Ocharaku Donguri
Jul 1, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #32 of 113
Hi All,

Just wondering whether Donguri has a more focus on bass / warmer sound signature?

How is the comparison with Kaede? 

I love Kaede and wonder if Donguri can compliment it.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #34 of 113
Got donguri-raku three months ago, I think it is a real jem for its price, extremely nice and full sounding earphone with a nice bass and very detailed mids. It has a sound signature which is so rare nowadays.
This month also one new model was announced: Donguri-Syou (equalent for Bell in Japanese if i am right in my translation).
And also I have a question: where can I buy spinfit tips?

May 11, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #36 of 113
Any info on the price of the Donguri-Syou?

May 14, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #38 of 113
Has anybody heard the Syou yet? Any comparisons with the Flat-4 Sui?

Sep 13, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #39 of 113
Just got a pair of the donguri keyaki.  These just don't seem to get much love?  The sound compared to my IE800 is that the bass is just wow.  On some songs where there is less bass it sounds pretty good.  I think on the bass heavy tracks it gets a little overwhelming.  Still need more time on these, but I think they are good value.  Also just using spin-ft style tips, not comply.  Will have to test more later.  I can't decide if it's more U or V shaped though.  I'm driving them from my Oppo HA-2, and I think the DA-10 might be better match, but not sure about the highs.  

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #41 of 113
I'm starting to like this more.  Really the clarity is up there with the best.  There's also bass when you need (or when the song supplies) it.  When listening to songs with less bass tracks, it's a very well behaved IEM.  The soundstage is great too with the treble extension.  The bass is fun when it hits.  I think I'm adjusting a little bit to it.  Will switch back to other IEMs to compare later.  

Is the only difference between the raku, syou, and keyaki the material of the housing?  That's supposed to make a sound difference, but have you heard it?  If it's about the same then the other versions are much better deals.  The green tea version looks cool too.  I don't think it matches well with the wire connection part though.  

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #42 of 113
The only issue I have with the RAKU is with sibilance on certain tracks.  It can be a little piercing.  I thought about getting the SYOU HAGANE as it suppose to address this, and like its brother, SYOU, it's made with aluminum shell. Both are half the price of the Keyaki, so I stand apprehensive from the various opportunities of purchasing  it from the very few members who own one or can source it despite the preferred aesthetics of the wood shell and possible sound refinements.

What I find very pleasing with RAKU and consider it an unique strength in character is the massive stage depth.  Sure, it doesn't have the stage width as the FLAT4 I had, and the stage depth layering isn't as precise, but somehow for me, the Donguri sound is highly satisfying. 

I do wish for a local presence in the States, but I guess its obscurity and lack of availability adds to its magic and unique sound presentation.

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #44 of 113
Yeah?  Hope you like it.  I think it sounds much better with the intended comply's BTW than the silicone tips I had fit on them.  The seal might have been too tight, as sometimes the bass got out of control and the treble which is pretty strong on this IEM got a little bit too much at times.  I think with the comply's they fit as they were designed.  I am using the TX-200 M's to keep the driver unit clean. I look in and there's no filter at all to keep anything out.  Pretty much what the diagram specs but oh well.  

I was doing some listening comparisons with my SE846 blue filter/ IE800 with custom molds/ Donguri Keyaki with both silicone tips and comply tx200 tips.  
Driven from my Vega/Taurus MKii stack
Highs: The Donguri definitely had the more piercing highs.  I was surprised by this, expecting the IE800 to be the tops on this.  The SE846 felt muted.  Although, I think the IE800 highs sounded more natural
Mids: SE846 wins here, I think mainly cuz the highs are not as strong.  Though depending on the track, all the IEMs are able to do voices very well.
Bass: SE846 is the strongest.  IE800 and Donguri are fairly similar.  I'd give a slight edge to the IE800.  The details of the bass is just better IMO.  I think I've grown up with dynamic driver bass more, and it's just clearer defined.  Both are very fast.  The SE846 has more volume and boom.  This was also surprising as I thought the Donguri  had too much bass at first.  But actually with the proper fitment it's quite good.
Soundstage: IE800 wins out here, no question.  Somehow it just sounds more organic and just as open.  The Donguri has a nice stage as well, but it's not as inviting.  The SE846 while it has it too, it is much more intimate.  I think it's still the best for EDM or pop music though.  I feel I can go anywhere with the SE846.  

This is interesting, and it might be different driven from my portable DAC/AMPs, but I wanted to see how far each could go.  When I tried the SE846 and IE800 with the HA-1 before, the IE800 scaled much better.  Easy to drive wise, it's from easiest SE846>Donguri>IE800 hardest to drive.  That said they're still IEMs and can all be driven from my iphone to a decent level.  

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #45 of 113
Agreed that the Donguri line was made for Comply tips. When I first got my RAKU, I immediately used a set of Ortofon/Grado silicone tips and it just didn't sound right compared to the sparce reviews out there.  Put on the T-400 Complies and I was connected to the sound signature, so to speak.  Thanks for the your brief impressions with the IE800 as that's one iem that I've been tempted many times to own, but didn't.

The piercing highs you experienced with the Keyaki, was that with the silicone or Comply tips, or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back