Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 15, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #7,051 of 8,143
Thanks for the input. Yeah I had some DAPs/dongle DAC/AMPs that had clicking between tracks. Pretty annoying and a potential dealbreaker for me. If you pause the music between changing tracks, does the clicking go away?
Click beetwen tracks is always audible. For me isn't as much annoying, it isn't too loud.
Very loud is this shooting when battery ends.. Definitely dealbraker if someone want dap for sleeping with music.

Mar 15, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #7,052 of 8,143
Put it to vibrate mode I think solves that. What do you think of the M200?
Hmmmm. Can’t find vibrate :wink:
24C74E88-A7D5-4BDD-9747-A97847600BEC.jpeg
I am not an android user, but also not totally ignorant. I know those 3 buttons at the bottom. And swiping from top to get a subset of options. But overall I am having trouble with the UI. The music player app only shows me music by songs. Which is rather useless. So, alternative is using the file explorer, which kinda works ok, but as soon as I get out of it the music stops.
currently rewatching your video and I guess I have to learn (again) how to sideload apk s and find this musicolet app :wink:
Still not enough time to fully play around with it.

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #7,053 of 8,143
Hmmmm. Can’t find vibrate :wink:

I am not an android user, but also not totally ignorant. I know those 3 buttons at the bottom. And swiping from top to get a subset of options. But overall I am having trouble with the UI. The music player app only shows me music by songs. Which is rather useless. So, alternative is using the file explorer, which kinda works ok, but as soon as I get out of it the music stops.
currently rewatching your video and I guess I have to learn (again) how to sideload apk s and find this musicolet app :wink:
Still not enough time to fully play around with it.

The UI of the in built music player is crap so I tried musicolet and works fine but obviously that app is designed for a bigger screen but I can make do with it okay. I normally use the Foobar app but it would not let me search for music on the SD card so I found that musicolet app as a second choice.

Vibrate mode can be found when you are on the main menu off the M200, just hold the power button in and then click the second icon for vibrate only.

I put the sideloaded apps that I copied from a computer or SD card into the "download" folder of the M200 and used the in built file explorer to find and install the apk.

Just google search for the app and then the apk.

Do you also have the bug where the screen goes narrow after you change it to English then reboot?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #7,054 of 8,143
The UI of the in built music player is crap so I tried musicolet and works fine but obviously that app is designed for a bigger screen but I can make do with it okay. I normally use the Foobar app but it would not let me search for music on the SD card so I found that musicolet app as a second choice.

Vibrate mode can be found when you are on the main menu off the M200, just hold the power button in and then click the second icon for vibrate only.

I put the sideloaded apps that I copied from a computer or SD card into the "download" folder of the M200 and used the in built file explorer to find and install the apk.

Just google search for the app and then the apk.

Do you also have the bug where the screen goes narrow after you change it to English then reboot?
Oh, THERE it is :wink: I noticed that icon on your screen and was wondering what that was.
And yes, I have the same bug as you describe and I still can’t put my finger on it when / if it will happen, but I find myself switching between the languages I know (switching back to Chinese is not always fixing it, and that one I can’t even read).
and where does one find reliable.aks? Might just google.
so far the TempoTec has been more fun / easier to use... but I do like me a challenge

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #7,055 of 8,143
Oh, THERE it is :wink: I noticed that icon on your screen and was wondering what that was.
And yes, I have the same bug as you describe and I still can’t put my finger on it when / if it will happen, but I find myself switching between the languages I know (switching back to Chinese is not always fixing it, and that one I can’t even read).
and where does one find reliable.aks? Might just google.
so far the TempoTec has been more fun / easier to use... but I do like me a challenge

I can always predict when it will happen. It happens when you change it to and English language then either reboot or power on/off the device.

Which Tempotec do you have? I still mainly use either my Fiio M5 or Shanling M0 as they sound better than this M200.....

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #7,056 of 8,143
I can always predict when it will happen. It happens when you change it to and English language then either reboot or power on/off the device.

Which Tempotec do you have? I still mainly use either my Fiio M5 or Shanling M0 as they sound better than this M200.....
I got the TempoTec V1A ... though the V1 would have been enough, as I was looking for a main BT player... but I still wanted the analog option.
have not gotten to the point yet that I did sound comparisons. Ease of use seems to be my main treasure hunt these days. In that regard big phone screen is hard to beat :wink:
Recently rediscovered tgat my Shanling M1 actually has AptX, so I am playing around with that one, too.
one of the things of the m200 that got me curious was wifi and app side loading. Want to see if Mixcloud works, but might have the same account sign in issue as YouTube...

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #7,057 of 8,143
Good afternoon all, I've been seriously considering purchasing either a DAP or portable DAC such as a Dragonfly Cobalt. I'm currently using an iPhone and am interested in the prospect of improving source performance. My preference is to stay around $300 but since I don't plan to become fanatical, if I need to go as high as $500 I will. I'd really appreciate some insight and opinions.

Mar 15, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #7,058 of 8,143
Good afternoon all, I've been seriously considering purchasing either a DAP or portable DAC such as a Dragonfly Cobalt. I'm currently using an iPhone and am interested in the prospect of improving source performance. My preference is to stay around $300 but since I don't plan to become fanatical, if I need to go as high as $500 I will. I'd really appreciate some insight and opinions.
Dragonfly don't have the best built,it's good for a laptop but you swinging the Dragonfly will mostly damage it, get something that can stack nicely to your phone.
There the Ifi Audio Hip Dac if you have the smaller iphone but it does have a 4.4mm balanced you need to buy a extra cable to get the best out of it
Stay away from Chinese DAP even big brand like Fiio can be a pain in the butt to work with

Mar 17, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #7,059 of 8,143
I don't know if people begin to discover the great 45$ DAC-AMP call Tempotec Sonata HD PRO....but i'm very enthusiastic about its no brainer value. way better than any dongle and measurement of audioscience are factually mindblowing.

You can give a look to my review on headfi or HERE.

Can't recommend it enough. Clear, smooth, flat and transparent sound in ultra-portable format with volume control buttons. And perfect Tempotec V1(A) buddy too hehe

Mar 17, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #7,060 of 8,143
Mar 17, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #7,061 of 8,143
I am new to the hobby and still using an iPhone 7 (w/3.5m adapter). Have been looking for a way to eliminate the use of the internal DAC and considering DAPs, yet I mostly stream. Based on your recommendation, this appears to be a very low cost alternative that may provide the enhanced performance I seek. Thank you for the recommendation, I will purchase today and see if it will improve upon what I am currently using.

Mar 17, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #7,062 of 8,143
I don't know if people begin to discover the great 45$ DAC-AMP call Tempotec Sonata HD PRO....but i'm very enthusiastic about its no brainer value. way better than any dongle and measurement of audioscience are factually mindblowing.

You can give a look to my review on headfi or HERE.

Can't recommend it enough. Clear, smooth, flat and transparent sound in ultra-portable format with volume control buttons. And perfect Tempotec V1(A) buddy too hehe

Is there clicking in between music tracks? There was a clicking issue with the predecessor the HD sonata (non pro), so wonder if it has been fixed?

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #7,063 of 8,143
Is there clicking in between music tracks? There was a clicking issue with the predecessor the HD sonata (non pro), so wonder if it has been fixed?
nope...never encounter any clicking and I use it with anything including laptop, 2 phone, V1A...their no distortion at high volume nor clipping or sound cutting either

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #7,064 of 8,143
In fact, lately im back into portable dac-amp obsession....FIIO BTR5 is excellent too but the price boost is not, perhaps its better waiting so it go 120$ again. Sound very different than HD PRO, though flat too, its thicker and more energic. biggest different is 2.5 balanced output which is very powerfull to the point it can drivemy SUNDARA nicely.
I do have HD Sonata too, not a big fan, impedance lookto be problematic forr sensible iem and sound isnt the clearest one, good power output and sure an upgrade over crappy phone but for 10-20$ more you can have way better dac-amp IMO
I eceive today the new EARSTUDIO HUD100, very refined and plain neutral sound, not sure about the price, if its 100$ its good value if its 160$ it do not worth it even if its smalles and more powerfull single output mini dac-amp.

Just saying.

I have the Tempotec Sonata IDSD plus too....it have dual ES9018 dac and sound like an Xduoo X20 with more energic dynamic. reference sound for 100$ish is excellent value. balanced output isnt the must powerfull tough, but single ended have good juice so yep a PLUS.

Mar 20, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #7,065 of 8,143
Acmee MF-01 - I've downloaded the firmware update, but can't figure out how to implement it.

1. Should it be unzipped or kept in zipped format?
  2. Does it need to be in a special folder on microSD when updating firmware?
  3. How do you initiate the update - by powering on and off, by selecting an option in the setting menu?

Also, mine doe not have a microUSB slot, but USB-C. No matter what USB-C cable I used, I was not able to connect MF-01 to PC and have it recognized.
I was able to put my 128GB micro SD card (formatted as FAT32) into the provided adapter, and plug that into laptop to transfer music that way, so not a big deal.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back