Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 29, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #5,701 of 8,143
@Nymphonomaniac i went to watch some russian reviews on the X9, boy they look gorgeous compared to the Ziku X10. I found out the problem with my X3 being the bloated battery. As a precaution i removed the battery for now :/ do u have any experience with any replacement batteries for the X3?

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #5,702 of 8,143
@Nymphonomaniac i went to watch some russian reviews on the X9, boy they look gorgeous compared to the Ziku X10. I found out the problem with my X3 being the bloated battery. As a precaution i removed the battery for now :/ do u have any experience with any replacement batteries for the X3?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xdu...ss-music-player.782912/page-266#post-12929950

The battery in that post has been discontinued, but with a little creative Googling you'll bump into batteries like this one that could work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123074820556

It's important you find a battery with dimensions that fit, and make sure it uses the JST ZH 1.5mm connector.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #5,703 of 8,143
Mar 29, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #5,705 of 8,143
Mar 29, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #5,706 of 8,143

Man....i need to change my battery too! It hold about 2H max....I suggest writing to Xduoo team but im shy as I kinda get piss off with them because of a DAP project we never do....i still love Xduoo, just cannot collaborate for a TOTL dap that will change the world lol And they take a strange direction, like Ibasso....sigh.

X9 still have 2 PLUS compared to X3: way longer battery life and USB-OTG DAC....but no lineout. Sound of X3 is about the same but volume output can go higher so dynamic can feel better in they end. I still adore my x3, so small, so invincible. X9 only dawback is volume control wheel, and volume control in general...as if the step didnt really change volume sometime. I'm thinking about adding this little observation to my review...anyway, im the type to listen quite loud so hum.

ZIKU X9 is an incredible DAP for the price no doubt about this. Wish I can compare it to Zishan Z3....feel it lack this in my review but I cannot buy everything, even with absurd review discount.

Mar 29, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #5,707 of 8,143
Man....i need to change my battery too! It hold about 2H max....I suggest writing to Xduoo team but im shy as I kinda get piss off with them because of a DAP project we never do....i still love Xduoo, just cannot collaborate for a TOTL dap that will change the world lol And they take a strange direction, like Ibasso....sigh.

X9 still have 2 PLUS compared to X3: way longer battery life and USB-OTG DAC....but no lineout. Sound of X3 is about the same but volume output can go higher so dynamic can feel better in they end. I still adore my x3, so small, so invincible. X9 only dawback is volume control wheel, and volume control in general...as if the step didnt really change volume sometime. I'm thinking about adding this little observation to my review...anyway, im the type to listen quite loud so hum.

ZIKU X9 is an incredible DAP for the price no doubt about this. Wish I can compare it to Zishan Z3....feel it lack this in my review but I cannot buy everything, even with absurd review discount.
Haha i thought u might have changed it before xD i'm headed to lunch somewhere near the tech area and there is this mall that sells DIY stuff so i'm gonna try my luck there later. Meanwhile i've placed an order for the X9 which is less than half the price of the X3 after all the coupons (i dont listen to high volume, listening to ard -70db on the RB X3)

I agree that the Xduoo X3 is a great player but to be honest, without the rockbox port (shoutout to XVortex!) the player wont receive as much praise. I thought the X20 is a very nice player? I just hope they release something touchscreen with 2 card slots, a balanced output (USB DAC function is good to have) and i'm sold Edit: And priced competitively xD. BT connectivity would be good for the masses nowadays.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,708 of 8,143
Finally.

Review of ZIKU HD X9 is publish on headfi and MY BLOG

I don't think there anything that sound better in this price range. Just WOW.

Will buy it, open up and make custom backplate cover with replaceable battery! ;P

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #5,709 of 8,143
Haha i thought u might have changed it before xD i'm headed to lunch somewhere near the tech area and there is this mall that sells DIY stuff so i'm gonna try my luck there later. Meanwhile i've placed an order for the X9 which is less than half the price of the X3 after all the coupons (i dont listen to high volume, listening to ard -70db on the RB X3)

I agree that the Xduoo X3 is a great player but to be honest, without the rockbox port (shoutout to XVortex!) the player wont receive as much praise. I thought the X20 is a very nice player? I just hope they release something touchscreen with 2 card slots, a balanced output (USB DAC function is good to have) and i'm sold Edit: And priced competitively xD. BT connectivity would be good for the masses nowadays.

Nice, hope you will like X9 as much as me. I put firmware update link in my review...cause it kind of act strange without it, volume was lower and usb dac was playing extremely low=not normal.

Yeah, i love Xduoo....but something happen with there new line up...kind of messy. D3 is full of bug and interface such....X20: good luck to find a way to change the battery! X3ii sound inferior to old school X3 and have clumsy interface too...

And after my failed collaboration to help creating a tolt DAP with them, guess what was the big controversy: changeable battery!
I mean....even with 5 DAP, it happen that ALL dap have no battery life and that im stock to wait they charge....thats not futuristic!

My dream dap would have dual ES9038PRO dac, top amping section with 3 gain switch, USB DAC, 5.1 bluetooth transmiting and receiving, balanced and unbalanced output, user friendly changeable battery, at least 32g internal memory, compact size like the X20 or DX90, minimalist interface, not more than 6 buttons so we can blind control it, touch screen isn't mandatory but can be usefull is well made (not whole interface is thinked being use with touch screen), precise volume controle....hum, lets work on a prototype now!

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #5,710 of 8,143
Nice, hope you will like X9 as much as me. I put firmware update link in my review...cause it kind of act strange without it, volume was lower and usb dac was playing extremely low=not normal.

Yeah, i love Xduoo....but something happen with there new line up...kind of messy. D3 is full of bug and interface such....X20: good luck to find a way to change the battery! X3ii sound inferior to old school X3 and have clumsy interface too...

And after my failed collaboration to help creating a tolt DAP with them, guess what was the big controversy: changeable battery!
I mean....even with 5 DAP, it happen that ALL dap have no battery life and that im stock to wait they charge....thats not futuristic!

My dream dap would have dual ES9038PRO dac, top amping section with 3 gain switch, USB DAC, 5.1 bluetooth transmiting and receiving, balanced and unbalanced output, user friendly changeable battery, at least 32g internal memory, compact size like the X20 or DX90, minimalist interface, not more than 6 buttons so we can blind control it, touch screen isn't mandatory but can be usefull is well made (not whole interface is thinked being use with touch screen), precise volume controle....hum, lets work on a prototype now!
As much as i like the looks of the X9, what sold me was ur comparison with the X3. I dont listen to any headphones so the lack of power (compared to X3) dont matter to me.

Precise volume control! Omg i cant imagine how important this is!

Anw just an update on the X3. I opened up and found that the battery is 70mm x 35mm x 5mm and from the list here, i did a simple calculation where i get the volume (i dont know if polymer li-ion battery's capacity goes by the volume, but i guess it should) and they are much lesser that the 2000mAh batteries in the list. Its much closer to 1500mAh :/ i'm skeptical if they are really 2000mAh now. Oh i went to the DIY mall and they dont have the size too

Picture of the battery:
IMG_20190330_234439.jpg

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #5,711 of 8,143
I'm looking for an affordable dap to roll op amps with, any recommendations?

The Ziku HD-X10 almost fits the bill but I also need a 10 band equaliser. The 7 band on the X10 wont do.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #5,714 of 8,143
Wow the X9 have been signed by my parents, it took only 6days?! But i can only get my hands on it in 2 days, damn

Edit: Somehow, my gf's internet is down and i need it for work so i am back home. Boy the X9 is freaking powerful after the update. I play it at ****ing lvl 1 volume and its too loud :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Edit2: The navigation takes a little time to get used to, its alot slower when u are coming from the Xduoo X3 and Zishan DSD, and not really intuitive, build is solid, the scroll wheel is a nice touch. Only bad thing abt build is the 3.5mm female connector being plastic (not sure on the longevity)

The good: USB DAC, super powerful, doesnt have noticeable noise, makes the music a little coloured, where IMO there is more impact than the X3 making the sound more full bodied (good way). The sound is good though, much better than the Benjie S5, Sansa Fuze and Zishan Z1. On par with the X3 but i will still give an edge to X3 for it being super buttery smooth (will probably just get the 1600mah battery from my local store instead of the more expensive 2000mah due to shipping). Havent tried the battery life but if it can hit 20hrs, that's freaking insane!

The bad: TOO high volume T.T slow UI T.T slow reading speed

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #5,715 of 8,143
Wow the X9 have been signed by my parents, it took only 6days?! But i can only get my hands on it in 2 days, damn

Edit: Somehow, my gf's internet is down and i need it for work so i am back home. Boy the X9 is freaking powerful after the update. I play it at ****ing lvl 1 volume and its too loud :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Edit2: The navigation takes a little time to get used to, its alot slower when u are coming from the Xduoo X3 and Zishan DSD, and not really intuitive, build is solid, the scroll wheel is a nice touch. Only bad thing abt build is the 3.5mm female connector being plastic (not sure on the longevity)

The good: USB DAC, super powerful, doesnt have noticeable noise, makes the music a little coloured, where IMO there is more impact than the X3 making the sound more full bodied (good way). The sound is good though, much better than the Benjie S5, Sansa Fuze and Zishan Z1. On par with the X3 but i will still give an edge to X3 for it being super buttery smooth (will probably just get the 1600mah battery from my local store instead of the more expensive 2000mah due to shipping). Havent tried the battery life but if it can hit 20hrs, that's freaking insane!

The bad: TOO high volume T.T slow UI T.T slow reading speed

so you recommend X3 over ziku x9?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back