Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 12, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #5,177 of 8,122
Can you tell us some details. I think you tried some different versions and this is the best.
Thanks in advance and Shine On, Frank
Yes I tried to find the best compromise around this connector. It's an U-shaped aluminum piece of same width of player fixed with black scotch tape on the player body (would be ugly to see, but the provided cover hides well!) Of course this can be done with models who not have headphone out too close to Usb connector or other controls (in my case, Aigo Z6pro has headphone and Line out jacks close and this "disable" the Line out but I don't need it, while the power on button remains under the connector out, a little awkward but I can still press it without too much problem) I find useful, no more worry about the connector when in pocket (it happened to damage the jack due to an occasional bump walking around, with another Dap)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #5,178 of 8,122
DSoes this start playing when pressing the play button for 2..3 secs?
Yes, the player will start playing when you press the play button for 2 seconds.

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #5,180 of 8,122
Hello! I have Saomai SM5. Firmware is not good yet, but i forced the seller to make upgrades. Now they are making the third update.They send new versions to me. I test them and tell Saomai, what is wrong, When firmware will be good enough, i tell you and give a link.

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #5,181 of 8,122
Hello! I have Saomai SM5. Firmware is not good yet, but i forced the seller to make upgrades. Now they are making the third update.They send new versions to me. I test them and tell Saomai, what is wrong, When firmware will be good enough, i tell you and give a link.

I wish I would have had a way to contact them. I bought my Sao Mai SM4 through Amazon UK and the seller is no longer with them. There has never been any upgrades that I know of. So, even though this player has a really long battery life and looks really nice, I never could use it. Little clicks between all the tracks. Cuts off the beginnings of songs. The screen has a font so tiny that it is impossible to read without a magnifying glass. I was always sad that I could not use it. It came with a little free amp that I did not really care about but the volume knob came off the first time I tried it. I just wanted to see if the amp worked.

If there ever were upgrades to the Sao Mai SM4, I never had a way to find out.

a photo from the Amazon page

81XvNaRDkBL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #5,182 of 8,122
is there anyway to improve signal reception of fm in benjie s5?
the signal reception is terrible right now my transcend mp330 gave better reception than benjie 6 years ago

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #5,183 of 8,122
I wish I would have had a way to contact them. I bought my Sao Mai SM4 through Amazon UK and the seller is no longer with them. There has never been any upgrades that I know of. So, even though this player has a really long battery life and looks really nice, I never could use it. Little clicks between all the tracks. Cuts off the beginnings of songs. The screen has a font so tiny that it is impossible to read without a magnifying glass. I was always sad that I could not use it. It came with a little free amp that I did not really care about but the volume knob came off the first time I tried it. I just wanted to see if the amp worked.

If there ever were upgrades to the Sao Mai SM4, I never had a way to find out.

a photo from the Amazon page

81XvNaRDkBL._SL1500_.jpg
Just find them on Aliexpress and write a message. I bought SM5 on their Ebay page, but they are more eager to answer questions on Ali

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #5,184 of 8,122
No. I mean Yin Lu Mei d200+. Or Yin Lu Mei a1 if you need an Android...
Can't find those as anyehere. Any suggestions?

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #5,185 of 8,122
Hello, I actually have both Daps myself.
XS-02=Power but not that loud sounding, Dual Dac mid fi impression with light realistic sound
Fa1=Small Details with very clean texture also their is some real plain or flat Depth sound to it, when I listen I feeled really drawn into my songs. by the way, as soon as you can update to the latest firmware.. sounds way better and runs much faster than any previous version. Bugs fixed.. and yes theirs about 5 different filters in it.
So the new fa1 firmware added sound filter options or do you mean xs02

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #5,186 of 8,122
How is the sound quality? Before ordering f.audio fa1 i was considering sm5.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #5,189 of 8,122
hi im getting major distortion when increasing the bass past 66% on my zishan z3.

someone on youtube recommended changing the "op amp".

is there anywhere on the website which shows how to do it?

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #5,190 of 8,122
Fa1 uses AD amps which are very old and pointless into today's hifi world, now except for the dac in it and since it has a DSD filter inside of it's chip, that will sound better than ibasso DX90 polarity linearality, but ibasso Dx90 is amping opa1692 which sounds louder or more real. AD is old I don't know why F audio choose those amps maybe for price range.
Fa1=clear detailed sound on low end with wide midrange
Ibasso Dx90= a very dark Studio sound background with good instrumental separation

The DX90 uses OPA1611 for filtering and voltage amplification, which have very low distortion. You'll also find them in the Aune M1s and a few other players/dacs/amps that are considered to have a "lean" or "neutral" sound. The "very dark studio sound" you're experiencing is likely due to the latest and final official firmware release from Ibasso (v2.5.1). Going off of comments by other members and my own experiences, this release appears to add perceptible warmth and high frequency attenuation.

I recommend flashing the player with Lurker00's latest modified firmware in order to restore the neutral/detailed nature of the DX90 hardware while also retaining the benefits of v2.5.1 over previous releases (SACD ISO support and bug fixes).

...Unless of course you're referring to a 'dark' or 'black' background as a description for a low noise floor, which also applies in this case :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back