I'd even go so far as to say they're on the same level in some respects as the FI-BA-SS and AKG K3003 which cost almost three times as much.

Their main shortcoming in my mind is that they're a little on the bright side, though this tonal balance helps to accentuate details even further. I've since acclimatized to them, and it's only on a select few tracks that I find them a little too hot. On the whole however I find these are some seriously special IEMs, extremely refined and able to convey a ton of information while still sounding musical and engaging. Compared to certain other IEMs which give a more spacious external type of presentation---more akin to a fullsized headphone---these seem more "heady" to me, with more of a cerebral presentation. They have a ton of depth, but it's inward / interior depth if that makes sense.

I love these so much, I ended up placing an order for the KAEDE. Should be getting them in a week or two. Curious as to whether it's just a cosmetic / materials upgrade, or if there's a genuine difference in sound.

Good to hear muppet. So how do they compare to the Kaede? I just placed an order for the Flat 4. Dmitri at Music Acoustic is having a special and is offering free EMS shipping on an order of the SUI model (only for today).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back