Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 20, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #7,066 of 8,144
Paired with my recently acquired ivory Sennhesier Momentum HD1 (wireless HPs). A portable match made in Heaven (China & Germany to be exact). 056EDB16-F206-46EA-A704-26E660F84B19.jpegBABB311D-4561-4449-BA6F-866E0FC16A19.jpegA10C02EE-0166-4E6D-8F66-350389FEE1B9.jpeg

Mar 22, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #7,067 of 8,144
Acmee MF-01 - I've downloaded the firmware update, but can't figure out how to implement it.

1. Should it be unzipped or kept in zipped format?
  2. Does it need to be in a special folder on microSD when updating firmware?
  3. How do you initiate the update - by powering on and off, by selecting an option in the setting menu?

Also, mine doe not have a microUSB slot, but USB-C. No matter what USB-C cable I used, I was not able to connect MF-01 to PC and have it recognized.
I was able to put my 128GB micro SD card (formatted as FAT32) into the provided adapter, and plug that into laptop to transfer music that way, so not a big deal.

Thanks!

I unzipped the file and copied it to the microSD card, power on the MF-01, in Setting select Update App, select Yes MF-01 will power down, press the middle button and the MF-01 should update. That's what I did, now in Settings Info Ver is MF-01 is at V2.1.5.G.

I couldn't find an official source, however rather guessed that would be how the MF-01 updates, as there are few other options and I've seen hardware updated in a similar manner in the past by placing the bin file in the root of the microSD/storage.

Q-6

Mar 24, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #7,069 of 8,144
I unzipped the file and copied it to the microSD card, power on the MF-01, in Setting select Update App, select Yes MF-01 will power down, press the middle button and the MF-01 should update. That's what I did, now in Settings Info Ver is MF-01 is at V2.1.5.G.

This process is the right one. If it does not restart or gives an error, I recommend doing the process while charging the battery.

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #7,070 of 8,144
I don't know if people begin to discover the great 45$ DAC-AMP call Tempotec Sonata HD PRO....but i'm very enthusiastic about its no brainer value. way better than any dongle and measurement of audioscience are factually mindblowing.

You can give a look to my review on headfi or HERE.

Can't recommend it enough. Clear, smooth, flat and transparent sound in ultra-portable format with volume control buttons. And perfect Tempotec V1(A) buddy too hehe

Are the voltage measurements you specify on your website your own? That's a coincidence, because they're the same as mine. I have taken them with the specified resistances, applying pure 60Hz or 100Hz tones and measuring with my multimeter in alternating current (RMS).
I clarify that these are not official measurements. I'm saying this so you won't take them as a reference.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #7,071 of 8,144
Are the voltage measurements you specify on your website your own? That's a coincidence, because they're the same as mine. I have taken them with the specified resistances, applying pure 60Hz or 100Hz tones and measuring with my multimeter in alternating current (RMS).
I clarify that these are not official measurements. I'm saying this so you won't take them as a reference.
no its yours....in fact i try to erase it but wordpress do not want too but on headfi i can erase it...im very impatient with this kinda of stuffs but i can erase it or specify where it came from...as well, audioscience measurement are different...at about 60mW as stated in official specs. Meizu hifi PRO is suppose to be more powerfull because it use an independant amping section...

i wish HD PRO did not convert power output to iem or headphones impedance...cause well, it do not take sensitivity in account so something like Final Audio E5000 will not be drive properly. the 3.5mm male to female trick is a nice one and BIG THUMBS UP to you for that bro!!!

Mar 24, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #7,072 of 8,144
no its yours....in fact i try to erase it but wordpress do not want too but on headfi i can erase it...im very impatient with this kinda of stuffs but i can erase it or specify where it came from...as well, audioscience measurement are different...at about 60mW as stated in official specs. Meizu hifi PRO is suppose to be more powerfull because it use an independant amping section...

i wish HD PRO did not convert power output to iem or headphones impedance...cause well, it do not take sensitivity in account so something like Final Audio E5000 will not be drive properly. the 3.5mm male to female trick is a nice one and BIG THUMBS UP to you for that bro!!!

Well, I'm not that fussy about this sort of thing, I'm just trying to comment that the measures are unofficial.
On the other hand, ASR surely has more accurate tools than I do, so 63W at 33 Ohms may be correct, without using the maximum impedance trick. It is quite likely that at that impedance, the voltage is about 1.4V, hence the result is about that 63mW.

The autogain circuit, on the other hand, is something I don't like. As you say, it does not take into account the sensitivity of the headphones and it is possible that the current demand is higher in some cases.
Also, it prevents me from measuring the output impedance correctly, with my simple methods. :sweat:
What is clear is that Tempotec makes very good devices for their price. I also tested the Tempotec Sonata iDSD Plus and was very surprised by its sound at the price they sell it (Hidizs also remarked this DAC/AMP). I agree with you on this too.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #7,073 of 8,144
Hi all,
I'm a long distance runner and I'm looking for some suggestions on a light, small and resistant DAP, with some good bluetooth performance, mostly in terms of range (player in my pocket should have minimum drop-offs with headphones while running) and SW managing the Bluetooth streaming.

Price: max 40$
Form factor: small and light (e.g. Benjie S5) with robust case.
Battery duration: ideally more than 10 hours
SW: Must manage play between folders (once a folder is over, move automatically to next one)
Stable BT connection
Nice to have: physical buttons for +/- volume and to skip songs
Not important: screen quality and size

I have the following players and each has it is own pro and cons:
Shanling M0: great form factor and BT software, but too expensive (and fragile) to be constantly exposed to sweat, rain and bouncing around for 4-5 hours.
Tempotec V1-A: ok form factor, amazing BT software, but same concerns as M0 on price and durability under tough conditions
F.Audio S1: great sound quality and battery, but a bit too big and with sharp edges. Poor BT performances
Benjie S5: this would be the best choice (light, durable, not expensive, super resistant case), but BT performance is bad and does not support "play next folder"
Benjie T6: a step up vs S5 UI and BT, but 2 steps down in term of form factor (it usually dies after 1 hour under rain and I already got a hole in my running shorts due to sharp edges).

I was looking at the Ruizu D20 and Benjie X5, but I am a bit worried about their big screen. Same for Benjie X10/Yescool X200 (likely good BT performance, but too big and fragile).
Maybe Benjie K11 or K8 (but I'm afraid about BT bad perfomace, similar to S5)?
Or something with a clip, like Benjie X1 (looks nice, but still no idea about sound quality, BT performance and ability to play across folders)?
There are also few players from Chenfec (C11 / C29), but I do not know this brand I'm not sure about BT performance and UI.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #7,074 of 8,144
This happened to my Acmee MF01 after the C update. I emailed Acmee about it (they’ve been on holiday) and they sent me a .bin key. Basically, you put that in the root directory and the player goes back to normal. Email them and get the key. I don’t know if it’s a security thing or registration thing. But, don’t fret...

Hi
I have recently brought acmee-01 and out of the box wheel is not working. While operating with buttons I accidentally enabled boot-lock and after swtching off, it's not switching on. Showing lock symbol. As the only way to unlock is through wheel and wheel is not working my player is not unlocking. I'm in contact with the seller and they are talking about component (wheel I guess) replacement. Until component arrives I can't use the player.

I thought. May be this bin key thing might unlock my acmee. So that I can use. May I know on which mail address you have contacted the manufavturer/seller ect details would be helpful. May be they have a solution for my problem. My seller doesn't know much about the acmee.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #7,075 of 8,144
This happened to my Acmee MF01 after the C update. I emailed Acmee about it (they’ve been on holiday) and they sent me a .bin key. Basically, you put that in the root directory and the player goes back to normal. Email them and get the key. I don’t know if it’s a security thing or registration thing. But, don’t fret...

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #7,076 of 8,144

Hi

May I know their mail address? I have received acmee with a faulty wheel and I have accidentally boot locked my player. Now I'm unable to unlock the player. May this bin key thing might uock my player.

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #7,077 of 8,144
Hi
I have recently brought acmee-01 and out of the box wheel is not working. While operating with buttons I accidentally enabled boot-lock and after swtching off, it's not switching on. Showing lock symbol. As the only way to unlock is through wheel and wheel is not working my player is not unlocking. I'm in contact with the seller and they are talking about component (wheel I guess) replacement. Until component arrives I can't use the player.

I thought. May be this bin key thing might unlock my acmee. So that I can use. May I know on which mail address you have contacted the manufavturer/seller ect details would be helpful. May be they have a solution for my problem. My seller doesn't know much about the acmee.

Thanks in advance.

Try to press and hold down the wheel for 10 seconds, if that doesn't work try press and hold centre button and wheel at the same time for 10 seconds. MF-01 has two locks one is the Boot Lock in the settings the other is activated by just long pressing down the selection wheel, similar to the hold switch on the Sony players.

Q-6

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #7,078 of 8,144
Maybe Benjie K11 or K8 (but I'm afraid about BT bad perfomace, similar to S5)?
I would avoid the K8 if you want to use it purely for Bluetooth. It takes some time to connect to other BT devices and you cannot browse through folders - the device will take some time for all your music to be arranged into one huge list which will be a huge pain to navigate through if you have a lot of music.

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #7,079 of 8,144
Try to press and hold down the wheel for 10 seconds, if that doesn't work try press and hold centre button and wheel at the same time for 10 seconds. MF-01 has two locks one is the Boot Lock in the settings the other is activated by just long pressing down the selection wheel, similar to the hold switch on the Sony players.

Q-6

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I have tried all those things. As the wheel is not working pressing wheel wouldn't help. Tried with middle button but no result. Just want to see if that bin key thing might unlock my player.

Mar 27, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #7,080 of 8,144
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I have tried all those things. As the wheel is not working pressing wheel wouldn't help. Tried with middle button but no result. Just want to see if that bin key thing might unlock my player.

Sorry I don't know if the bin key file would unlock the player. You can download latest and old firmware for the MF-01 from the site below:

http://www.acmee.cn/index.php?s=index/category/index&id=186

As for the key file think you will need to email Acmee directly, try 609325567@qq.com however I have no experience of mailing Acmee

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back