Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #62 of 430
They'd have to make the 4-pole jack standard or start offering removable cables. I don't get why the product can be so "exclusive" sometimes, but hey. All eyes are on him. After what Shure did with the 1500 and that glowing review by Jude, everyone is gonna be under serious pressure.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #63 of 430
They'd have to make the 4-pole jack standard or start offering removable cables. I don't get why the product can be so "exclusive" sometimes, but hey. All eyes are on him. After what Shure did with the 1500 and that glowing review by Jude, everyone is gonna be under serious pressure.

I agree on the need for removable cables. Though the cable is relatively soft, supple and tough, I can't imagine what would happen to my cable over time. Probably cable fatigue, heh. But if one babies them (since it's for home listening) it should last for quite a bit...
That said though, I doubt Yamagishi-san would do it solely due to pressure from the industry - he's into this and tea as an interest.

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #64 of 430
What Mr. Yamagishi does is completely his own thing. I don't think he is under any pressure from outside. And, regarding removable cables, I would agree if his cables were not already so good. As it is, as you mentioned, they are soft, supple, and strong. And his earphones are not the typical throw-around portables that need extra robustness or need to be replaced. 

Now, if he had a balanced edition, that might make sense. In which case, yes, removable cables would make sense. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #66 of 430
  There was a very limited balance edition which was sold out on the same day. 

Yeah, and they were a bit of a big deal because they were completely recabled, not just re-terminated.  The new Keyaki Ti is already 4-conductor so the limited edition balanced version will be `less special`.  I wonder if Ocharaku will do the same with the the Flat-4 series . . . 

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #67 of 430
just got new Donguri-Keyaki Ti Plus, my first Ocharaku IEM.
the build is incredible and it looks gorgeous.

still in the burn-in phase but the first impression in one word: transparent. from airy high to realistic mid to tight sub-bass, everything sounds crystal clear. loving superb micro detail. soundstage is wide and spacious. as single dynamic driver IEM it has basically exact opposite sound signature of FX850.

Dec 14, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #68 of 430
Gorgeous - I keep lusting for these, keep demoing them.  Enjoy  ! 

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #69 of 430
I more info about Chonmage 3 sound impression. Is that true Chonmage 3 have good vocal presentation? I read it from e-earphone staffs' review

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #71 of 430
i can't find any reviews or impressions even here in Japan. feels like i'm the only one who bought it lol

but i'm really enjoying this new Donguri. i sold my Dita Truth and i'm not missing it.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #74 of 430
just got new Donguri-Keyaki Ti Plus, my first Ocharaku IEM.
the build is incredible and it looks gorgeous.

still in the burn-in phase but the first impression in one word: transparent. from airy high to realistic mid to tight sub-bass, everything sounds crystal clear. loving superb micro detail. soundstage is wide and spacious. as single dynamic driver IEM it has basically exact opposite sound signature of FX850.

How are you finding them, in general, after six weeks? And how's the sound isolation on 'em? I gather it's at least few dB better than on the Keyskis.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #75 of 430
I just had my first experience using my Kaede IIs on a flight, and the isolation was... okay. A good 15 dB less than what my SE535s blocked. F.A. and pilot announcements bled through the music, but it wasn't super irritating. I kind of miss having the ability to shut out everything, and otherwise have more out-and-about flexibility. Having said that, holy crap do they ever sound f'n' magical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back