Ocharaku 音茶楽 thread
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #271 of 430
Ah, thanks for the very detailed reply.

Hmmm.... So as I'm already satisfied when talking about out of the head soundstage and imaging with my A3 and IM02 I shouldn't really look into the Sui too much?

Indeed the Kanas Pro piqued my interest Esp as strictly Shizuku replacement

I'm still just curious about the Flat 4 sound tho, and wondering is it as unique as Final IEMs can often be... Or is it safer to source for a used EX1000...
Does the Sui even have multiple tube length? I thought only Akazakura has that 2nd option.

Hmmm... I can probably save up some more for a Co-Donguri Kaede, I do hear quite a few of good things about it.
thats why check your earcanal length and tube length....not all flat4 would sound nice to every ear....otherwise...Sui is wider than A6
EX1000 soundstage but slightly more filling and spacious.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #272 of 430
Ah, thanks for the very detailed reply.

Hmmm.... So as I'm already satisfied when talking about out of the head soundstage and imaging with my A3 and IM02 I shouldn't really look into the Sui too much?

Indeed the Kanas Pro piqued my interest Esp as strictly Shizuku replacement

I'm still just curious about the Flat 4 sound tho, and wondering is it as unique as Final IEMs can often be... Or is it safer to source for a used EX1000...
Does the Sui even have multiple tube length? I thought only Akazakura has that 2nd option.

Hmmm... I can probably save up some more for a Co-Donguri Kaede, I do hear quite a few of good things about it.
Well, Kanas pro blew my mind....

It is round, articulate, focused when needed, holographic when demand, no phase and no impedance issues and damm too much classic looking.....you should try once.
Or jump into homemade iem.
Ocharaku sound is like mastering a certain aspect for loss of others.(except for shizuku, brass, Kaede and chonmage3).

Kurenai is airy but at loss of treble and I can go on

The real flagship of ocharaku is not FLAT4 by the way.... It is ocharaku co donguri Kaede dual tornado equaliser.

It has two series tornado equaliser and it is the best dynamic IEM I have ever listened too.

That is a 90% Harman kardon target, but the magic happens at mids.. Its the biggest mids I have listened too in a IEM or even some headphone.... Dual tornado equaliser fixes the peak issues, tame the 3kHz to get the peaking at 2.5kHz and at the same time, having the delayed air effect(phase shifting) it is strangely in phase....which makes the brain thinking like a DSP is activated and correcting the music

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #273 of 430
Well, Kanas pro blew my mind....and then I got to know that moondrop owner was student in Harman kardon university in reddit....
It is round, articulate, focused when needed, holographic when demand, no phase and no impedance issues and damm too much classic looking.....you should try once.
Or jump into homemade iem.
Ocharaku sound is like mastering a certain aspect for loss of others.(except for shizuku, brass, Kaede and chonmage3).

Kurenai is airy but at loss of treble and I can go on

The real flagship of ocharaku is not FLAT4 by the way.... It is ocharaku co donguri Kaede dual tornado equaliser.

It has two series tornado equaliser and it is the best dynamic IEM I have ever listened too.

That is a 90% Harman kardon target, but the magic happens at mids.. Its the biggest mids I have listened too in a IEM or even some headphone.... Dual tornado equaliser fixes the peak issues, tame the 3kHz to get the peaking at 2.5kHz and at the same time, having the delayed air effect(phase shifting) it is strangely in phase....which makes the brain thinking like a DSP is activated and correcting the music
I have 3 Ocharaku IEMs and I still love the Moondrop Kanas Pro. I went through the Chi-Fi journey recently and the only IEMs that I wowed me were the TFZ Secret Garden (I'm told it sounds like TFZ King Pro) and the Moondrop Kanas Pro. The Tanchjim Oxygen and the upcoming Moondrop KxxS also sound very good at CanJam SG 2019.

I'm loving the Ocharaku Donguri-Kaede for the vocals. The Ocharaku Flat4 has an interestingly large soundstage for an IEM.

I recently demoed the Crosszone CZ-1 and when I first heard it sounded weird. I continued on for the next 10 minutes and when I closed my eyes and I instantly felt I was in a huge room. I'm guessing that delayed tube has an effect on soundstage like the Flat4.

Btw dhruvmeena96, can you link me the article regarding the Moondrop owner? It's good to hear some chatter on this thread again after so long

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #274 of 430
I have 3 Ocharaku IEMs and I still love the Moondrop Kanas Pro. I went through the Chi-Fi journey recently and the only IEMs that I wowed me were the TFZ Secret Garden (I'm told it sounds like TFZ King Pro) and the Moondrop Kanas Pro. The Tanchjim Oxygen and the upcoming Moondrop KxxS also sound very good at CanJam SG 2019.

I'm loving the Ocharaku Donguri-Kaede for the vocals. The Ocharaku Flat4 has an interestingly large soundstage for an IEM.

I recently demoed the Crosszone CZ-1 and when I first heard it sounded weird. I continued on for the next 10 minutes and when I closed my eyes and I instantly felt I was in a huge room. I'm guessing that delayed tube has an effect on soundstage like the Flat4.

Btw dhruvmeena96, can you link me the article regarding the Moondrop owner? It's good to hear some chatter on this thread again after so long
i read it own moondrop or chi fi...its on reddit somewhere and i have to find it.
TFZ secret Garden is lower impedance, super warm TFZ king pro.....TFZ king pro is a different beast. TFZ king pro ~60ohm impedance makes it clean sounding compared to Secret Garden. And TFZ King pro is the best TFZ till date followed by TFZ King III(Yes, the third) and then Secret Garden 3.

Moondrop KxxS is Kanas Pro with Harman Kardon 2018-19 IEM target. It is same as Kanas Pro but with elevation beginning bellow 60Hz. I tried it Canjam SG too... i was there and was better than London CanJam. Its Deeper for sure but is still a round stage and good sparkle.

Crosszone has a lot of tech going on

First is Multi driver
Second is inside cup reflection
third is Crossfeed
fourth is Signal Delay tube

It was a weird experience, issue with me was localization of sound, but it was still better than old approaches done by other companies...it was not mushy, it was just a little(very tiny soggy) but overall great enjoyment headphones

since it is an Ocharaku thread

Try Dual Tornado equalizer.... that is saturation point of Ocharaku tuning. That is plain legend IEM which cannot age in technical performance. Take Kanas Pro and multiply its stage 10x with intimacy also 10x.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #275 of 430
i read it own moondrop or chi fi...its on reddit somewhere and i have to find it.
TFZ secret Garden is lower impedance, super warm TFZ king pro.....TFZ king pro is a different beast. TFZ king pro ~60ohm impedance makes it clean sounding compared to Secret Garden. And TFZ King pro is the best TFZ till date followed by TFZ King III(Yes, the third) and then Secret Garden 3.

Moondrop KxxS is Kanas Pro with Harman Kardon 2018-19 IEM target. It is same as Kanas Pro but with elevation beginning bellow 60Hz. I tried it Canjam SG too... i was there and was better than London CanJam. Its Deeper for sure but is still a round stage and good sparkle.

First is Multi driver
third is Crossfeed

It was a weird experience, issue with me was localization of sound, but it was still better than old approaches done by other companies...it was not mushy, it was just a little(very tiny soggy) but overall great enjoyment headphones

Try Dual Tornado equalizer.... that is saturation point of Ocharaku tuning. That is plain legend IEM which cannot age in technical performance. Take Kanas Pro and multiply its stage 10x with intimacy also 10x.
Oh, the Donguri-Keyaki TiPlus Dual? Is it better than the Donguri-Kaede for vocals? From the drawings it seems to have the same drivers, different material for the tornado equalizer, and use of a second set of tornado equalizer in the tube.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #276 of 430
Oh, the Donguri-Keyaki TiPlus Dual? Is it better than the Donguri-Kaede for vocals? From the drawings it seems to have the same drivers, different material for the tornado equalizer, and use of a second set of tornado equalizer in the tube.
There is a Kaede version too....its way better and more mature listening experience overall. it just kills everything in ocharaku straight away, and i am serious about that.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #277 of 430
There is a Kaede version too....its way better and more mature listening experience overall. it just kills everything in ocharaku straight away, and i am serious about that.
Yeah I meant to say that I have the Kaede version. Ocharaku hasn't released the dual tornado equalizer version of the Kaede though.

I feel the treble separation on the Donguri-Kaede is a bit weak. Does the second tornado equalizer help with this? I don't have this problem with the Moondrop Kanas nor the AK T8ie.

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #278 of 430
Yeah I meant to say that I have the Kaede version. Ocharaku hasn't released the dual tornado equalizer version of the Kaede though.

I feel the treble separation on the Donguri-Kaede is a bit weak. Does the second tornado equalizer help with this? I don't have this problem with the Moondrop Kanas nor the AK T8ie.
I think Kaede is there, or I was listening to keyaki....woods are confusing

It was brought over by my friend when he came back from Japan. It is actually opposite of treble separation weak. It is detail monster....but the driver is outdated by ocharaku, so smidgens a little in mids, but it is not noticeable enough.

I build IEM myself though(you can check on homemade iem thread headfi). I tried copying the signature of this but ended up something better, but the classic sound of these makes me remember Audeze LCD series or STAX L series. Effortless sounding

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #279 of 430

First is Multi driver
third is Crossfeed

Man you two peak my interest to the Co-Donguri Kaede now...
But then you said there's something even better over it, with Dual Tornado Equalizer now~?

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #281 of 430
Hey
I think Kaede is there, or I was listening to keyaki....woods are confusing

It was brought over by my friend when he came back from Japan. It is actually opposite of treble separation weak. It is detail monster....but the driver is outdated by ocharaku, so smidgens a little in mids, but it is not noticeable enough.

I build IEM myself though(you can check on homemade iem thread headfi). I tried copying the signature of this but ended up something better, but the classic sound of these makes me remember Audeze LCD series or STAX L series. Effortless sounding
dhruvmeena96, I took a look at the measurements for my DAP (Onkyo DP-S1) and I found out that although the noise floor was low, the THD% was very high. This is probably why I wasn't hearing the treble seperation. I have some new DAPs on the way and hopefully that will fix the issue.

May 10, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #282 of 430
I've ordered a pair of balanced Kaede IIIs. Credit card is still smoldering, but I'm looking forward to hearing whatever potential enhacements to the sound the addition of the cellulose nanofibers compound membrane may make. Also, grooves have been added to the inside of the maple cabinet/housing. According to the copy on the Ocharaku site, this is supposed to "further reduce the standing wave and pursued sound with more spread". I'm also happy to finally have a balanced Flat4 Kaede.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #283 of 430
I see many recommending the Donguri here. Is it Saraundo's plastic Donguri or Ocharaku's nicely built Donguri?

May 10, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #284 of 430
I've ordered a pair of balanced Kaede IIIs. Credit card is still smoldering, but I'm looking forward to hearing whatever potential enhacements to the sound the addition of the cellulose nanofibers compound membrane may make. Also, grooves have been added to the inside of the maple cabinet/housing. According to the copy on the Ocharaku site, this is supposed to "further reduce the standing wave and pursued sound with more spread". I'm also happy to finally have a balancedF Flat4 Kaede.
Finally ocharaku upgraded its driver. The older driver was way too much outdated..

I think CNF will do good, because CNF cannot get harsh with treble frequency(its self highly damped due to higher surface area of CNF)

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #285 of 430
Finally ocharaku upgraded its driver. The older driver was way too much outdated..

I think CNF will do good, because CNF cannot get harsh with treble frequency(its self highly damped due to higher surface area of CNF)
I'm eagerly waiting a Donguri update with the new CNF drivers. I'm looking forward to listening to a TOTL biocellulose driver.

I ordered a VSonic GR07X last year but it got lost in delivery and I was never compensated. I also contemplated getting the ZMF Auteur but ended up getting a ZMF Aeolus instead. Hopefully I will have better luck with Ocharaku's product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back