Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Nov 25, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #301 of 430
Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #302 of 430
So has anyone heard the Kaede III? Is it true that they are worse than Kaede II and original Kaedes as I am understanding?

I just sold my Kaede IIs, as I needed the funds for a speaker project/purchase, but I definitely wouldn't say the Kaede III are worse than those with the pre-cellulose nanfiber drivers (I also own the Keyaki Plus/Balance). My Audio-gd setup sounds better/different when using the balanced output, as compared with the single-ended output, so it was difficult to get a sense of exactly how different the two models sounded (II vs. III) – although I did have the IIs in my possession for nearly four years. I just moved, and am thus far having a ground loop issue in our new place. My Kaede IIIs are also likely not fully burned in yet. All this to say, I'm hesistant at this point to really comment definitively on how they differ.

The Kaede III bear more sonic resemblance with the Kaede II than the Keyaki Plus. The Keyaki Plus have a somewhat narrower, but slightly deeper soundstage. The Keyaki Plus actually seems a tiny bit more dynamic. Percussion instruments in particular seem to pop juuuust a tad more on the Keyakis. I'm really splitting hairs here, but that's the most obvious difference in presentation to me, apart from a shift in soundstage characteristics. Actually, the Keyaki Plus ha a bit more balanced frequency response as well. I don't have any measurements to back that impression up with, but that's what I'm sensing. As with the Kaede IIs, the IIIs present a more spacious and airy sound overall than the 'Keyaki BALANCE'. I want to say that the new membrane on the drive gives a more textured and refined sound. It's difficult to say that it's more detailed per se, as the Kaede II already presented a squeegee clean window into pretty much everything. I still need more time with them, and I also am relying on audio memory here.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #303 of 430
So has anyone heard the Kaede III? Is it true that they are worse than Kaede II and original Kaedes as I am understanding?

Care to share where that understanding come from?

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #304 of 430
I've red a few comments on a Japanese site and asked several times here from users that as I understood purchased them. 1 year from release and 0 impressions.

Here on head-fi hype trains needs way less to start. Considering how much interest the Kaedes I and II generated I was expecting a bit more interest on the Kaede III especially considering the driver change.

I was trying to be a bit provocative with my post since if you check a few pages/days back you will find out that I already asked a few times for impressions but my queries were always ignored with posts totally re routing the discussion to other models.

I continue to be highly curious about them but purchased the IER Z1R ultimately. At least you get plenty of feedback about the Sony model.

When you decide to spend 1000+ USD on a pair of iem I believe for 99% of users it is important to know somehow what to expect.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #305 of 430
I've red a few comments on a Japanese site and asked several times here from users that as I understood purchased them. 1 year from release and 0 impressions.

Here on head-fi hype trains needs way less to start. Considering how much interest the Kaedes I and II generated I was expecting a bit more interest on the Kaede III especially considering the driver change.

I was trying to be a bit provocative with my post since if you check a few pages/days back you will find out that I already asked a few times for impressions but my queries were always ignored with posts totally re routing the discussion to other models.

I continue to be highly curious about them but purchased the IER Z1R ultimately. At least you get plenty of feedback about the Sony model.

When you decide to spend 1000+ USD on a pair of iem I believe for 99% of users it is important to know somehow what to expect.

Problem is in this market with so many products rolling out and each with at least a few talking points or technological breakthroughs (*ahem*), Ocharaku is doing its own stuff at its own pace and the new generation has soooooooo little to talk about such that interest is understandably low - not to mention that the older generations are not for everyone's liking in the first place. I myself would love to see reviews and try it sometime if possible - still has my Kaede II with me and use it sparingly.

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #307 of 430
Hi, how does co donguri brass compared to final e3000 (owned one) ?
I personally rate the Donguri Brass higher than E3000 because i'm a sucker for those ringing upper-mids. For some people, these might be a turn-off. E3000 has a more safe tuning and are easier on the ears.
E3000s have thicker bass, and smoother highs. Detail retrieval is significantly better in the Donguris. Driver speed is also better in the Donguris. Both are amazing units, i still pick up the E3000s for a more relaxed listen. The E3000 (and E2000) play all genres equally well, whereas the Donguris favour some genres over others (pop songs with male vocals sound more realistic with the E3000). The cables in E3000, and E2000, could have had a better, more secure passage into the housing. As it is, they are a little naked and every time i pull these out, i feel they are getting a little strained.

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #308 of 430
I personally rate the Donguri Brass higher than E3000 because i'm a sucker for those ringing upper-mids. For some people, these might be a turn-off. E3000 has a more safe tuning and are easier on the ears.
E3000s have thicker bass, and smoother highs. Detail retrieval is significantly better in the Donguris. Driver speed is also better in the Donguris. Both are amazing units, i still pick up the E3000s for a more relaxed listen. The E3000 (and E2000) play all genres equally well, whereas the Donguris favour some genres over others (pop songs with male vocals sound more realistic with the E3000). The cables in E3000, and E2000, could have had a better, more secure passage into the housing. As it is, they are a little naked and every time i pull these out, i feel they are getting a little strained.
I just bought Brass yesterday, i love the way it's sounds, but if i want to get slightly deeper bass & fuller mid should i buy spinfit cp100 or cp240?

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #311 of 430
HI, i have the donguri syou kurenai and i've tried my friend's keyaki ti plus. does anyone here tried them before together with kaede?i'm planning to upgrade to the donguri kaede but it willl be a blind buy so i thought i'd come here for opinions first.

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #312 of 430
HI, i have the donguri syou kurenai and i've tried my friend's keyaki ti plus. does anyone here tried them before together with kaede?i'm planning to upgrade to the donguri kaede but it willl be a blind buy so i thought i'd come here for opinions first.

I’ve the kaede 2 and donguri kaede. I find the both to be well tuned than all other variants. musical but fairly flat meaning I didn’t hear peaks from my lpgt nor sp1000. The others i’ve tried like the keyaki plus (non donguri), sakura were either v shaped or had something I didn’t find pleasing when i visited e earphone. The kaede 2 and donguri kaede had a more natural tone for me.

When i visited his tea shop, i asked makoto san which one was his favorite he mentioned it was the donguri kaede. I liked the kaede 2 by a small margin.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #313 of 430
I’ve the kaede 2 and donguri kaede. I find the both to be well tuned than all other variants. musical but fairly flat meaning I didn’t hear peaks from my lpgt nor sp1000. The others i’ve tried like the keyaki plus (non donguri), sakura were either v shaped or had something I didn’t find pleasing when i visited e earphone. The kaede 2 and donguri kaede had a more natural tone for me.

When i visited his tea shop, i asked makoto san which one was his favorite he mentioned it was the donguri kaede. I liked the kaede 2 by a small margin.
i'm thinking of getting the kaede then get a dap that fits it. the only daps in my budget that i'm gonna try the kaede on is the shanling m6, m6 pro, fiio m11, m11 pro,sony zx507 and possibly the ak sr25. Do you have any experience trying them with either of these daps? do you find the kaede very source sensitive? I'm fine with the tuning of the daps but just afraid that they cant power the kaede well.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #315 of 430
i'm thinking of getting the kaede then get a dap that fits it. the only daps in my budget that i'm gonna try the kaede on is the shanling m6, m6 pro, fiio m11, m11 pro,sony zx507 and possibly the ak sr25. Do you have any experience trying them with either of these daps? do you find the kaede very source sensitive? I'm fine with the tuning of the daps but just afraid that they cant power the kaede well.

Sorry I don’t have those daps and have had no chance to listen to them.
I’ve listened to my daps and it seems they’re a bit picky on the matching. I do love both kaede 2 (3.5) and donguri kaede (4.4 bal) on the lpgt but not with the dx220 max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back