Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 21, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #3,961 of 8,123
Here a quick folow up about my problem with JoyBuy (JingDong).

I ordered a 1More 3 driver IEM there on October 10, 2017 which, at that time, was only US$46,99.
However the tracking coded never came further than : "2017-10-14 00:02:00CN, Item is announced / bpost received the information".
JoyBuy didn't put any effort in it and only said I should wait and if I, eventually, wanted a refund I had to send a siigned and stamped form from my local post office stating they never delivered the package.
In the end I went to PayPal and today I received the message they will refund my money.
I seemed JoyBuy never even replied to PayPal.

So, again, be warned.
JoyBuy sometimes has some very nice offers but this kind of trouble I never had on AliExpress.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #3,962 of 8,123
Hi all,

I will be in Beijing in the middle of January and would like to purchase a budget DAP.

I selected three price ranges and shortlisted below ones as possible candidates:

1) Benjie T6 (up to 70-80 USD range)
2) Hidizs AP60 MKII (around 125 USD range)
3) Shanling M2s (around 200 USD range)

I will be using the dap in two situations:

a) at the office: laptop > dap (dac) > o2 amp > dt880 (250 ohm)

b) mobile: xiaomi mi5 prime phone > dap > kz zs6 OR directly dap > kz zs6

I would be appreciated if you can recommend which one to select.

Also, if you can suggest a store in Beijing which I can negotiate the prices would be great.

Best,

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #3,963 of 8,123
1OJALRq.jpg
ZiecNCI.jpg
Lp9QFHY.jpg

Yee so I got my XDuoo X2 today and honestly unlike most people, I actually love the mirror screen. Too bad the screen came with a few scratches, they should've at least covered the screen with a protector.

The buttons also felt really nice and clicky and was very easy to press down.

A lot of people complained about the UI of the X2, but honestly I like it. Reminds me a lot of the UI on my old Sansa Clip, which I found to be really nice. Very simple and straightforward. Plus navigation and switching through songs was a breeze with absolutely no delay at all.

I also appreciate the small OLED screen that they used, which might be a con for some people, but honestly I'd much rather take this small OLED screen panel than to be stuck with a big and ugly low-res LCD panel that produces washed out colors (eg. ONN X5—I've seen videos of its screen and along with its ugly UI and god is it horrendous).

The one thing I didn't really appreciate—and I know this will offend many people here—is the sound that it outputs. Because many people here have described the sound as "colorful" and saturated", I thought it was going to output a lot of bass and treble just like on an iPhone/iPod.The sound is actually fairly balanced compared to an iPod Touch which makes it ideal for instrumental/classical music and not so much for EDM. There's not a lot of bass unless you choose a bassy EQ preset. And speaking about EQ, I really wish it came with a custom preset, but I guess the existing ones will just have to do.

However, the sound on this is way more detailed than on any phone I've listened to with excellent imaging. I could easily make out almost every distinct layer of sound within a composition, and it revealed many details that could not be heard on a phone. But the sound seems to lack a wide soundstage for some reason.

Despite my criticism on the sound, by no means do I hate this DAP. It is an excellent replacement for my lost Sansa Clip, it is super portable to carry around, and it provides an effortless listening experience that I simply can't get with my phone.
It's a fantastic little DAP. I still have mine but it lives in a dark box now. Glad you like the screen. Let us know if you still love it after trying to use the player in daylight :p

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #3,964 of 8,123
Which cheap (<30 eur) DAP you like best / can suggest for most pleasant classical music play?

Benjie S5
XDuoo X2
Zishan Z1
Colorfly C3
ONN X5

Any other?
For classical and jazz music - Nintaus X10 (second revision) is an excellent option. It's sound can be described as "soft", "analog" (tube). But it is slightly more expensive ($55-65).

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #3,965 of 8,123
Hi all,

I will be in Beijing in the middle of January and would like to purchase a budget DAP.

I selected three price ranges and shortlisted below ones as possible candidates:

Also, if you can suggest a store in Beijing which I can negotiate the prices would be great.

Best,

I really like the M2s but think the Cayin N3 betters it at a slightly better price point. The output stage is better on the N3 and the UI is a bit more responsive.
I had problems with the Hidizs. Either it had hiss with IEMs or the bass rolled off badly below 120Hz or so or both. I'd avoid that one but YMMV.
Best value on your list is probably the T6 in my opinion. The T6 isn't as refined as the N3 or M2s but will do most of the same things at 1/2 the cost so, it is hard to argue against from a value proposition.
I will say if you really want as streamlined a UI as possible the best choices are the M2s or N3 as the T6, even in AGPTEK guise, is known for having a clunky UI and firmware updates to Benjie products are few and far between compared to Shanling or Cayin.

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #3,966 of 8,123
Does anybody know if the Ruizu X50 Sport would be a good replacement for a rockboxed Clip Zip? I need something with a clip, Flac support, mSD slot and folder search.

Felt pretty lost since Sandisk dropped the ball ._.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #3,967 of 8,123

Best,

Shanling has two dealers in Beijing, both with actual shops to stop by, if you are interested I can send you more details in PM.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #3,968 of 8,123
Which is better for classical, jazz music? NiNTAUS X10 or Beinje T6?

How does these two compare to 10 year old (2004 - 2006) Rockboxed Ipod's with Wolfson DAC's: Ipod 4 classic (30GB), ipod nano 2 (2,4,8 GB)?

For classical and jazz music - Nintaus X10 (second revision) is an excellent option. It's sound can be described as "soft", "analog" (tube). But it is slightly more expensive ($55-65).

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #3,969 of 8,123
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #3,970 of 8,123
Dec 22, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,971 of 8,123
That one doesn't have a microSD slot, unfortunately :frowning2:
And I doubt it'll have folder search with the tiny screen.

I think there's a market gap left by the Clip+ and Zip for a premium small player with a clip.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #3,972 of 8,123
1OJALRq.jpg
ZiecNCI.jpg
Lp9QFHY.jpg

Yee so I got my XDuoo X2 today and honestly unlike most people, I actually love the mirror screen. Too bad the screen came with a few scratches, they should've at least covered the screen with a protector.

The buttons also felt really nice and clicky and was very easy to press down.

A lot of people complained about the UI of the X2, but honestly I like it. Reminds me a lot of the UI on my old Sansa Clip, which I found to be really nice. Very simple and straightforward. Plus navigation and switching through songs was a breeze with absolutely no delay at all.

I also appreciate the small OLED screen that they used, which might be a con for some people, but honestly I'd much rather take this small OLED screen panel than to be stuck with a big and ugly low-res LCD panel that produces washed out colors (eg. ONN X5—I've seen videos of its screen and along with its ugly UI and god is it horrendous).

The one thing I didn't really appreciate—and I know this will offend many people here—is the sound that it outputs. Because many people here have described the sound as "colorful" and saturated", I thought it was going to output a lot of bass and treble just like on an iPhone/iPod.The sound is actually fairly balanced compared to an iPod Touch which makes it ideal for instrumental/classical music and not so much for EDM. There's not a lot of bass unless you choose a bassy EQ preset. And speaking about EQ, I really wish it came with a custom preset, but I guess the existing ones will just have to do.

However, the sound on this is way more detailed than on any phone I've listened to with excellent imaging. I could easily make out almost every distinct layer of sound within a composition, and it revealed many details that could not be heard on a phone. But the sound seems to lack a wide soundstage for some reason.

Despite my criticism on the sound, by no means do I hate this DAP. It is an excellent replacement for my lost Sansa Clip, it is super portable to carry around, and it provides an effortless listening experience that I simply can't get with my phone.
they have. overed the screen. the protector just blends with the screen very well, but the scarhes are on it not on the screen itself

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #3,974 of 8,123
What's a decent under £250 dap? Does not need android as I have my phone. I currently use a sony a35 and a fiio x5iii but always enjoy a change. I generally use earbuds such as shozy, blur etc. Fancy treating myself for Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back