Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jun 1, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #7,847 of 8,127
I'm looking for a DAP with a very very good autonomy, no touch screen and for a low Price.
Sound is not the priority.
Any advice ?

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #7,849 of 8,127
New (?) F.Audio T3 on various AliExpress stores. 2.4” touch screen, 3.5 LO/PO + 2.5/4.4 Bal. Dual ES9318C DAC/HPA (a somewhat mysterious chip, not listed on ESS website, but used on things like the Aune BU2). Bi-directional BT up to AptXHD. Xmos USB-C interface. Not clear if it has EQ.

… and the F.Audio question: more features = more bugs, but no fixes ???

1685674522118.png

Edit: forgot the price…. It is listed at $75-100 in AE, a competitive price!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #7,850 of 8,127
New (?) F.Audio T3 on various AliExpress stores. 2.4” touch screen, 3.5 LO/PO + 2.5/4.4 Bal. Dual ES9318C DAC/HPA (a somewhat mysterious chip, not listed on ESS website, but used on things like the Aune BU2). Bi-directional BT up to AptXHD. Xmos USB-C interface. Not clear if it has EQ.

1685674522118.png

Looks interesting. I was planning to pick up FA4 during 618 sale to use as bt receiver. Will compare the specs between the two. I really like F.Audio's new dongle KS01. It was very buggy on release but all issues I had got resolved with firmware update.

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #7,851 of 8,127
Jun 3, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #7,852 of 8,127
Aigo MP3-105, or any of its derivatives. Look for players that share the same internals, they're always floating around on Aliexpress, and Amazon these days. Battery lasts forever. Uhm, like this:

https://www.amazon.fr/MECHEN-Numérique-Fidélité-Portable-dautonomie/dp/B0B4DQ5SFW
That MECHEN dap can be ok if not demanding an hi-end sound, but specs are funny. Ok if it can't play FLAC above 48Khz, but could not accept that it reads AAC in mono instead in stereo...!! 🫨🫨 Read specs carefully before buy those mysterious derivatives 😏

Jun 3, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #7,853 of 8,127

1685674522118.png

Striking design flaw to lack pouse/play button, I'm sure software is unusable too.

Jun 6, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #7,854 of 8,127
After having bought quite a few rare DAPS, F.Audio disappointed me a lot, after having bought several. I agree with our colleague @deltecdpa in his appreciation of them.
I have been lucky enough to have tried other brands such as ACMEE, HiBy, Hidizs, xDuoo, even AGPTek. But now I have the pleasure of owning a rare but exemplary sounding DAP paradigm. Like all quirky DAPs, it has its quirks and odd functions. But when you press Play, Ayyyy dude! things change.
Is the Aune M1p an obscure DAP? It's a simple DAP that sounds great.

Aune M1p.jpg

DAPS 02__resize.jpg

Jun 6, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #7,855 of 8,127
After having bought quite a few rare DAPS, F.Audio disappointed me a lot, after having bought several. I agree with our colleague @deltecdpa in his appreciation of them.
I have been lucky enough to have tried other brands such as ACMEE, HiBy, Hidizs, xDuoo, even AGPTek. But now I have the pleasure of owning a rare but exemplary sounding DAP paradigm. Like all quirky DAPs, it has its quirks and odd functions. But when you press Play, Ayyyy dude! things change.

Aune M1p.jpg

DAPS 02__resize.jpg
Did you get the standard or bluetoith version?

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #7,856 of 8,127
It's primarily meant to be a Chinese domestic model, I think. Pretty sure I read that they'll have M1p's in their national library. No tik tok brain for the young students :)

Jun 7, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #7,857 of 8,127

Aune M1p.jpg

DAPS 02__resize.jpg
nice collection. I love the sound of my Zishan T1.

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #7,859 of 8,127
Anyway, I'm very satisfied with how my F.Audio FA4 sounds and behaves in use. And I think it's worth much more than the price I paid for it, which was 130 euros with a case.And my Soundcore 2 bluetooth speaker sounds great, especially since the EQ can be used, which is not the case with some players when it comes to bluetooth connection with the bluetooth speaker.Later, I may write about my experience with Comply memory foam and Misodiko hybrid eartips, which are made of silicone and memory foam, which may help others in choosing the best solution.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #7,860 of 8,127
What would be the best recommendation for an IEM at a price of around 50-60 euros.With strong bass, detailed analytical sound, good dynamics in Db, wide sound stage, QDC 2-pin connectors, crisp treble,a good stock cable. If there is such a model at all.Thx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back