Obscure Chinese DAPs
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #7,351 of 8,152
iFi iEMatch is Single Ended? Where is it available at a good price? Does it alter the sound?

Intrigued by your words, I opened the MF-01 and tried to install the Burson V5i I have, but it doesn't fit, it touches a screw at the back and doesn't fit. I've tried with another socket, but it's too high and doesn't close. Anyway, I have tried it slightly. My feeling is that it became a bit shiny.
I opted to use the LME49720NA and the LM4562. With the first one I liked it a lot, the sound gains in clarity and it feels more analytical, something I like. With the Muses02, it felt a bit dark and lacking in sparkle. I also tried the LM4562 and it was the one that stayed. Although the LM4562 and the LME49720NA are equivalent or almost the same, I think the LM4562 is a bit smoother, also clearer and analytical, but less harsh.

great
I think I'll try some opamp rolling myself this weekend. I might have the LM4562 definitely have the LME49720NA
Here's the video on that Burson swap

I tried it against the ZIshan DSD, JWD JVM 115, and this new micro FIWWAT H10 WS and surprisingly the little FIWWAT held it's own against the MF01. But of the 4 the MF01 came out on top for sound.

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #7,352 of 8,152
great
I think I'll try some opamp rolling myself this weekend. I might have the LM4562 definitely have the LME49720NA
Here's the video on that Burson swap

I tried it against the ZIshan DSD, JWD JVM 115, and this new micro FIWWAT H10 WS and surprisingly the little FIWWAT held it's own against the MF01. But of the 4 the MF01 came out on top for sound.

Heyyyyyy, this MF-01 is a bit different from mine.
On my unit, the socket for the OpAmp is much closer to the volume controller board and the Burson hits the screw on the board. Now I can see why he could change it and I couldn't.
Let me know if yours is the same as the one in the video.

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #7,353 of 8,152
Despite it being possible to find this one on amazon, it is from China, and fairly obscure right now. Looks a bit like a vintage FiiO X5 clone, but the sound is totally worth the 80 bucks it costs right now :)

Reminds me a bit of my beloved ACMEE MF-01, with the metal body and analog controls. Must ... resist ...
It's identical to an older player from Agptek and HifiWalker.

You're right, @NotKunvinced, it seems so.
http://www.agptek.com/index.php/pro...h-32gb-memory-card-support-up-to-256gb-black/

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #7,354 of 8,152
Heyyyyyy, this MF-01 is a bit different from mine.
On my unit, the socket for the OpAmp is much closer to the volume controller board and the Burson hits the screw on the board. Now I can see why he could change it and I couldn't.
Let me know if yours is the same as the one in the video.
I recall some of the original reviewers were a bit unhappy about the presence of Micro-USB on the MF01, but when mine arrived it was USB C. Nice! I wonder if ACMEE moved things around a little bit when they made that design change. I have two MF01 players (yep!) so you’d think I’d be ready to open one up and take a look inside. Turns out I’m kind of chicken, though ... maybe it’s that glued-on back that makes me wonder if it’d ever be the same again.

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #7,355 of 8,152
I recall some of the original reviewers were a bit unhappy about the presence of Micro-USB on the MF01, but when mine arrived it was USB C. Nice! I wonder if ACMEE moved things around a little bit when they made that design change. I have two MF01 players (yep!) so you’d think I’d be ready to open one up and take a look inside. Turns out I’m kind of chicken, though ... maybe it’s that glued-on back that makes me wonder if it’d ever be the same again.

I have the MF01 with the microUSB so I must have an older version too. But I do have allot of other opamps I got for Zishan and Walnut upgrades to try out like cqtek

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #7,356 of 8,152

I didn't know that the new models had that difference in the USB connector. My version must be one of the first.
As for what happens when you open the lid.... Aluminium is a soft material, it's possible that the side where you pry it open may be dented... And to stick it back on, buy a good double-sided tape and clean the seals with isopropyl alcohol or normal alcohol beforehand. That's what I've done.

I have the MF01 with the microUSB so I must have an older version too. But I do have allot of other opamps I got for Zishan and Walnut upgrades to try out like cqtek
You will comment on your impressions of the OpAmps rolling.
By the way, I am trying to buy new OpAmps and in my country it is very complicated, almost all of them are discontinued, I can only buy the LME49720NA. It seems that from AliExpress there is no security that they are original, where do you buy the OpAmps?

Jan 27, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #7,357 of 8,152
Is there anything out here that beats the dx120 in the below $200 price?

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #7,358 of 8,152
I didn't know that the new models had that difference in the USB connector. My version must be one of the first.
As for what happens when you open the lid.... Aluminium is a soft material, it's possible that the side where you pry it open may be dented... And to stick it back on, buy a good double-sided tape and clean the seals with isopropyl alcohol or normal alcohol beforehand. That's what I've done.

You will comment on your impressions of the OpAmps rolling.
By the way, I am trying to buy new OpAmps and in my country it is very complicated, almost all of them are discontinued, I can only buy the LME49720NA. It seems that from AliExpress there is no security that they are original, where do you buy the OpAmps?

Mouser etc etc some from ebay especially the JRC ones from japan sellers
David B on the Zishan DSD thread has some good sources the folks on the private Walnut/Zishan Facebook group have sources too.
There's some new ones coming out of the Philipines, Singapore, Indonesia. I get my Bursons direct from Burson and I've also got the Sparkos ones which are bigger in size
I've only done Opamp swaps with the Walnut V2S/Zishan Z3/Nuansa players as well as with the Xduoo and Little Bear amps.

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #7,359 of 8,152
From what I read in the IEMatch specs:
For the technically-inclined, High-sensitivity and Ultra-sensitivity reduce gain by -12dB and -24dB respectively.
That means there is a strong reduction in power is that so?
@cqtek I does seem that there must be a reduction in power. My habit is to use the iEMatch when I'm listening to MF01 w/ IEMs, and remove it when I'm listening with the HD6XX.

I confess I'm confused about the relationship between volume and power. I keep telling myself that I must not need more power, since I always listen with the volume well below max and I don't hear obvious evidence of clipping. I do wonder, though, if the music would sound "better" with a stronger amp in the chain. Something like a volume-matched comparison between these configurations:
MF01 --> earphone vs.
MF01 --> iEMatch --> earphone vs.
MF01 --> Asgard --> earphone
I personally don't hear any differences between the first two configurations with IEMs, though. I do wonder if HD6XX would sound better between first and third configurations. Too bad I don't have an Asgard, or something strong enough to make the difference clear if there is one.

I listened to this podcast a few times:
https://darko.audio/2019/12/what-is-the-difference-between-power-and-gain/
It did kind of help me understand power in this context a bit better. Still pondering all this stuff; engineers do tend to get wrapped around the axle a bit with technical issues, right? But in the meantime sweet music is playing in my ears, so I'm happy.

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #7,360 of 8,152

I think my Acme also has Type-C (?)

Acme-MF-01-TTAudio-DSD-PCM-DAP-Flac-Lossless-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Chifi-08.jpg

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #7,361 of 8,152
Current version of the ACMEE MF-01 is USB C, earlier versions were Micro USB

Q-6

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #7,364 of 8,152
You can't see it very well, but mine is the micro USB Type B model.

ACMEE-MF-01-10_resize.jpg

I tried the MF-01's line output connected to a Bluetooth transmitter for testing compared to the HiBy R3 Pro and was surprised that the ACMEE sounded so good. Beyond that I haven't tried it. For power it's enough for everything I have.
If I had known before I would have paired it with the Topping L30, but I had to return it because of static problems...
Now I wanted to buy a Schiit Magni Heresy but there's no stock in Europe... but that's another matter...

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #7,365 of 8,152
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask. If not the best then please direct me to a better thread. I currently have a Shanling M2S. Love it but need a new good player that has a high track limit within the UI. Minimum 35,000. If anyone can point me in the right direction with either original firmware and custom firmware, I’m easy. Thanx in advance for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back