Ocharaku Donguri
Sep 6, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #61 of 113

I believe that statement isn't entirely fair. It remains one of my best iems so far, more linear and transparent than even the Havi B3. People will get what they want to anw, should just let people try if they're interested, wasn't that how you got this far anyway? You have tried many world-class things but it's good to remember that an extreme minority have experienced what you have. This builds to that experience as well. If they should find it not to their taste then they'll sell it anyway and the next guy benefits.

Thank you for that, @RedTwilight:) , I'm starting to feel as though I'm being attacked for manipulating "Head-fiers" into buying Ocharaku products. As stated in the review, YMMV. To put it brusquely, to assume that one's negative experience represents the community's experience at large is absolute nonsense. (No need to name names) but to invalidate my opinion repeatedly is not what head-fi's about. This sort of closed-mindedness/closet mindset goes against the goals of Head-fi as a whole (Godbless Head-Fi). 

For the record, I'm selling the Ocharaku to fund other IEM's for future reviews (already ordered a pair of Shozy Zeroes and 1more Triple Driver Hybrids. 

Just to drive the point home, this is my just my humble opinion. :)

Sep 6, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #62 of 113
Flat4-SAKURA Plus and AKAZAKURA Plus

Are these the Kaede II and AkaKaede II replacement ? 

The same TOTL ?

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #63 of 113
Just purchased a pair in Singapore. I have to say, these are easily the best "reference class" budget IEM's. To my ears, these have trumped IEM's worth 500-600 USD. The Co-donguris have a superbly 'bright sound" with a tinge of sibilance, just the right amount to simulate a sense of forwardness. Paired with my Cowon Plenue D, the Co-Donguri shines, with a massive soundstage, clear imaging and excellent timbe production (with regard to wind and string instruments).

Do you know where can I get it in Singapore?

Sep 28, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #64 of 113
At the instigation of @kevingzw I bought the Co-Donguri. You can find his review over here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ocharaku-co-donguri-iem/reviews/16745. He got some slack for writing a very positive review of an iem that he sold the next day. I must say he was spot on in his review. It's a very balanced earphone with a holographic soundstage. As I mainly listen to classical and jazz this sound signature fits my listening preferences as a glove. So to kevingzw, thanks a lot and keep up the good work. :wink:

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #66 of 113
I plan on doing that comparison in near future (probably next week?) after I receive my Co-Donguri and pop on to Local Jaben that have a demo set of 1001

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #67 of 113
At the instigation of @kevingzw I bought the Co-Donguri. You can find his review over here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ocharaku-co-donguri-iem/reviews/16745. He got some slack for writing a very positive review of an iem that he sold the next day. I must say he was spot on in his review. It's a very balanced earphone with a holographic soundstage. As I mainly listen to classical and jazz this sound signature fits my listening preferences as a glove. So to kevingzw, thanks a lot and keep up the good work. :wink:

Oh @kevingzw sold it?! Why?

Can anyone hit me up where to buy it! I listen to classical, jazz and pop so it's a pretty wide range and this looks to be a decent choice for the price range.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #68 of 113
  Oh @kevingzw sold it?! Why?

Can anyone hit me up where to buy it! I listen to classical, jazz and pop so it's a pretty wide range and this looks to be a decent choice for the price range.

If anyone has it and stays in the West/Central area hit me up please, if you don't mind I would love to try it! :D

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-63681

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #71 of 113
After much listening, going back and forth between Syou Kurenai, Chonmage 3, Raku and Shizuku, I find myself reaching more and more for the Kurenai and Chonmage 3.
I found that the treble starts to show itself more in the Kurenai with more usage, and becomes more satisfactory - compared to my initial impressions when I found it overly bassy with a LOT of hidden details.
In terms of note thickness/bass, soundstage depth, musicality, I would rate - Kurenai > C3 > Raku > Shizuku. (Guess this is the deciding factor for the pricing).
In terms of details, and the ease of noticing them, I would rate Shizuku > Raku = C3 > Kurenai (the heavy notes sometimes masks a bit of micro details in the upper mids)
I'm also enjoying the very balanced sounding Rakus now and then; and when I feel like a slight mid bass mojo and airier highs, I go for the Shizuku.

Between C3 and Kurenai, I think the C3s have a better overall presentation, whereas the Kurenais have stronger instrument separation. I also notice a sexy spike, somewhere between the upper mids and lower treble, which is really satisfying in the C3s, and which is a bit suppressed in the Kurenais. The upper treble is really awesome in the Kurenais with a nice reverb and extension.

I'm glad I got all of them, and they are all very special IEMs.
Hope this helps to choose the most apt Donguri for you.
Cheers.

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #72 of 113
  After much listening, going back and forth between Syou Kurenai, Chonmage 3, Raku and Shizuku, I find myself reaching more and more for the Kurenai and Chonmage 3.
I found that the treble starts to show itself more in the Kurenai with more usage, and becomes more satisfactory - compared to my initial impressions when I found it overly bassy with a LOT of hidden details.
In terms of note thickness/bass, soundstage depth, musicality, I would rate - Kurenai > C3 > Raku > Shizuku. (Guess this is the deciding factor for the pricing).
In terms of details, and the ease of noticing them, I would rate Shizuku > Raku = C3 > Kurenai (the heavy notes sometimes masks a bit of micro details in the upper mids)
I'm also enjoying the very balanced sounding Rakus now and then; and when I feel like a slight mid bass mojo and airier highs, I go for the Shizuku.

Between C3 and Kurenai, I think the C3s have a better overall presentation, whereas the Kurenais have stronger instrument separation. I also notice a sexy spike, somewhere between the upper mids and lower treble, which is really satisfying in the C3s, and which is a bit suppressed in the Kurenais. The upper treble is really awesome in the Kurenais with a nice reverb and extension.

I'm glad I got all of them, and they are all very special IEMs.
Hope this helps to choose the most apt Donguri for you.
Cheers.

same here. you should get the hagane too

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #73 of 113

same here. you should get the hagane too

The idea of suppressed treble is not very encouraging for me. I think the Kurenai has just enough treble.
Would I really miss them in Hagane ? You already mentioned that the Hagane has better bass, can you compare the treble & mids between the two ?
I'm a bit worried that I might regret the purchase - although I never felt this with any Donguri :)

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #74 of 113
  The idea of suppressed treble is not very encouraging for me. I think the Kurenai has just enough treble.
Would I really miss them in Hagane ? You already mentioned that the Hagane has better bass, can you compare the treble & mids between the two ?
I'm a bit worried that I might regret the purchase - although I never felt this with any Donguri :)

yes u will be missing treble in hagane. hagane lows is plentiful. mids of hagane is better.
cheers!

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #75 of 113
Instantly loved it, my personal must-have low-end IEMs beside Tenore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back