Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 27, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #7,081 of 8,143
This is probably the place to ask!

DAP for my 5 year old. Must have Spotify and be able to download from Spotify for offline play.

What's a solid cheap option?

Cheapest/best so far is the Fiio MY.

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #7,082 of 8,143

DAP for my 5 year old. Must have Spotify and be able to download from Spotify for offline play.

The Android-based Yescool M200 can sideload apps, including Spotify, Tidal, and Soundcloud.

Mar 27, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #7,083 of 8,143

you should buy this

https://bemighty.com/

its made specifically for that purpose

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #7,086 of 8,143
Can anyone recommend what I should be checking out as a newbie who wants to be able to play off Spotify? (So either Bluetooth to my phone or sideloading the app - I haven't bothered keeping an mp3 library in years) ideally under $150. I have a Pixel 2XL so I have to use a dongle for my iems anyway (currently using the one that came with) not sure if the money will be worth it?

I currently only have the KZ ZSN which I'm pretty happy with but I'm hoping to upgrade to something like the moondrop starfield or audiosense t300 or something like that (ie. Under $200) at some point this year (the goal is relatively neutral and quite detailed without losing too much on the high or low end). Possibly sooner I might grab a set of cheap tws, we'll see!

Apr 4, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #7,087 of 8,143
Can anyone recommend what I should be checking out as a newbie who wants to be able to play off Spotify? (So either Bluetooth to my phone or sideloading the app - I haven't bothered keeping an mp3 library in years) ideally under $150. I have a Pixel 2XL so I have to use a dongle for my iems anyway (currently using the one that came with) not sure if the money will be worth it?

I currently only have the KZ ZSN which I'm pretty happy with but I'm hoping to upgrade to something like the moondrop starfield or audiosense t300 or something like that (ie. Under $200) at some point this year (the goal is relatively neutral and quite detailed without losing too much on the high or low end). Possibly sooner I might grab a set of cheap tws, we'll see!

Depends on what you want to do. Either a DAP, bluetooth receiver from your phone or even some TWS / bluetooth earphones.

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #7,088 of 8,143
Depends on what you want to do. Either a DAP, bluetooth receiver from your phone or even some TWS / bluetooth earphones.

Ha I suppose this makes sense.

I did a lot more reading and comparing and reading reviews and after a lot of thought, I've ordered the Hiby W3. Seems like the sound should be an upgrade to the Google usb-c to 3.5mm dongle, and I like the idea of having the option of my phone being detached from my body, while still being able to use streaming services (like many others, Spotify's recommendations hold me captive, though I know that their max quality is not the highest out there. Not sure my setup is quality enough to really even let me hear the difference, so I'm sure it's fine). I'm really looking forward to receiving it!!

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #7,089 of 8,143
Hi all, I'm looking for a DAP for under $70, I'm looking at Fiio M3K and JWD JWM 115, both have decent reviews here but JWM 115 have more functions and large touch screen, don't know about the sound quality. there's only single review of 115 here and only single video on youtube which is in some other language. a little help here would be great.
I'm also gonna buy KZ ZSX next month. I listen my music on my laptop with realtek audio which sound good but can't move all around.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #7,090 of 8,143

I really like the JWD JWM 115, I wrote the review and I think its sound is very good, at 100$ DAPS. On the contrary it has the battery life, no line output and the power is not very high, but more than enough for IEMS and Earbuds.
But I can't compare it with the Fiio M3K, because I don't have it, nor have I been able to test it.
I can only venture to say that the Fiio M3K uses a DAC AK4376A. The DAP that has a similar DAC that I own is the Tempotec Variations V1-A, which uses the DAC/AMP AKM4377ECB.
Both the JWD JWM 115, and the Tempotec V1-A, are good DAPS, but I'm leaning towards the clarity and bigger scene, that the JWM 115 offers.
That's the best I can do for you.

Apr 14, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #7,091 of 8,143
Can anyone recommend a replacement for Sansa Clip with bluetooth? By replacement I mean similar in size/weight and price.

I wanted to get SanDisk Clip Sport Plus initially but after reading quite a few disappointing reviews and also due to the fact that the sound quality is not there any more apparently I am not sure now. Have been eyeing some of the clip style Chinese players on Amazon (AGPTEK B07S and A26 or similar models from RUIZU etc) but there is virtually no information about them at all (apart from some odd unboxing videos) product descriptions and specs seem to be copied over for all the MP3 players and the reviews are pretty much 50/50 so not very helpful.

Many thanks.

Apr 15, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #7,093 of 8,143
Can anyone recommend a replacement for Sansa Clip with bluetooth? By replacement I mean similar in size/weight and price.

I wanted to get SanDisk Clip Sport Plus initially but after reading quite a few disappointing reviews and also due to the fact that the sound quality is not there any more apparently I am not sure now. Have been eyeing some of the clip style Chinese players on Amazon (AGPTEK B07S and A26 or similar models from RUIZU etc) but there is virtually no information about them at all (apart from some odd unboxing videos) product descriptions and specs seem to be copied over for all the MP3 players and the reviews are pretty much 50/50 so not very helpful.

Many thanks.
Save a bit more (you don't say budget) and get the shanling mo?

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #7,094 of 8,143
Save a bit more (you don't say budget) and get the shanling mo?
Thanks.
I did mention though that I would like to get a replacement similar in price. Which means roughy up to $40 / £30. Yes, that's an obvious recommendation if the budget is a bit bigger. I thought about Sahnling M0 or Fiio M5 initially, leaning towards M5 - I prefer buttons on M5 and the fact the clip is included but more power on M0 is definitely a plus. I concluded that they are not robust enough to be abused during sport activities. Even though my Sansa was plastic it took abuse quite well and I didn't mind it too much when my first Sansa was drove over by a 12-wheeler after I accidentally dropped it on the road. Plus I usually don't use very high quality phones when exercising so the Sansa sound quality was good enough for me (not with the stock earphones of course).

I am thinking about giving this AGPTEK A26TB a go: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NP6997C Apparently the bluetooth has been upgraded on this one to 4.0 (vs vanilla A26), has good battery life and supports folder view. The rest is a mystery of course. It's £19 at the moment and because it's from Amazon I will have no problems replacing it in case something goes wrong. Also, I should be able to return it if the user interface is non usable or there are some other issues.

Any other recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back