Obscure Chinese DAPs
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #5,162 of 8,133
How is the sound quality? My f.audio fa1 will arrive next week.do your player have digital filters?
Hello, I actually have both Daps myself.
XS-02=Power but not that loud sounding, Dual Dac mid fi impression with light realistic sound
Fa1=Small Details with very clean texture also their is some real plain or flat Depth sound to it, when I listen I feeled really drawn into my songs. by the way, as soon as you can update to the latest firmware.. sounds way better and runs much faster than any previous version. Bugs fixed.. and yes theirs about 5 different filters in it.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #5,163 of 8,133
Hello, I actually have both Daps myself.
XS-02=Power but not that loud sounding, Dual Dac mid fi impression with light realistic sound
Fa1=Small Details with very clean texture also their is some real plain or flat Depth sound to it, when I listen I feeled really drawn into my songs. by the way, as soon as you can update to the latest firmware.. sounds way better and runs much faster than any previous version. Bugs fixed.. and yes theirs about 5 different filters in it.

Wich is the latest firmware for FA1 and where i can find it?

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #5,164 of 8,133
I'm listening to Steven Wilson - Hand, Cannot, Erase with Fostex T90 plugged into Faudio FA1 and am in audio heaven

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #5,166 of 8,133
I got enough to get a used ibasso dx90, or get a ak4497eq zishan dsd and upgrade the opamps, but I am really curious about the f.audio fa1, I have got about $200, what do you guys think? Should I get the dx90, dsd or save a bit more for fa1?

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #5,167 of 8,133
Fa1 uses AD amps which are very old and pointless into today's hifi world, now except for the dac in it and since it has a DSD filter inside of it's chip, that will sound better than ibasso DX90 polarity linearality, but ibasso Dx90 is amping opa1692 which sounds louder or more real. AD is old I don't know why F audio choose those amps maybe for price range.
Fa1=clear detailed sound on low end with wide midrange
Ibasso Dx90= a very dark Studio sound background with good instrumental separation

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #5,168 of 8,133
As told before, I make a protection for Z6pro jack, being my UE900S's jack big and long I concern about shocks on it that may damage the connector, and also is annoying when the jack rotates around, possibly wearing it together with continuous small pushes when in the pocket, making the connector loose with poor contact after some time...
Finally, an aluminum+plastic box, with inside some pieces of hard rubber over and under the jack body making it unmovable. Now is ready to work!

Can you tell us some details. I think you tried some different versions and this is the best.
Thanks in advance and Shine On, Frank

Sep 12, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #5,170 of 8,133
Anybody know of something that sounds good by itself but also a good transport for a mojo?

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #5,173 of 8,133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back