Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 13, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,421 of 8,115
Don't mess the things. It will be for sure, the best dap in SOUND QUALITY among ANDROID based and under 1000usd. It might be that Cowon with 4497 or TOTL A&K will sound better, but... I don't think so....
D200+ Ak4497 edition in SQ will be better without any doubt...

Plus it says it's roughly €440, not bad at all. I wonder, is Taobao the only way to get your hands on one?

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #3,425 of 8,115
@NNewman, how do you find the SQ of your D200+?? Do you have a 4497 or a 4495 edition? I was following the D200/D200+ by this vendor but found no reviews or at least detailed opinions regarding the SQ of D200 series DAPs yet. It is very interesting to learn more about these DAPs. Indeed, the new Android model looks very promising, especially with +/-7V bipolar power supply:)
I have a D200+ with Ak4497. Regarding the sound, I can say that it is great, but my impressions are changing now... I have received a new CIEM 4 days ago... That's the nearly TOTL ones from Custom Arts- Harmony 8 Pro... Not sure now- I will post my small review here in one or two weeks. Cause that changes much in my DAP experience... And my Gustard A20h will come back from upgrade only next week- I need it as a reference DAC/Amp for the review...
Here comes the picture of the new setup:
RshYAXHiCRA.jpg

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #3,427 of 8,115
I have a D200+ with Ak4497. Regarding the sound, I can say that it is great, but my impressions are changing now... I have received a new CIEM 4 days ago... That's the nearly TOTL ones from Custom Arts- Harmony 8 Pro... Not sure now- I will post my small review here in one or two weeks. Cause that changes much in my DAP experience... And my Gustard A20h will come back from upgrade only next week- I need it as a reference DAC/Amp for the review...
Here comes the picture of the new setup:
Great! I believe the A1 is going to be at least on par with the D200+ with AKM 4497 in terms of SQ if not better! Could you please provide any comparisons of your D200+ with other DAPs you heard? That would be very useful:)

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #3,434 of 8,115
Thanks for the link. It appears like, it has both digital and analog volume control. And I cant see any track skipping buttons.
They must be on the side surface, combined with volume up and down buttons or something like that...Actually, it's unclear whether the A1 has trackskipping buttons. Moreover, the A1 description provided on the Ali page appears to be brief and not quite correct...

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #3,435 of 8,115
They must be on the side surface, combined with volume up and down buttons or something like that...Actually, it's unclear whether the A1 has trackskipping buttons. Moreover, the A1 description provided on the Ali page appears to be brief and not quite correct...

Looking at the diagrams showing the buttons and knobs, none of the Chinese description says anything about track skipping buttons. It's prob just touch screen operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back