Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 6, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #6,406 of 8,127
Sep 7, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #6,407 of 8,127
I have this DAP on the way home because I expected a lot from him. Those of you who have read me around here already know that lately I have no luck with players under $100. At least there is good news that in the future you can read second level folders. With such a small screen and such long names in the folders or files it will be very difficult to navigate.
The problems with the battery seem the same as with the F.Audio XS03, which also works in class A. I just hope it doesn't have a bass deficiency. Although what I read about the emphasis in the middle zone is usually determined by that absence or clear filtering in the lower zone, just like it happens in the XS03 or in the Ziku HD-X10.
But this time I was able to read a review from a very reliable person, who shows respectable graphics and comments about hardware, and I was reassured with his frequency response:

https://www.ixbt.com/live/digs/acmee-mf01-surovyy-muzhskoy-audiopleer.html

But it's still hateful for a DAP to click between songs.
Oh man, I hate clicks between songs! I hope that that’s firmware fixable.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #6,409 of 8,127
Hi All, I hate to be that guy that didn't read through the thread, but i'm looking for my first DAP.

I don't have much of a reference point other than some i've seen Here, so hopefully someone is kind enough to give me some feeback.
i'm looking for something that's $150 or below ( I don't mind if it's used or refurbished) supports BT 4.1-5.0, Wifi, Spotify, Aptx, AAC. a good to decent DAC.

Question: If i'm mainly using it for BT, do I need one with a built in amp?
I have a pair of Beyer DT 770's and some Ibasso IT01's but I don't use wired much anymore. Thanks again.
HI guys, Can anybody help this guy out? He is undecided and I know you guys can help him. I'm not familiar with wifi DAPs or else I'd try to help.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/page-427#post-15167498

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #6,410 of 8,127
Sep 7, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #6,411 of 8,127
Thanks,
ive tried that but it doesnt seem to work or at least for me it doesnt. Ive decided to just leave it alone. Thanks for looking back at it.

Some people preferred the earlier version anyway. The main change was bigger artwork and I think adding DSD support (which I don't use).

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #6,413 of 8,127
I need to buy a DAP to use every day on the street with IEMS.

Which do you think is the best in sound quality up to U$S $ 150 maximum?
The Hidizs AP80 is a great all rounder.
Sounds great, good sound sculpting features (MSEB, EQ, Soundfield) Bluetoot, stable UI.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #6,414 of 8,127
The Hidizs AP80 is a great all rounder.
Sounds great, good sound sculpting features (MSEB, EQ, Soundfield) Bluetoot, stable UI.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Do you think it is superior in sound quality to the Hidiz AP-60 II?

I also read that the Shanling M0, Aigo Z6 Pro, Zishan DSD, Zishan Z3 (or Z3 Pro) and the Ziku HK-X9 are recommended ... But I don't know which of these (or others) will be the best in sound quality with IEM headphones?

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #6,415 of 8,127
I need to buy a DAP to use every day on the street with IEMS.

Which do you think is the best in sound quality up to U$S $ 150 maximum?
There's also the new cowon iaudio. I ordered one yesterday but judging by its actual measurements it potentially can turn out to be the best sounding small DAP ever. There are flagship DAP s that don't measure as good. I don't remember ever seeing stuff like native DSD, 2Vrms output, SNR: ~127dB, dynamic range: 124dB, stereo crosstalk: -131dB , THD+N 0.0002% at 1kHz (yeah, this thing will be totally hiss-free, output impedance: 0.1 ohm in something they weighs as much as a pack of gum. Yeah, it has proprietary charging cable and only built-in storage but I'm fine with 128GB of storage.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #6,416 of 8,127

Do you think it is superior in sound quality to the Hidiz AP-60 II?

I also read that the Shanling M0, Aigo Z6 Pro, Zishan DSD, Zishan Z3 (or Z3 Pro) and the Ziku HK-X9 are recommended ... But I don't know which of these (or others) will be the best in sound quality with IEM headphones?
I like the AP80 better than the MO, but it can be a toss up. The AP80 has better sound sculpting features, so that’s a plus. I would skip the Zishans (I have several of the iterations) only because they can be finicky with BA phones. I like the Z3 Ak4493 for BA though. The others sound great with dynamic drivers. You might actually love the Z’s if you like earbuds, where they shine with a realistic and energetic feel. The UI is archaic in those, if it matters to you. If you shuffle, then you’re good.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #6,417 of 8,127
I like the AP80 better than the MO, but it can be a toss up. The AP80 has better sound sculpting features, so that’s a plus. I would skip the Zishans (I have several of the iterations) only because they can be finicky with BA phones. I like the Z3 Ak4493 for BA though. The others sound great with dynamic drivers. You might actually love the Z’s if you like earbuds, where they shine with a realistic and energetic feel. The UI is archaic in those, if it matters to you. If you shuffle, then you’re good.

Thank you!

I think then that I´ll finally choose to buy the Hidizs AP80, since I have read several comments (in addition to your recommendation) that the sound quality is very good.

What I need is to find out which IEM to buy to use with this DAP.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,418 of 8,127
There's also the new cowon iaudio. I ordered one yesterday but judging by its actual measurements it potentially can turn out to be the best sounding small DAP ever. There are flagship DAP s that don't measure as good. I don't remember ever seeing stuff like native DSD, 2Vrms output, SNR: ~127dB, dynamic range: 124dB, stereo crosstalk: -131dB , THD+N 0.0002% at 1kHz (yeah, this thing will be totally hiss-free, output impedance: 0.1 ohm in something they weighs as much as a pack of gum. Yeah, it has proprietary charging cable and only built-in storage but I'm fine with 128GB of storage.

A few years ago I had the opportunity to listen to the Cowon iAUDIO 9+, but the sound did not seem quite good.

I don't know how this new model of this brand will be.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #6,419 of 8,127

A few years ago I had the opportunity to listen to the Cowon iAUDIO 9+, but the sound did not seem quite good.

I don't know how this new model of this brand will be.
Well, I'll know next week, but this essentially is an iaudio 9+ on the outside and a completely different beast on the inside. The reviewer from asnote called it a DAP monster wearing an old mask. He's reviewed most cowon models, including the Plenue L, and he said it's comparable in sound performance and pretty much having TOTL sound performance at the lowest price.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #6,420 of 8,127
Well, I'll know next week, but this essentially is an iaudio 9+ on the outside and a completely different beast on the inside. The reviewer from asnote called it a DAP monster wearing an old mask. He's reviewed most cowon models, including the Plenue L, and he said it's comparable in sound performance and pretty much having TOTL sound performance at the lowest price.

Which Cowon are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back