Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 3, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #7,816 of 8,152
Alright, the Shmci C4 arrived... it is in fact the Zero Monster H-10.

287129962_966987677313688_2187216662746313024_n.jpg 287312536_994518311211852_1291486847978892305_n.jpg

Can't find any info online about this brand or model. But the C4 was supposed to have the same DAC/AMP as the Nintaus x10, so... if this still has those internals... I don't know, but it sounds good man.

Listening now. I loaded it with all my MP3's (lowest production-quality music I keep as MP3 320) and it beats the Sony NW-E394 that my MP3's lived on handily in terms of sound quality. Clear and warm. Nice treble without getting harsh. Great percussion. Strong, sensible bass.
UI mostly works. Category browsing will shuffle tracks out of their album order, but file browsing works fine, and my music library is well-organised, so it's all good.
Got this too. Decided to finally try hooking it up to an external amp using line out. VERY pleasantly surprised. The sound fills right out, while keeping the treble sweetness. Long battery life is nice. If you haven't tried, give it a go ...

Mar 3, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #7,817 of 8,152
Got this too. Decided to finally try hooking it up to an external amp using line out. VERY pleasantly surprised. The sound fills right out, while keeping the treble sweetness. Long battery life is nice. If you haven't tried, give it a go ...
I have indeed

Mar 3, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #7,818 of 8,152
Alright, the Shmci C4 arrived... it is in fact the Zero Monster H-10.

287129962_966987677313688_2187216662746313024_n.jpg 287312536_994518311211852_1291486847978892305_n.jpg

Can't find any info online about this brand or model. But the C4 was supposed to have the same DAC/AMP as the Nintaus x10, so... if this still has those internals... I don't know, but it sounds good man.

Listening now. I loaded it with all my MP3's (lowest production-quality music I keep as MP3 320) and it beats the Sony NW-E394 that my MP3's lived on handily in terms of sound quality. Clear and warm. Nice treble without getting harsh. Great percussion. Strong, sensible bass.
UI mostly works. Category browsing will shuffle tracks out of their album order, but file browsing works fine, and my music library is well-organised, so it's all good.
where did you find that one? My curiosity is piqued!

Mar 3, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #7,820 of 8,152
It's the same thing as an Aigo MP3-105 Plus. There are a few players out there with the same DAC and amp section, same basic UI as well. I got this one because at the time it was cheaper than the Nintaus x10s which, again, has the same components. Just search for players with the WM8965 DAC and the TPA6530 op amp.

There's the Mechen M30 on Amazon at the moment, if you're not willing to roll the Aliexpress dice for a lower price.

Mar 3, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #7,821 of 8,152
It's the same thing as an Aigo MP3-105 Plus. There are a few players out there with the same DAC and amp section, same basic UI as well. I got this one because at the time it was cheaper than the Nintaus x10s which, again, has the same components. Just search for players with the WM8965 DAC and the TPA6530 op amp.

There's the Mechen M30 on Amazon at the moment, if you're not willing to roll the Aliexpress dice for a lower price.
I am seeing the Mechen on my amazon (jp) as well, even deal price around 56$ (with 64GB card!) ... tempting ...
but I still feel that last thing I need is yet another player! While I end up getting music mainly from my phone anyways. I also do not think I can actually here the difference much between different chips ... my ears are kinda old :D
That being said, I notice the UI looking exactly like my Fiio X3ii 's ... and even that player is not getting that much play time these days ... but I also like new toys!
I have been looking at the Benjie X1 over on aliexpress, I have a very soft spot for Benjie .. and it is only 19.07$ with 32GB ... but I know I will barely touch it .. finally played a bit with my Benjie K1 today :D .. my all time fav is / was the Benjie K3, which looks like a mini iPhone 7 :)
I think what I actually want / need is more like a Fiio BTR3 BT dongle ...

But then seeing the cool octagonal cuts of that Shmci C4 reminds me that it is also about looks :D

Mar 3, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #7,822 of 8,152
Looks... are why I wish I could get a Flang P5 :frowning2:

Mar 7, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #7,824 of 8,152
I recently purchased the Phinistec Z6 player that is currently on sale on Amazon for $49 with a 64GB card. It has a few bugs still but the parent company has issued a few upgrades already. Currently, it takes forever (several minutes) to scan the card on each power up (about 40GB of data). Plus the back button does not show the current song playing, I have to go through the play menu to see currently playing. And it still does not sort folders without the use of Fat Sorter or some other program. Hopefully they can fix this, there is 32GB of internal storage to play with. Or maybe it can be Rockboxed in the future. It does sound good and battery life is good.

Mar 7, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #7,825 of 8,152
I recently purchased the Phinistec Z6 player that is currently on sale on Amazon for $49 with a 64GB card. It has a few bugs still but the parent company has issued a few upgrades already. Currently, it takes forever (several minutes) to scan the card on each power up (about 40GB of data). Plus the back button does not show the current song playing, I have to go through the play menu to see currently playing. And it still does not sort folders without the use of Fat Sorter or some other program. Hopefully they can fix this, there is 32GB of internal storage to play with. Or maybe it can be Rockboxed in the future. It does sound good and battery life is good.
Interesting ... for 49$ plus 5% off coupon and they throw in a 64GB card I might be tempted as well ... maybe good they sell it here on amazon JP for 120$, no coupon, no SD card ... with the glitches you outline (scan DB every time? woah!) I would not touch that at this point ... but great find!
Amazon_co_jp__mp3プレイヤー_HIFI_スピーカー搭載_Bluetooth5_0_mp3プレーヤー_音楽プレーヤー_HIFI_スピーカー搭載_超長音楽再生時間_最...jpg

Mar 27, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #7,829 of 8,152
This is my first post.What are your impressions of the F.Audio FA4 as it seems very interesting to buy? Thx
Welcome! I don't have the FA4, but I do have the FA3s which is very good sounding with a little bit of a tubey atmosphere. It has a class A amp and does not get hot. Apparently the FA3 does not do square waves properly, and the firmware is distinctly subpar. F.Audio appears to have lost favor around here, as they are considered to leave previous projects without firmware upgrades, and are claimed to have fake parts in them. I have an XS04 on the way, and can tell you about that when it arrives. Sorry I can't tell you about the FA4, but I didn't want your first post to go unanswered. Personally I am positive on F.Audio, and I was looking at FA4 but I think it has likely lost SPDIF coaxial out, so I went with XS04. Welcome again!

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #7,830 of 8,152
Welcome! I don't have the FA4, but I do have the FA3s which is very good sounding with a little bit of a tubey atmosphere. It has a class A amp and does not get hot. Apparently the FA3 does not do square waves properly, and the firmware is distinctly subpar. F.Audio appears to have lost favor around here, as they are considered to leave previous projects without firmware upgrades, and are claimed to have fake parts in them. I have an XS04 on the way, and can tell you about that when it arrives. Sorry I can't tell you about the FA4, but I didn't want your first post to go unanswered. Personally I am positive on F.Audio, and I was looking at FA4 but I think it has likely lost SPDIF coaxial out, so I went with XS04. Welcome again!
Thanks for the quick reply and the warm welcome to the forum, until I registered I was constantly visiting it because it is the only one that gives information about ChiFi devices, which is very rare to see.
I was planning to buy it in a few days, so it was important to me, and on some Russian forum they spoke pretty positively about the player itself.Thx again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back