Obscure Chinese DAPs
Oct 31, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #7,951 of 8,158
Oh btw one thing to note is, i don't believe the display of the faudio t3 is tempered (not only because mine broke the first time i dropped it (from sub 1 metre mind you) and when it cracked it broke in small chunks at the site of impact. So be very careful while using them. Conversely when I asked hifigo they did talk with faudio and provided me with a display (self repair ftw ) for 15 dollars including shipping. Btw does anyone know if there are any cases available for the t3?

Oct 31, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #7,952 of 8,158
Here are some news form HifiGo support :

My suggestions were as follow :
  • An option to disable the TF card scanning (audio library update) on startup.
  • An option for linear playback of audio files : once a folder has been played, jump to the next folder...
Stay tuned, guys ! A firmware update may very well be on its way... Huzzah !!!
T3 does have a larger list of issues lol. But yeah these 2 are also there.

Nov 8, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #7,953 of 8,158
New one from Phinistec: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CHW3S5MZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A27HBQK9MPIJ06&psc=1

Not sure how it compares to the non-pro one (other than Bluetooth 4.2 vs. Bluetooth 5.0 on the non-pro): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09WVH5YMX/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A27HBQK9MPIJ06&th=1

Or how it compare the Surfans F20/HiFi Walker H2 or the Surfans F28 here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C86RZMX8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_18?smid=ATZZ4YIK6CQSI&psc=1
I was looking for something not tiny and will likely be listening mostly via Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #7,954 of 8,158
Nov 16, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #7,958 of 8,158
I have a Z4, and I can also say that it is an amazingly good DAP, not only for the price but in general. I am looking at the new Z5, but no specs are shown anywhere. Do you perhaps know what the output power of the Z5 is?
Ok, I found a possible answer...someone commented on Aliexpress that it has less output power than Z4—a reason to avoid it. Z4 is more than just good for me; it's excellent!

I have ordered:

DLHiFi tube amp.png

"DLHiFi Portable HIFI ADV Fully Balanced Electronic Tube Class A Earphone Amplifier"

Curious to hear how it performs.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #7,959 of 8,158
Hey guys so after a long back and forth with Hifigo's support, they suspect many of the issues in my Faudio t3 are due to a manufacturing defect.
I would like to ask if yall have faced the same issues too them being
When the player is not turned off but in standby it looses it's battery quickly within a day it goes from near full to like 25% battery left.

Second being when you connect the device to a pc it just crashes when you select usb mass storage mode (this is with a large music collection though when there is little music too it connects and crashes)

Third being atleast with 8.1 firmware version the device also crashes with the dac mode.

And 4th being with the large collection the device even with a firmware update file when you try to update it would just crash immediately. And not successfully finish the update

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #7,960 of 8,158
Hey guys so after a long back and forth with Hifigo's support, they suspect many of the issues in my device are due to a manufacturing defect.
I would like to ask if yall have faced the same/similar issues too, them being
When the player is not turned off but in standby it looses it's battery quickly within a day it goes from near full to like 25% battery left.
2nd being when you connect the device to a pc it just crashes when you select usb mass storage mode (this is with a large music collection though when there is little music too it connects and crashes)

3rd being atleast with 8.1 firmware version the device also crashes with the dac mode.

And 4th being with the large collection the device even with a firmware update file when you try to update it would just crash immediately. And not successfully finish the update

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #7,962 of 8,158
...they suspect many of the issues in my device are due to a manufacturing defect.
So F.Audio does not seem to be a reliable manufacturer yet... Not t3, but I owned, years ago:

one Xs-01 with ticking noise at low-level sound such as in fade-out etc.

two (one more bought by mistake) Xs-03. BOTH defective, loud noise, pops, level drops etc. Both unusable.

one Fa3s that last one year then suddenly died (always care of it)

Something worked! The cheapest S1 that I am still using for jogging, it seems sturdy.
and a Fa3 that is working but I use rarely, my main device is HiBy now (SQ, website, support, easy FW updates... and reliability)

I was quite patient with F.Audio. SQ good on all F.Audio daps. Reliability, a disaster!

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #7,963 of 8,158
Since someone probably bought the F.Audio FA4, I'd like to share my experience so far with others. The sound is amazing and i am very satisfied, the battery life is good too. The only thing is that a month ago it started to freeze during operation, but a long press on the power button solves everything and it comes back to normal. For everything I get when it comes to sound, which is the most important thing to me, I am very satisfied. I do not expect a software update in the near future because I see that there is no support and that they are basically not interested in it. The same story as with many others Chinese manufacturers that when a new model appears for the old one that appeared a year ago, there is no support. Not to mention that the website does not exist and that I can only get the new version of the software through the seller or through Linsoul audio from which I did not even buy a DAP how professional they are.So basicaly you are on your own when it comes to software update.I hope I helped someone writing this.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #7,965 of 8,158
Here are some news form HifiGo support :

My suggestions were as follow :
  • An option to disable the TF card scanning (audio library update) on startup.
  • An option for linear playback of audio files : once a folder has been played, jump to the next folder...
Stay tuned, guys ! A firmware update may very well be on its way... Huzzah !!!
Hey sorry for being a bother would it be possible for you to try the same sd card you use with the fa4 with the t3 and check if you have the issues I described above. As I like am trying to confirm if my unit does actually have some issues. Related to the hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back