Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #8,072 of 8,143
I have the A55 and apart from the sound I'm very disappointed with the features, the one I have is limited to 16gb and also external cards it only seems to accept 16gb as well.
No WiFi features and can't find any firmware for the device, doesn't play above 16bit 44100 for some odd reason.

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #8,073 of 8,143
I have the A55 and apart from the sound I'm very disappointed with the features, the one I have is limited to 16gb and also external cards it only seems to accept 16gb as well.
No WiFi features and can't find any firmware for the device, doesn't play above 16bit 44100 for some odd reason.
Yeah I've seen the negative reviews on AliExpress. I mean they're all negative for the A55. But the reviews for the A58 are mainly good. I mean there's hardly bad reviews for it. So for the price...I should just try it, right?

Thanks for the info

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #8,075 of 8,143
Why wouldn't you try one of the Mr. Walkman updates?

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #8,076 of 8,143
Jan 20, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #8,079 of 8,143
My $19 Hifi Walker H9 (Aigo Mp3-105) came today. It sounds very good, but the UI sucks. Two problems. 1. Use the ENTER bottom to go down one level in the menu tree, but must not hit ENTER to select the music file(use play/pause instead). If the ENTER is pressed, the player froze every time and need rebooting.

2. Like some of the Chinese-American DAPs I have. it can't detect FLAC extension files. With some DAPs, I can fix it by shorten the extension to, say, FLA (3 char). With this H9, no go. Finally, I renamed all the FLAC files to AAC files, then it is fine.

Yes.. I can't find any firmware for update. The closest spec DAP out there is NiNatus X10. It has the same DAC and amp chips. I got the firmware, but I am afraid I may kill the H9 if I flash the x10 firmware on the H9. Besides, I don't know what firmware file name the H9 expect to see.
Does anyone here have the firmware for the mp3 player HIFI Walker H9, perhaps the original one...? I found some firmware for a similar looking mp3 player Mechen M30, but it is not working (the player starts, responds to the buttons but no sound and the wheel is also not working).

Jan 21, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #8,081 of 8,143
I think above there is confusion between Ruizu a-55 and sony nw-a55. You can use mr walkman firmware for sony, not ruizu.
Anyway, I don't recommend ruizu a58. So so sound quality with very poor software. That was wasted money.
Awww... That's not what I wanted to read. I was going for positives as they're mainly positive on AliExpress.

But thank you for letting me know. Appreciated. I guess I'll just wait for a sale on a Hiby R2

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #8,082 of 8,143
I recently purchased i think what is a AIGO Moonlight M-1601 from Aliexpress for £35 as it was quite cheap, This looks the same as the Phinestic Z6 or Z6 Pro maybe with just different branding? I was wondering if the firmware for Z6 can be used to update the M1601 but i can't find anything online and don't know if it is the Z6 Pro or Z6 that should be used if at all. The main reason I want to update firmware is that the menus on the M-1601 are in both english and chinese so I would just like English as the Z6 has. Also the current firmware does that ordering issue where if you add new folders to SD card it doesn't put it in the alphabetic order but at the bottom of the sd card list. Does anyone have any idea how to update the firmware and what firmware to use for the M-1601. Thing is the box it was sent in has the Phinestic logo on it?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3010.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3010.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3012.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3012.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3013.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3013.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_3014.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3014.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #8,084 of 8,143
I recently purchased i think what is a AIGO Moonlight M-1601 from Aliexpress for £35 as it was quite cheap, This looks the same as the Phinestic Z6 or Z6 Pro maybe with just different branding? I was wondering if the firmware for Z6 can be used to update the M1601 but i can't find anything online and don't know if it is the Z6 Pro or Z6 that should be used if at all. The main reason I want to update firmware is that the menus on the M-1601 are in both english and chinese so I would just like English as the Z6 has. Also the current firmware does that ordering issue where if you add new folders to SD card it doesn't put it in the alphabetic order but at the bottom of the sd card list. Does anyone have any idea how to update the firmware and what firmware to use for the M-1601. Thing is the box it was sent in has the Phinestic logo on it?
Please let us know when/if you get some firmware working on it! If so then I think I might pick one up. I'm still looking for an ultra cheap dap like this

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #8,085 of 8,143
Well, I tried this morning and seemed to have bricked the player...The firmware I got was from this link: there was a link to the Z6-V1.1 firmware in the descprition (and the only one I could find on the internet also). On restart the menu was as I wanted so I thought it had worked until i tried to press the navigation buttons which light up and then do nothing so it is just stuck now without being able to do anything and even go into settings to add another firmware and try. Oh well at least I got it cheapish so no major loss.

Maybe it was supposed to be the V2 firmware that might have worked as it says on the Phinestic website...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back