Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 19, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #3,452 of 8,158
The Ruizu A50 works ok in folder view or Artist view, has a nice readable font. I have it and Shanling M1. I grab either depending on the music that is on them

Sep 19, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #3,453 of 8,158
The Ruizu A50 works ok in folder view or Artist view, has a nice readable font. I have it and Shanling M1. I grab either depending on the music that is on them
Mostly Mp3@320 and Flac, so I guess the A50 will do just fine for her...thousand times better than any iPod. The price for A50 is great at £ 39.90 on Amazon UK.

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,456 of 8,158
for those who have tried lots of these chinese daps, which one is the best performer in terms of clarity, the most realistic sounding dap with (at least) good amount of details
I recommend you the Cayin N3, it is just £150 in the UK and offers an incredible sound and functionality. Its direct competitor, the Shanling M2s costs just a bit more (£189) but it is not as good as the N3, in every aspect. Of course, you can find better Chinese DAPs but at a much higher price.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #3,457 of 8,158
I recommend you the Cayin N3, it is just £150 in the UK and offers an incredible sound and functionality. Its direct competitor, the Shanling M2s costs just a bit more (£189) but it is not as good as the N3, in every aspect. Of course, you can find better Chinese DAPs but at a much higher price.

Of interest, what is it with the N3 you prefer over the M2S? I have the M2S and think it's a lovely player, but haven't heard the N3 (have the N5 which is fantastic, but totally different functionality)

Sep 20, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3,458 of 8,158
Wow, nice! Might have to finally replace my iPod Nano 6th gen for working out!

Wait, never mind. Only 8GB internal storage and NO sd card. I'd fill that up with a few albums!

Why on earth did they not include a microsd? That player is plenty large enough to accommodate the tiny card socket. Delete the FM stuff and internal flash to offset the cost and space.

Oh well.
I Dont think you will put everything to this mini DAP, 4gb FLAC is so much for someone to listien everyday.
BTW, The clip make it perfect at my belt.

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #3,459 of 8,158
The Hidizs AP200 looks like it will be interesting

AP200.png

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #3,462 of 8,158
Wow, great prices.

So internal memory only (ie no memory card)?

Sure does. Makes me wonder why I'd pay more for memory I'd never use?

AP200a.jpg

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #3,463 of 8,158
These chinese daps would give you headspins there are so many with varying opinions on quality and interfaces. I want to use a dap instead of my htc one m8 as the battery is crap and its so big to lug around with me. If I spend 100 sterling is there a dap which has a way of easily navigating to albums, has no tagging problems and good sound quality. Im thinking of getting the xduoo x3 or the agptek rocker or should I stretch budget a bit more? Im playing flac files.

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3,464 of 8,158
These chinese daps would give you headspins there are so many with varying opinions on quality and interfaces. I want to use a dap instead of my htc one m8 as the battery is crap and its so big to lug around with me. If I spend 100 sterling is there a dap which has a way of easily navigating to albums, has no tagging problems and good sound quality. Im thinking of getting the xduoo x3 or the agptek rocker or should I stretch budget a bit more? Im playing flac files.

If you get the xDuoo x3, you should be prepared to RockBox it. I did the day I received it. I don' t have the Rocker but am interested in trying it just out of curiosity. My favorite at the moment is the Cayin N3. £150

It has everything that I want and need. That is saying a lot as I also have an Opus#1.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #3,465 of 8,158
If you get the xDuoo x3, you should be prepared to RockBox it. I did the day I received it. I don' t have the Rocker but am interested in trying it just out of curiosity. My favorite at the moment is the Cayin N3. £150

It has everything that I want and need. That is saying a lot as I also have an Opus#1.
I agree with the Cayin N3, very good DAP, warm detailed sound. I had the Xduoo X3 but it was bad, i mean the highs were too much, very weak bass and a poor quality display screen. Even after i have RockBox it remained pretty bad and i was using high-end headphones like MSR7 or WS1100 from Audio-Technica. So, Cayin N3 would be a very good choice in my opinion, very good quality sound and build for the money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back