Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 18, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #6,886 of 8,142
I think the X10 has worse subbass roll off than the X9, but the X9's subbass roll off is still quite audible to my ears (I'm a basshead so I pay quite close attention to bass frequencies). I don't have any objective rigs to measure though, this is just my subjective opinion, but do share the FRs if u have them, I'd be interested to see those.

do you own both X10 and X9?
is there difference in the UI speed? because X9 is pretty slow.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #6,887 of 8,142
do you own both X10 and X9?
is there difference in the UI speed? because X9 is pretty slow.

I don't own the X10, gave it a miss after some headfiers and reviewers said it had marked subbass roll off and lesser battery life than X9.
I try not to use the volume knob to scroll, but use the left and right buttons instead, but yeah the UI of X9 is still pretty slow.

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #6,888 of 8,142
Yeah well i guess there are some differences between flac and flac... Im on the latest FW and i simply just cant play some albums. I even tried converting flac to flac to see if there was any difference. The only thing i can do is to convert the problematic albums to mp3 as far as i know.

And yeah, some characters messes up the system. For example the Swedish characters ÅÄÖ makes the whole song turn out to japanese :beerchug:

[Edit] So i just bought an album in flac from HDTracks that would not play. I converted it to flac again and it now plays... This trick does not work for all problematic albums for me, some i have to convert to mp3... This was the album: https://www.hdtracks.com/jazz-loves-disney-2-a-kind-of-magic [/Edit]

When in doubt I convert everything to WAV and use small cards 8-16GB to be safe.
the newer more expensive payers don't seem to have as much a problem.

Dec 22, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #6,889 of 8,142
I have been using Walnut V2S for several weeks. The volume output is magnificient for its price.
The build quality seems good. I can say that the output is higher than Xduoo X2 and Benjie S5.
I've bought it from CKLewis store in Aliexpress. It was a process without any problem.

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #6,897 of 8,142
Anybody interested in V1/A1 custom firmware? (font/graphics/language/speed optimisations)

Of course. :L3000:

V1/A1 v1.5 changelog
1. Add Bluetooth AAC source (transmit) function.
2. Modify the Bluetooth connection crash and other issues.
3. Add lineout and headphone output options in playback settings

Do you know if it's more stable now? The previous version did some strange things...

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #6,899 of 8,142
so a Blon03, Blon BossHifi B8, TRN V90 and TIN T4 walk into a dance hall. For dance partners there's a Bengie T6, XNGEE X1, Ziku X9 and Dodocool DA106
What's the best pairings between source and speaker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back