Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Sep 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #16 of 430

One thing I'd like to see improved though is the Ocharaku can............although it looks great, it's not a very practical portable solution for carrying the earphones around - it's too big to fit in any pocket and the earphones knocking on the wall of the can (not lined with foam or anything) produces an annoying noise.

Ebay has these for $20 - they would do the trick, a bit big, but then you can fit your mp3 player as well, if you don't use a phone for  music.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271230771416?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

May 2, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #17 of 430
http://ocharaku.jp/sound/topics/5020/

look like a new batch is coming. new akakaede II (30mm tube), and balance cable. 
etysmile.gif

May 5, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #21 of 430
  wow! you have the whole Flat4 line up 
eek.gif
. How much different between Nami and Kaede/Kaede II?

Yep, I'm a big fan - Naim and Kaede very different - Naim is full bodied and very accessible - Kaede is very refined and has the most micro detail I have heard so far.

May 6, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #22 of 430
I've not done a very good job of tending this thread, sorry. But it's safe to say that many of us really love Ocharaku. Donguri (version I) is now my favourite, if only because it is a bit laid back compared to Kaede, but it lacks the same immense space. I'm hoping to finish up a few more reviews very soon and am very glad to hear what others think.

May 7, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #23 of 430
Nathan, thank you so much. My decision to buy donguri-raku (the plastic one) last summer was based on your reviews of flat 4 sui and modified ath-ckm55. I was going to give ocharaku a try and i found them really unique. I have enjoyed this earphones much. I am considering buying flat 4 kuro (type I or type II) nowadays.
Maybe you can help me in my choices, how do donguri raku compare to donguri keyaki, flat 4 sui and kuro?

May 7, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #24 of 430
Waiveddreams, I hope I've been helpful. There is one big problem here: the only Ocharaku I own is the modified CKM55. The others I borrow. That said, the Donguri is one I am very seriously thinking about. I prefer it slightly to KURO and KAEDE only because it is just that much less energetic in the highs and 100% coherent. 

I hope to finish a review of KURO II soon. But we're brothers in love with their designs that's for sure.

May 7, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #25 of 430
is there any different between the Donguri? ( raku, syuo and keyaki) Im thinking about getting Donguri too, if they all the same i think i'll get the syuo for the built.

May 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #26 of 430
  is there any different between the Donguri? ( raku, syuo and keyaki) Im thinking about getting Donguri too, if they all the same i think i'll get the syuo for the built.

I assume they are different. Keyaki is the harder of the woods (from what I understand) which may give it a slightly different sound to the others. 

May 7, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #27 of 430

I assume they are different. Keyaki is the harder of the woods (from what I understand) which may give it a slightly different sound to the others. 

I though ocharaku coat the inside of their IEM with damping  material so the shell material dont make much different unless they tune the drivers different (like the flat4 nami vs kuro). 

May 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #28 of 430
  Waiveddreams, I hope I've been helpful. There is one big problem here: the only Ocharaku I own is the modified CKM55. The others I borrow. That said, the Donguri is one I am very seriously thinking about. I prefer it slightly to KURO and KAEDE only because it is just that much less energetic in the highs and 100% coherent. 

I hope to finish a review of KURO II soon. But we're brothers in love with their designs that's for sure.

It's been at least one year that I've red this statement for the first time from you :D

May 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #29 of 430
Yeah... I'm very, very behind. And sorry for that. 
  I though ocharaku coat the inside of their IEM with damping  material so the shell material dont make much different unless they tune the drivers different (like the flat4 nami vs kuro). 

Kaede, etc. are cosmetically sealed in wood. Donguri is a bit different. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back