Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 13, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #7,112 of 8,123
I unzipped the file and copied it to the microSD card, power on the MF-01, in Setting select Update App, select Yes MF-01 will power down, press the middle button and the MF-01 should update. That's what I did, now in Settings Info Ver is MF-01 is at V2.1.5.G.

I couldn't find an official source, however rather guessed that would be how the MF-01 updates, as there are few other options and I've seen hardware updated in a similar manner in the past by placing the bin file in the root of the microSD/storage.

Q-6

Not searched, equally Acmee just dropped new firmware for the MF-01

Version: V2.1.5.H
Modify the description:
1.Fixed the battery display bug when shutting down and charging
2. Increase the setting of card reading speed for better compatibility with TF card

Q-6

May 28, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #7,115 of 8,123
YinLvMei м400 versus Dethonray DTR-1 - anybody to compared?

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #7,116 of 8,123
ok,so i opened a dispute for refound becouse zishan z3 NEVER arived at my doorstep.my descision is to order now instead a higher level dap!

the batle of the titans is as this goes:either jwm jwd 115 or fiio m3 pro.

jwm jwd 115 with the mysterious dac that people say has amazing sound and soundstage and people also say in reviews that despite the low power it can even drive 300 ohm shen hd 600s...vs the fiio with ess sabre es9218p with 75mw power,but is manufacturer recomended 100 ohm maxim,wich concerns me becouse i will also sometime get the sehns hd58x wich are 150 ohm and i am concerned,unles i setle with grados sr80 or philips hph9500/fidelio2 or something, hopefully more easily drivable...

now question apout the fiio sabre dac:is it realy highly apreciated?is it a lets say a clasic standard like the cs4398 in my ziku wich sounds amazing?we should try and compare these daps at least intuitively....wich is the better of the two?

next question:will fiio release firmware update with custom eq??at least jwd has it.very important for me...at the other hand the fio is also a usb dac!so hard to decide!! last,most important question :do you think that the fiiio wil apear in amzon uk anytime soon?i live in europe and the customs are literaly stealing money for tax and their service for packets outside the eu,its 15 euros plus 35 percent tax!!!

i think i am leaning towards the fiio,if someone confirms to me that es9218p is a true,-serious high level apreciated dac, at least compared with cirus logic cs4398.
thank you head fiers for always reading and responding to my coments,please guide me give me advice,THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advance!!

Jun 1, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #7,117 of 8,123
I actually did a lot of reading on the Fiio M3 Pro and almost pulled the trigger. But I realized maybe for a little bit more, the Shanling Q1 also has the ESS SABRE ES9218P DAC and comparing the 2 head to head, the Q1 may be slightly better:

for Shanling Q1:
- better battery life (21 hours vs 15 hours)
- 2 way bluetooth
- can power higher impedance stuff (up to 300 ohms apparently, compared to Fiio M3 Pro at max 100 ohms)
- slightly lower noise floor

for Fiio M3 Pro:
- Fiio M3 Pro crosstalk specs slightly better at 78db vs 76db of Q1
- Fiio M3 Pro has some lame calculator and ebook and recorder thing instead of bluetooth, which I doubt many will use (especially the calculator)
- Fiio M3 Pro is lighter and slimmer (but taller)

I just wished both had used the upgraded ES 9219 DAC, but oh wells. I don't really use BT that much, but I'll wait for the next Aliexpress sale in 2 weeks time to see which gives a better deal before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #7,118 of 8,123
I HATE the way shanling q1 look like,lika a big sandisk clip with a touchscreen.i am definetly not buying this thing.as far as the output power goes,dont they both have 75 mw integrated in the sabre dac?why wholdnt they both be able to drive 150 or 300 ohms?that is strange,and why the lower powered jwd can drive 300 ohms as i read in a review?many mysterys...anyways i propably will not need much power anyways becouse i will propably use it with m40x,philips 9500/fidelio 2 or grado sr80,i dont thing i wil find the money do buy 150 ohm hd58x jubily...
oh and i dont careat al about bluetooth i like it cable stile...hahahaha
oh tell me your opinion about the sabre dac if you hhave experience

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #7,119 of 8,123
I HATE the way shanling q1 look like,lika a big sandisk clip with a touchscreen.i am definetly not buying this thing.as far as the output power goes,dont they both have 75 mw integrated in the sabre dac?why wholdnt they both be able to drive 150 or 300 ohms?that is strange,and why the lower powered jwd can drive 300 ohms as i read in a review?many mysterys...

Haha I learnt in this hobby that sound quality trumps looks any day. I would rather have a good sounding IEM/DAP than a nice looking but inferior one. But of course YMMV!

I guess if u need bluetooth (two way function to boot), the Shanling Q1 is the way to go though.

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #7,121 of 8,123
read my edited previous message

I don't have the fiio m3 pro but based on specs itself i think it will beat your ziku, though maybe ziku has better battery life. Maybe wait for the rest who have tried both to give their input!

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #7,122 of 8,123
I don't have the fiio m3 pro but based on specs itself i think it will beat your ziku, though maybe ziku has better battery life. Maybe wait for the rest who have tried both to give their input!
thanks for the conversation!...:despite any comparison with ziku i am trying to understand if this sabre model is considered a GOOD audiophile dac in general

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #7,123 of 8,123
thanks for the conversation!...:despite any comparison with ziku i am trying to understand if this sabre model is considered a GOOD audiophile dac in general
a brilliant DAC chip means nothing without a good amp section! sorry for barging in on the conversation.

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #7,124 of 8,123
a brilliant DAC chip means nothing without a good amp section! sorry for barging in on the conversation.
of course man but i read somewhere that the SABRE ES9218P has an 75mw ess amp integrated with it so we are talking about sound converting and amplification at the same time when we talk SABRE ES9218P! you have to take that into acount hahahaha....so the fiio just has SABRE ES9218P and no other amplifier chip

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #7,125 of 8,123
of course man but i read somewhere that the SABRE ES9218P has an 75mw ess amp integrated with it so we are talking about sound converting and amplification at the same time when we talk SABRE ES9218P! you have to take that into acount hahahaha....so the fiio just has SABRE ES9218P and no other amplifier chip
I was making a general statement and i think you have answered yourself in the process :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back