Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 11, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #6,783 of 8,123
Ruizu D20, Benjie X5, Benjie K1, or Mahdi M9? I have them all in cart. Which one should I purchase?

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #6,785 of 8,123
Nov 12, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #6,788 of 8,123
Got my Acmee MF-01 the other day and i love the sound it produces. Paris wonderfully with my Senn HD25.

But i have a question regarding sorting files. I get that i have to run programs like sd sorter to get the files/folders in the correct order (alphabetical) but i also get alot of files called "a a a a. a" and also "A A A A. A" these files seems to be either 1,52GB or 1,02GB. I cant delete the files and windows tells me: "The file name you specified is not valid or too long, specify a different file name" and i cant rename them. The only way to get rid of them is to format the card according to my experiments.

As you can see in the screenshot i got almost as much "aaaaa"-files as albums. Right now its 112 aaaa-files and 96 albums.
aaaaa.png
Is it supposed to be like this? I cant see the files in the player itself but i wonder what would happen if i put the same card in a different more normal behaving dap?

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #6,789 of 8,123
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #6,792 of 8,123
But i am on a lower budget. Ziku is higher. İ would prefer it if I had a higher budget. Thank you anyway
Honestly, if your budget is low and Walnut V2S will be your only DAP I would buy the Benjie S5. It sounds amazing and you can see what band/song you are listening to.

However, V2S will last longer as it's manufacteured better.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #6,793 of 8,123
I already had Benjie S5 and have just sold it, yesterday. Its sound is good but not amazing to me, I had both Xduoo x2 and benjie s5 together and benjie was far too lower in the maximum volume output.
But s5 is a good device, its material quality or overall quality is really good. But I want to try V2s as its volume output is found good by many users.

Thank you again for your detailed explanations. I have bought it from Lewis...store in Aliexpress.

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #6,794 of 8,123
Against Zishan DSD4497, BLKEJI L2 is flatter and smoother while Zishan more energetic, technical wise BLKEJI is better, BLKEJI has better micro detail, bit better soundstage and more engaging midrange

Modded the hack out of my BLKEJI and it sounds incredible. Even in stock the BLKEJI can power ANY power hungry headphone/earphones.

It is better than the Zishan in my opinion. However I would like to add a buffer output stage on breadboards with either (1 or 2 BUF634s per channel) as I believe my already modded Zishan sounds fantastic with one exception- volume and power restrictions to power ALL my earphones/headphones easily! That’s where the BLKEJI shines, way better circuitry and power supply for op amps, etc. (They just sound better with better LDOs schematics driving the power rails!)

I would like to increase the VREF coupling of the AK4497 in the BLKEJI with higher uf caps! I increased my zishan’s to 2200uf and it sounds incredible! Huge- but subtle improvement to soundstage and sensitivity as well as frequency response especially in the low frequencies!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #6,795 of 8,123
Got my Acmee MF-01 the other day and i love the sound it produces. Paris wonderfully with my Senn HD25.

But i have a question regarding sorting files. I get that i have to run programs like sd sorter to get the files/folders in the correct order (alphabetical) but i also get alot of files called "a a a a. a" and also "A A A A. A" these files seems to be either 1,52GB or 1,02GB. I cant delete the files and windows tells me: "The file name you specified is not valid or too long, specify a different file name" and i cant rename them. The only way to get rid of them is to format the card according to my experiments.

As you can see in the screenshot i got almost as much "aaaaa"-files as albums. Right now its 112 aaaa-files and 96 albums.

Is it supposed to be like this? I cant see the files in the player itself but i wonder what would happen if i put the same card in a different more normal behaving dap?
Does the math add up on your card? If you look at the contents on a computer, can you see these files? Is this card questionable?
What does your computer say that these files are? They seem consistent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back