Obscure Chinese DAPs
Apr 10, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #5,732 of 8,127
It looks like there's a 1.15 beta firmware out now (dated March 18, 2019). No English changelog of course, so there's no way to know for sure what it does. Good luck getting any answers from Hidizs about their firmware updates. I'm honestly surprised that 1.15 exists, since 1.12 remained in beta for nearly a year.

Here's the Google Translate result of the Chinese changelog included in the file:
Modify the content:

1. Fix not supporting individual 192k music files
2. Fix the clock in the system settings, but the screen is still showing the problem.
3. Increase the option to select the font size in the system settings.
4. Fix known bugs​

Known bugs seems to cover a ridiculous array of possibilities. It's a great adventure! I can say that they still don't allow the user to disable automatic database updates, and the clock does in fact turn off when it's told to. The font size does change, and the menu options scroll instead of just remaining cut off. So, good things, overall.

thx man.. i donwloaded the 1.15 and will update later.. to me, the sound is great, i cant really differentiate DAP sounds as compared to iems or earbuds, but these sounded really good to me, using it with MusicMaker TK12, volume 35, the vocals crystal clear.. bass, mids and highs really shines.. im glad i bought this so far except the clunky button and not so user friendly UI.. used to own Fiio M3 v1, and i think M3 UI is even more easier to use lol.

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #5,733 of 8,127
i updated to 1.15 a couple days ago and i can report it didn't die on me. i don't recall there being a font size setting so maybe that's new? (skipped 1.12 so i'm not sure)

what's up with every fw being marked as beta?

Apr 10, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #5,734 of 8,127
IMG_20190410_202201.jpg IMG_20190410_202241.jpg

Alright, managed to make it work (with another update)! Now its playing normally at level 20+ and they are brighter than the X3 imo. More energetic too.

Either way i find switching tracks is much faster after the update, and its alot softer xD

The link is here in case anyone needs it (in russian) and the tool for update is in chinese. So u need to install this tool and apply the firmware in the zip folder. If anyone needs translation (chinese) i will be glad to help!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #5,736 of 8,127

Alright, managed to make it work (with another update)! Now its playing normally at level 20+ and they are brighter than the X3 imo. More energetic too.

Either way i find switching tracks is much faster after the update, and its alot softer xD

The link is here in case anyone needs it (in russian) and the tool for update is in chinese. So u need to install this tool and apply the firmware in the zip folder. If anyone needs translation (chinese) i will be glad to help!

My X9 is running on this same version(2018-04-19). I find the signature turned bright as well after the update. Also happy that it brought the volume level down like the original f/w.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #5,737 of 8,127
My X9 is running on this same version(2018-04-19). I find the signature turned bright as well after the update. Also happy that it brought the volume level down like the original f/w.
I didnt tried the X9 much before this update as the volume was unbearable but i find it pretty bright-ish now. Anw do u find changing between tracks to be faster?

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #5,738 of 8,127

Mine is the same version after update T.T

this is also my firmware ootb.

mine just arrived today. loaded a 128gb sd card, took about 10 mins to be scanned. still on stock firmware, great sound for the price. my only gripe would be the accuracy & durability of the scroll wheel, and the 4k file limit. Volume steps is ok for me, listening between 60 to 80 out of 100. Battery life had 2 bars ootb, and it lasted for 2 hours until it went empty. Charging it atm. Still deciding to upgrade the firmware or not.

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #5,739 of 8,127

Is the update really worth it? Mainly using iem & earbuds, think im okay with the sound, the 4k file limit and the slow scrolling is my concern.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #5,743 of 8,127
Is the update really worth it? Mainly using iem & earbuds, think im okay with the sound, the 4k file limit and the slow scrolling is my concern.
I got the stock, flashed the upgrade.hex and the volume became unbearable. Hence i tried to update it again with the later version and its working normally

Cant really advise if its worth it, but for me it definitely is as i got a working player now!

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #5,744 of 8,127
If you are planning to use IEMs mainly with X9, I would advise to stick with the stock f/w.

I got the stock, flashed the upgrade.hex and the volume became unbearable. Hence i tried to update it again with the later version and its working normally

Cant really advise if its worth it, but for me it definitely is as i got a working player now!

Guess i'll stick with the stock firmware for a while. After draining the battery, initial charging time took 4.5 hours on a 5v 1000mAh phone/travel charger. Removed & reinserted also the sd card, rescan again, yet still stuck at 4k file limit. My 128gb card holds a total of 4500+ songs, mostly flac at 44.1khz.

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #5,745 of 8,127
Guess i'll stick with the stock firmware for a while. After draining the battery, initial charging time took 4.5 hours on a 5v 1000mAh phone/travel charger. Removed & reinserted also the sd card, rescan again, yet still stuck at 4k file limit. My 128gb card holds a total of 4500+ songs, mostly flac at 44.1khz.
Idk if it caps at 4k songs but i think if u browse by folder and not music u will still be able to access all files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back