Ocharaku Donguri
Aug 19, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #92 of 113
Yep, like the older colors better too. The marketing about them being a "hugely upgraded version of the Shizuku" seems wishful thinking on their part. :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #94 of 113
Co Donguri Brass ordered...

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #96 of 113
I second that question, wonder how it sound as well...
But....... I thought Co Donguri isn't made by Ocharaku? it's TTR made, though it does use Ocharaku's tech
Bell sounds makes it in Japan.. Ttr makes in Thailand.. Evidson makes it in India on custom order.

Ocharaku makes the prototype models. Flat series is expensive series which he makes and on low volume....

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #97 of 113
^ Were the two compared with the same tips on. I see the old version still winning in some aspects. Is this with the Final tips or the older tips?
Brass has lower resonant frequency and has nothing to with weight. Lower resonance means the bell like highs are tamed. Bass is stable due to added weight and high tensility of brass

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #99 of 113
Ocharaku Donguri-Kaede Measurements:
(MiniDSP EARS. Raw compensation. 500Hz 84dB normalized. 1/12 smoothing. Right Only)

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Ocharaku Donguri-Keyaki (red)
Donguris.jpg

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Olasonic (Ocharaku) Flat-4 Nami (black)
Ocharakus.jpg

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Sennheiser IE-40 Pro (orange)
Donguri Senn.jpg

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Etymotic ER4SR (green)
Donguri Ety.jpg

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Campfire Andromeda S (purple)
Donguri Andromeda.jpg

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Moondrop KXXS (green)
Donguri KXXS.jpg

Donguri-Kaede (brown) vs Astell&Kern (beyerdynamic) T8iE Mk II (green)
Donguri AK.jpg

Apr 17, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #100 of 113
I just got the Co-Donguri Brass since my EX800ST died and I needed a new IEM. I got a bit curious about their tornado equalizer tech in them and have been looking at them for a while now. So far I'm really loving them but the upper mids sound kinda odd. They're a bit on the dry side and something sounds off about them. A friend of mine has a Donguri SYOU Hagane that he's trying to sell, and I'm thinking about buying them since they apparently have less treble and upper mid-range energy. Does anyone have both sets and can confirm this? Also, if you guys want I'll post my quick impressions of the Brass in here as well as my graphs I took with my Dayton IMM-6.

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #101 of 113
HI, i have the donguri syou kurenai and i've tried my friend's keyaki ti plus. does anyone here tried them before together with kaede?i'm planning to upgrade to the donguri kaede but it willl be a blind buy so i thought i'd come here for opinions first. Also wondering if the kaede is as source sensitive as the keyaki ti plus.The keyaki sounded bad on a sony a55 but really good on other more expensive daps

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #102 of 113
HI, i have the donguri syou kurenai and i've tried my friend's keyaki ti plus. does anyone here tried them before together with kaede?i'm planning to upgrade to the donguri kaede but it willl be a blind buy so i thought i'd come here for opinions first. Also wondering if the kaede is as source sensitive as the keyaki ti plus.The keyaki sounded bad on a sony a55 but really good on other more expensive daps

the Kaede has fantastic bass but had too much treble energy for me. i got the Keyaki TI Plus instead. When I auditioned them, I was using a AK70 MkII, and the Kaede sounded too harsh in the upper frequencies. Using a Sony ZX507 now with the Keyaki is very satisfying and balanced. the Keyaki TI Plus is more balanced of the two to me, and more exciting the the Keyaki TI Plus Dual

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #103 of 113
what do you think about the mids on the kaede?, on graph it seems more on the kaede compared to the keyaki.

Jul 1, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #104 of 113
the Kaede has fantastic bass but had too much treble energy for me. i got the Keyaki TI Plus instead. When I auditioned them, I was using a AK70 MkII, and the Kaede sounded too harsh in the upper frequencies. Using a Sony ZX507 now with the Keyaki is very satisfying and balanced. the Keyaki TI Plus is more balanced of the two to me, and more exciting the the Keyaki TI Plus Dual
also in my experience i prefered the keyaki ti plus on the audio gd nfb1+ khadas tone board rather than the ak sp2000. the sp2000 has sweeter vocals but the audio gd made it more musical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back