Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 24, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #3,991 of 8,127
Dec 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,993 of 8,127
does anybody know anything about the AGPtek H3? just noticed it on Amazon and something about it looks familiar, but I can't find any mentions of it on Head-Fi DAP discussion.

AGPtek H3
  • $130 / £99 / €115
specs claim:
  • 94 × 56 ×15 mm
  • 256GB microSD support, up to 14999 songs
  • 22-24 hrs playback at medium volume
  • 8-10 hrs playback via bluetooth
  • Hiby Link
  • Texas Instruments PCM5102 DAC
  • scroll wheel and independent volume buttons
product pages at Amazon:

I guess the inevitable questions are going to be: does it support proper gapless playback? are there any UI or playback issues? does it actually sound decent?

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #3,994 of 8,127
Happy Xmas to all. Anybody know what xuelin daps are like? Just seen them on a express and wondering if their any good. Also wondering about that fa1 dap.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #3,996 of 8,127
does anybody know anything about the AGPtek H3? just noticed it on Amazon and something about it looks familiar, but I can't find any mentions of it on Head-Fi DAP discussion.

AGPtek H3
  • $130 / £99 / €115
specs claim:
  • 94 × 56 ×15 mm
  • 256GB microSD support, up to 14999 songs
  • 22-24 hrs playback at medium volume
  • 8-10 hrs playback via bluetooth
  • Hiby Link
  • Texas Instruments PCM5102 DAC
  • scroll wheel and independent volume buttons
product pages at Amazon:

I guess the inevitable questions are going to be: does it support proper gapless playback? are there any UI or playback issues? does it actually sound decent?
Haven't seen that one before but I like it. Bi-directional Bluetooth + Hiby link is nice and what finally looks like a sensible button configuration. Battery life is a little disappointing but I could live with it.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,997 of 8,127
Haven't seen that one before but I like it. Bi-directional Bluetooth + Hiby link is nice and what finally looks like a sensible button configuration. Battery life is a little disappointing but I could live with it.

~15k song limit :frowning2:

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #3,999 of 8,127
... As for the sound, the FA-1 seems to be highly appreciated.

I am still loving the FA1. It is detailed and musical, and also forgiving. I just got the Sony ZX300; it is more detailed but it is also very critical with regards to the source files. For instance, for my hi-res classical vinyl rips, the cracks and pops show up very distinctly. (Not to say that the ZX300 is bad. In fact, the amp section out of the 4.4mm balanced is the magic.) The FA1, on the other hand, allows me to focus on the music. The IR remote comes in very handy too when controlling the player from my sofa.

I bought the FA1 at retail price, and I am not getting any benefits out of promoting this DAP. I just thought that more people should know about this player that has amazing value!

As for the criticisms, I am not sound engineer but I long suspected that the balanced may not be a true balanced output since the SE output is pretty much similarly in power. The lineout function also seems to be not a true lineout, but rather just fixing the volume at 50%. Nevertheless, it has great sound IMHO.

Happy listening!

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #4,000 of 8,127
I am still loving the FA1. It is detailed and musical, and also forgiving. I just got the Sony ZX300; it is more detailed but it is also very critical with regards to the source files. For instance, for my hi-res classical vinyl rips, the cracks and pops show up very distinctly. (Not to say that the ZX300 is bad. In fact, the amp section out of the 4.4mm balanced is the magic.) The FA1, on the other hand, allows me to focus on the music. The IR remote comes in very handy too when controlling the player from my sofa.

I bought the FA1 at retail price, and I am not getting any benefits out of promoting this DAP. I just thought that more people should know about this player that has amazing value!

As for the criticisms, I am not sound engineer but I long suspected that the balanced may not be a true balanced output since the SE output is pretty much similarly in power. The lineout function also seems to be not a true lineout, but rather just fixing the volume at 50%. Nevertheless, it has great sound IMHO.

Happy listening!
The UI is abysmal and IMO does not deserve to be compared with the rather slick UI of the zx300 and not to forget the matt glass :wink:

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #4,002 of 8,127
The UI is abysmal and IMO does not deserve to be compared with the rather slick UI of the zx300 and not to forget the matt glass :wink:

I agree that the UI is really basic and it is not as responsive as the ZX300. At half the price and without the huge R&D department of Sony, I would still say that it is a very respectable attempt by F.Audio. IMHO, the sound quality is good and that is the most important factor for me.

Not to rant, but I think there is no perfect DAP. The ZX300 has its shortcomings too: e.g., its fussy working relationship with my microSD cards and the option of not to charge when connected as a USB DAC not working. But then again, they are all minor stuff as the sound quality is really good out of the 4.4mm balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back