Ocharaku Donguri
Sep 16, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #46 of 113
I'm not sure if I'm just getting more used to the highs, but I did feel the comply tips tamed the highs and lows versus the silicone ones.  Maybe I'm becoming a treble head, but the highs were never unacceptable for me.  I think highs are OK as long as they sound natural.  That said, the highs are still pretty strong with the comply tips.  But it's good high's.  That said, I'm driving them from OPPO HA-2, which has a slightly darker sound compared to my DA-10, so that is probably a factor too.  I listened to Sia - Chandelier and the vocals sounded pretty good.  And the effects they put on the vocals don't get piercing either.  Eric Clapton's Layla (Live Unplugged) sounds good too.  The tamborine and audience claps sound natural.  Vocals are still standing out.  I can see how some who are not used to resolving highs can not like the sound signature though.  The guitar solo about 3 minutes in is a good test of that too.  More Clapton, his live Bad Love performance at Alberta Hall I think is not perfect for this IEM.  I think this is where the IE800 would do better with a more complete soundstage.  Creedance Clearwater Revival sounds good though.  Maybe it's just revealing the problems with some older recordings.  I will check out some older albums at home.  

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #47 of 113
To add to my impressions, there is a pretty big difference between driving these IEMs with my iPhone vs the HA-2.  Most noticeable are the bass and the mids.  I don't really like the sound out of the iPhone with these IEMs.  

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #49 of 113
  I'm like one of the biggest Flat4 fanatics on head-fi. I have the SUI and KAEDE, and while the latter is a gorgeous piece of kit that is definitely an upgrade in the materials department, I'm not so sure it's a big upgrade in terms of sound. In fact, it sounds quite similar to the SUI to my ears, main difference being slightly less glare up top and slightly more bass heft below. While I appreciate the better upper-end, I don't think the SUI needed anymore bass! The KAEDE can be a little overwhelming on certain tracks. But really, both are exquisite and beat the pants off of most other IEMs for me personally, especially in terms of refinement (no nasty resonance), detail extraction, and dynamics.

As for the Donguri, I hate to say it, but they kind of remind me of those awful Thinksound RAIN earphones on the outside, though I'm sure the craftsmanship is superior. Knowing Ocharaku, the engineering on the inside will result in a good sound too.

haha thinksound rain. yea so true

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #51 of 113
This was released recently. Under 5k yen worth of good fun, [COLOR=545454]茶楽音人 [/COLOR][COLOR=6A6A6A]Co[/COLOR][COLOR=545454]-[/COLOR][COLOR=6A6A6A]Donguri[/COLOR][COLOR=545454] 雫([/COLOR][COLOR=545454]SHIZUKU)...[/COLOR]

how would u rate against Donguri Keyaki/TiPlus

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #52 of 113

Just received mine haha.. Must say, they're excellent for live recordings.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #53 of 113
Just purchased a pair in Singapore. I have to say, these are easily the best "reference class" budget IEM's. To my ears, these have trumped IEM's worth 500-600 USD. The Co-donguris have a superbly 'bright sound" with a tinge of sibilance, just the right amount to simulate a sense of forwardness. Paired with my Cowon Plenue D, the Co-Donguri shines, with a massive soundstage, clear imaging and excellent timbe production (with regard to wind and string instruments).

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #55 of 113
  Just purchased a pair in Singapore. I have to say, these are easily the best "reference class" budget IEM's. To my ears, these have trumped IEM's worth 500-600 USD. The Co-donguris have a superbly 'bright sound" with a tinge of sibilance, just the right amount to simulate a sense of forwardness. Paired with my Cowon Plenue D, the Co-Donguri shines, with a massive soundstage, clear imaging and excellent timbe production (with regard to wind and string instruments).

disagree on that it trumped iems worth 500-600 usd.
blink.gif

looking for a used donguri keyaki ti plus to complement my kaede II

anyone can comment on their differences?

kaede 2 is technically better. tiplus is aggressive on the highs.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #59 of 113
the co donguri is good but not marvellous.
the reviewer is selling it by the way.
review is overhyped.
save your $.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #60 of 113
  the co donguri is good but not marvellous.
the reviewer is selling it by the way.
review is overhyped.
save your $.

I believe that statement isn't entirely fair. It remains one of my best iems so far, more linear and transparent than even the Havi B3. People will get what they want to anw, should just let people try if they're interested, wasn't that how you got this far anyway? You have tried many world-class things but it's good to remember that an extreme minority have experienced what you have. This builds to that experience as well. If they should find it not to their taste then they'll sell it anyway and the next guy benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back