Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Jul 4, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #316 of 430
Sorry I don’t have those daps and have had no chance to listen to them.
I’ve listened to my daps and it seems they’re a bit picky on the matching. I do love both kaede 2 (3.5) and donguri kaede (4.4 bal) on the lpgt but not with the dx220 max.
ah dx220 , something i'm a bit more associated with.Why did you not like it on the dx220? Was it because the tuning did not fit the donguri kaede or somehow it can't draw out the details of the kaede?

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #317 of 430
Any impressions of the Kaede III? Pretty interested to find out what Ocharaku has done but with this COVID situation I doubt I would be able to get a chance to go and personally hear one for myself. Just curious!!
IMG_4507.jpg
Oh don't they just look gorgeous! My photo definitely does not do them any justice.

Jul 30, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #318 of 430
Nice Flat-4s collections there.

I'm considering getting a donguri kaede myself.
I emailed to ocharaku and ask them, since i don't have DAP, and listening musics from smartphone, they told me donguri lines work fine with smartphones.
Flat-4 must use better power DAPs.

Jul 30, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #319 of 430

I emailed to ocharaku and ask them, since i don't have DAP, and listening musics from smartphone, they told me donguri lines work fine with smartphones.
i'm not too great with ocharaku so i cant say much but keyaki ti plus sounded horrendous on my a55 and ifi nano. Just sounds muffled , detailess and messed up.
but sounded fine on better amps and daps . My syou works fine on phones though. if you wanna wait, my kaede is coming soon( in a week) and i can get back to you after trying it on phone.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #320 of 430
i'm not too great with ocharaku so i cant say much but keyaki ti plus sounded horrendous on my a55 and ifi nano. Just sounds muffled , detailess and messed up.
but sounded fine on better amps and daps . My syou works fine on phones though. if you wanna wait, my kaede is coming soon( in a week) and i can get back to you after trying it on phone.
Can't wait your impressions of Kaede on smarphone.

This is reply from ocharaku.

The Donguri series is more sensitive than the Flat4 series.
I think the Donguri series is better for smartphone headphone output.
Donguri series includes Donguri-KAEDE and Donguri-KEYAKI Ti Plus.
KAEDE has a softer sound quality, and KEYAKI has a higher speed and solid tone.
KEYAKI has Donguri-KEYAKI Ti Plus and Donguri-KEYAKI Ti Plus Dual.
Donguri-KEYAKI Ti Plus has a slightly higher tone, and Donguri-KEYAKI Ti Plus Dual has a flat sound quality.

KAEDE has a beautiful mid-high range and rich bass.

On the other hand, KEYAKI is a clear, high-speed sound, and the low range is flat.

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #321 of 430

It is not all mine. I only own the sakura and the akakeyaki, butI have always been a fan of the Kaede II!
IMG_7932.JPG
Personally, I have only been using my Flat-4s with DAPs. My phone doesn't bring out the best of the Flat-4. However, when I need to listen to music with my phone, I would reach for the way cheaper Ocharaku co-donguri compared to something like the Akakeyaki. I know this sounds controversial but let me explain.

Firsly, I would only listen to music from my smartphone when I am on the go, so the semi-open design of the Flat 4s do not isolate as well. Secondly, the Flat-4s have a SUPER HIGH resolution. Take it as a very high resolution projector. However, the songs I would listen to on my smart phone are not as well mastered as those I have on my DAP, mostly compressed and lossy files. The Flat-4 would SHOW YOU EVERY DETAIL. Thus sometimes it might even become unbearable to listen to as the Flat-4s show no mercy. It is important to note that the Flat-4s scale very well with gear.

Therefore, whenever I need to listen via my smartphone, I happily reach for the co-donguri and still derive satisfaction from it :) This is just my personal opinion and what I feel. I am quite sure some of you would have differing opinions but we are all here to share and learn!

Jul 30, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #323 of 430
Any idea when the Shizuku S2 is going to be out for purchase and any one know if it will be available on amazon japan?

I am looking at the Co-donguri brass balanced 4,4mm version: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07DKWSG2L
but wonder if I should wait for the Shizuku S2 as my first Ocharaku/co-donguri iem (also want to buy with amazon japan so I can use my gift card)...

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #325 of 430
Any impressions of the Kaede III? Pretty interested to find out what Ocharaku has done but with this COVID situation I doubt I would be able to get a chance to go and personally hear one for myself. Just curious!!
IMG_4507.jpg
Oh don't they just look gorgeous! My photo definitely does not do them any justice.

i had the chance to listed to the kaede 3 last year and compare it to kaede 2 when i visited the ocharaku tea shop last year. it's pretty close using AK SP1000 and LPGT. i do remember incremental improvements in sound stage and depth but not a big leap. decision wise, i would have loved to buy one, however, what i failed to know earlier was otochan did not have a credit card terminal :frowning2:

sorry i couldn't expound more. i didn't take notes, but enough for me to want to buy 1. tonality is very close though, but slight improvements mentioned above.

Jul 31, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #326 of 430
ah dx220 , something i'm a bit more associated with.Why did you not like it on the dx220? Was it because the tuning did not fit the donguri kaede or somehow it can't draw out the details of the kaede?

i just don't think it matches well. or maybe it was because the dx220max was early in it's burn in process.

Jul 31, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #327 of 430
i had the chance to listed to the kaede 3 last year and compare it to kaede 2 when i visited the ocharaku tea shop last year. it's pretty close using AK SP1000 and LPGT. i do remember incremental improvements in sound stage and depth but not a big leap. decision wise, i would have loved to buy one, however, what i failed to know earlier was otochan did not have a credit card terminal :frowning2:

sorry i couldn't expound more. i didn't take notes, but enough for me to want to buy 1. tonality is very close though, but slight improvements mentioned above.
i just blind bought a AK SE100. I hope it works well with kaede. Have you tried it before on any ochrakaus?

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #329 of 430
Does anyone here have the donguri raku? Online i see it's being sold with comply foam. Does spinfit silicons work well with it?

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #330 of 430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back