Obscure Chinese DAPs
Dec 12, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #6,856 of 8,144
To many posts to go through.
My last platser was an xduoo x2, is there anything in the same price range, preferably cheaper that has Bluetooth?
Just ordered my first tws buds (spunky beats)
and I'm now looking for a small player to go along with it so I don't have to bring my phone while MTB:ing.
Sound quality is important,but price and size more so..
Thanks in advance

How about xDuoo X20?

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/06/red-magic-xduoo-x20-dap-review.html

xDuoo-X20-DAP-Player-Portable-XTENIK-RED-Hiby-Link-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-15.jpg

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #6,858 of 8,144
The Ziku HD-X9 has dropped so low (35€) that I picked one up, it's probably the last stocks, not many sellers have it left.

My DSD pro already has piss poor battery life, but the Z3 I got for travel is even worse, absoluely atrocious in this regard, so I've been watching since a long time for a cheap device that lasts at least 8 hours.

Was considering the Ruizu A50 for a long time, but I don't think those rockchip dacs are any better than a phone, the Ziku has a good cirrus logic at least. We'll see.

Won't power 600 ohms earbuds like a Z3, but won't die after 3 hours either, so will just grab whatever 32 ohms bud or IEM I like to pair with it.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #6,859 of 8,144
The Ziku HD-X9 has dropped so low (35€) that I picked one up, it's probably the last stocks, not many sellers have it left.

My DSD pro already has piss poor battery life, but the Z3 I got for travel is even worse, absoluely atrocious in this regard, so I've been watching since a long time for a cheap device that lasts at least 8 hours.

Was considering the Ruizu A50 for a long time, but I don't think those rockchip dacs are any better than a phone, the Ziku has a good cirrus logic at least. We'll see.

Won't power 600 ohms earbuds like a Z3, but won't die after 3 hours either, so will just grab whatever 32 ohms bud or IEM I like to pair with it.

I bought the Ziku HD- X9 specifically for the battery life, it is really 20 hours as advertised (at normal listening volumes). The UI is no frills and the volume knob is a bit iffy, there's definitely better DAC chips out there, but I really like the build and battery life. I do hear a hiss on it with most IEMs/buds below 32 ohms and/or sensitivity > 105ish, but this usually disappears once music is playing. Do note the Xiku HD-X9 has quite a bad subbass roll off, so I find pairing buds with it is not ideal, as most buds have poor subbass to begin with.

And if u are intending to use mostly IEMs, don't upgrade the firmware. It makes the volume super loud for IEMs.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #6,860 of 8,144
I bought the Ziku HD- X9 specifically for the battery life, it is really 20 hours as advertised (at normal listening volumes). The UI is no frills and the volume knob is a bit iffy, there's definitely better DAC chips out there, but I really like the build and battery life. I do hear a hiss on it with most IEMs/buds below 32 ohms and/or sensitivity > 105ish, but this usually disappears once music is playing. Do note the Xiku HD-X9 has quite a bad subbass roll off, so I find pairing buds with it is not ideal, as most buds have poor subbass to begin with.

And if u are intending to use mostly IEMs, don't upgrade the firmware. It makes the volume super loud for IEMs.

Thanks, are you sure for the FR? I recall seing it measuring good on the X9 and quite bad on the X10, but my memory might not serve me well. Will try to find it again.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #6,861 of 8,144
Thanks, are you sure for the FR? I recall seing it measuring good on the X9 and quite bad on the X10, but my memory might not serve me well. Will try to find it again.

I think the X10 has worse subbass roll off than the X9, but the X9's subbass roll off is still quite audible to my ears (I'm a basshead so I pay quite close attention to bass frequencies). I don't have any objective rigs to measure though, this is just my subjective opinion, but do share the FRs if u have them, I'd be interested to see those.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #6,862 of 8,144

I do not recommend the Ruizu A50, you can see the graphs:

2019-12-13_173050.png

Neither does the X10:

Ziku HD-X10.png

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #6,863 of 8,144

I've reread your message and if you want to extend the life of the Z3, you can replace the battery using this one. I did it a long time ago and it was easy. It's true that it's just a little bigger, but it fits well.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32828290043.html

IMG_20180220_181950_resize.jpg IMG_20180220_182036_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #6,864 of 8,144
Nice, but to much cash. =\
I'm talkin max 40€ incl shipping..
Just so I don't have to bring my phone while MTB:ing.
For "normal" use I have a rockboxed iPod, and a Xiaomi mi 9 lite phone with player pro.

Oh, I see

I don't know any DAPs at that price point, but I could recommend getting a FiiO BTR module, which should have a good sonic performance, although you'd still have to bring your phone out, though you could place it safer, in a bag or something similar.

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #6,865 of 8,144
Oh, I see

I don't know any DAPs at that price point, but I could recommend getting a FiiO BTR module, which should have a good sonic performance, although you'd still have to bring your phone out, though you could place it safer, in a bag or something similar.

I have something similar from Sony, been using it with my KZ iem's with the phone buried deep in my bag.
But now I've invested in real tws phones I was hoping to find a crazy cheap dap with Bluetooth so I can leave my phone at home.
Soundquality is not super important since I'm on my MTB anyway, concentration is mainly on the trail not the music.
Thanks for your input =]

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #6,866 of 8,144
I have something similar from Sony, been using it with my KZ iem's with the phone buried deep in my bag.
But now I've invested in real tws phones I was hoping to find a crazy cheap dap with Bluetooth so I can leave my phone at home.
Soundquality is not super important since I'm on my MTB anyway, concentration is mainly on the trail not the music.
Thanks for your input =]

Hi, if you can invest 56-57$ on Aliexpress there are F.Audio S1 (bt 4.0 ) and Qngee X2 (bt 4.1) I have the S1, good sound, easy to use and long battery life, 30+ hours (bt off, so with bt on maybe different, but I don't think by large amount more or lesser)

Dec 14, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #6,867 of 8,144
Thanks for your input =]

Cchkfei 16gb mp3 player bluetooth. £30.00 on amazon uk. No idea on sound quality. Or if that is too steep (!) how about Agptek bluetooth mp3 player 8gb clip music player? £20.00 on amazon uk.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #6,868 of 8,144
Dec 15, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #6,869 of 8,144

Why don't you get hdx-10?

Dec 15, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #6,870 of 8,144
Thanks =]
Found a few budget options on Alistore, just unknown brands for me.
Was hoping someone here maybe had tried any or a few of them.
60$ is still slot of money for me.

Found this
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/qxAecEVK
And I like the look of this
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/psFDEHwu
And a few others for even less cash.

Just buy 1 and try maybe?
Sell it on if I find it horrid..

I had the second one and it was solid except the BT chopped the first second or two off every thing it played so I got rid of it. Doubtful the firmware was updated with any kind of fix. Would not chance that one.

I still have an AGPtek M6B and can recommend that as the BT is solid, sound is good, and it has a direct BT button which is convenient. Paint job sucks though. :) An oldie but a good one that just works and has no bugs or quirks. Has a decent speaker that is listenable which comes in handy sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back