Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 10, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #7,936 of 8,156
I’ve heard people slag off the RT6863D amp used in the Zisan Z5.
Personally, having bought several Chi-fi daps the best sounding was the Zishan Z4 (I missed out on the DSD AK4499) I have found the Z5 the best I’ve purchased so far: weighty and delicate sound.
When and if the DSD 4499 returns (to Aliexpress or Nicehck or Linsoul) I’d buy it, but the good old days of AKM dac chips in affordable devices seems over?

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #7,938 of 8,156
Any feedback regarding A12 pro??

5000mah battery, 720*1280 Resolution,512gb sd Card Support, Android 8.1, 5,0 ips Screen, 25 hours Playbacktime.
I am sorry which player are you referring to bro .. the specs look interesting

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #7,940 of 8,156
Oct 8, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #7,942 of 8,156
The main issue with the A12 Pro is definitely not the weight.

Display ist good, battery life is very good.
Build quality is great the main issue is the max volume is a joke. Don't know If this an android related issue but no matter which headphones or in ears I used the max volume can't compare to all other players I used. Depending on the song sometimes the max volume is maxed out.

On my Ruizu I'm about 78 of 128 volume.
The Sound quality is okay but to me not better when using a phone.

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #7,943 of 8,156
Hey guys, i've just registered an account here to post this message about the F.AUDIO FA4. There is little to no info on this device, no F.AUDIO official website, etc... However, i've purchased it (and the smaller T3 DAP) via Hifigo and just received both yesterday. The T3 sounds great but the FA4 is something else : it sounds fantastic. So, to keep things short, the only drawback for both DAP is the "scan disk" process at bootup that takes up to 20 minutes for the database to update. And this is : at every boot. I've reached to Hifigo support to ask them where should i look for support from F.AUDIO. I've suggested that a firmware upgrade would be great, with a small fix to this "scan disk"/database update problem, which should be very easy to implement : a simple message box reading "Update Database ?" with two buttons labeled "Yes" and "No", Et voilà, the misfeature is fixed. As soon as they answer me, i'll let you guys, know what's going on...

Oct 18, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #7,944 of 8,156
Hey guys, i've just registered an account here to post this message about the F.AUDIO FA4. There is little to no info on this device, no F.AUDIO official website, etc... However, i've purchased it (and the smaller T3 DAP) via Hifigo and just received both yesterday. The T3 sounds great but the FA4 is something else : it sounds fantastic. So, to keep things short, the only drawback for both DAP is the "scan disk" process at bootup that takes up to 20 minutes for the database to update. And this is : at every boot. I've reached to Hifigo support to ask them where should i look for support from F.AUDIO. I've suggested that a firmware upgrade would be great, with a small fix to this "scan disk"/database update problem, which should be very easy to implement : a simple message box reading "Update Database ?" with two buttons labeled "Yes" and "No", Et voilà, the misfeature is fixed. As soon as they answer me, i'll let you guys, know what's going on...
I've had it for 7 months and I'm very satisfied with the sound. Sometimes it freezes, this happened 3 times in all that time, but a long press on the power button solves everything and it comes back to life. And with the scan, it takes about 10 seconds for me, and I have about 150GB of music on the card. The software is version 8.10. And there is definitely a bigger sound stage on the balanced input.The battery also lasts a very long time.

Oct 18, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #7,945 of 8,156
there is definitely a bigger sound stage on the balanced input.
About F.AUDIO FA4 : I've plugged my KZ PR2 planar with modular cable onto 4.4mm bal and it absolutely sings. Hardly thought this set was that good before ! The soundstage is definitely bigger than on any of the other budget DAPs i own : Xduoo X3 (Rockboxed), Sony NW-A45 (Mr Walkman firmware), HIFI Walker H2 (Rockboxed) and a Swofy X60... HifiGo support told me they are in touch with F.AUDIO regarding firmware upgrades. I'll get answers in the next few days...

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #7,946 of 8,156
Here are some news form HifiGo support :
According to the brand's reply, they will try their best to improve according to your suggestions. I have sent your email to the brand , and they will inform you as soon as there is any software update. At present, when you use the memory card, the music file should not exceed 3000. Because more files take longer to scan and compare.
My suggestions were as follow :
  • An option to disable the TF card scanning (audio library update) on startup.
  • An option for linear playback of audio files : once a folder has been played, jump to the next folder...
Stay tuned, guys ! A firmware update may very well be on its way... Huzzah !!!

Oct 23, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #7,947 of 8,156
Oct 23, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #7,949 of 8,156

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back