Obscure Chinese DAPs
Mar 10, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #4,561 of 8,139
Mar 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,563 of 8,139
This is the direct link for the Z3 0.2 update from the linked site. You'll have to copy the link and paste it it instead of just clinking it.
It's not a direct link, if it was it would have been downloaded by now. It sends me to an online folder showing different files from Zishan with everything in Chinese even when using Chrome. Eventually, it keeps showing pop-ups in Chinese.

Anyways, forget about it, it doesn't matter, I'll stick to the original firmware.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #4,564 of 8,139
Just found it on jd.com, all in Chinese but Chrome can translate.

https://item.jd.com/5279072.html
https://item.jd.com/16927869790.html
Thanks, useful review but here no explain about my inquiry.
But I found here, a Russian blog:
https://www.ixbt.com/live/syncaine/aigo-z6-pro---obzor-hi-fi-audiopleera-s-vintazhnym-zvukom.html
A very good review overall, and is clearly told that songs intro/outro are not cropped! Not mentioned gapless play but my biggest concern is gone, I will place order and wait.
Correction: z6pro has an ESS Sabre DAC, is the z6 that have a Cirrus Logic DAC

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,565 of 8,139
iBasso is still a Chinese company, isn't it? :)

My promised review on AMP 3 and AMP 5 is live now!

Pretty lovely AMP modules!!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/03/amp-3-and-amp-5-for-ibasso-dx200.html

Audiophile-Heaven-iBasso-AMP3-AMP5-Review-14.jpg

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #4,566 of 8,139
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #4,567 of 8,139
Two additional questions about the V5 from me:

1] Does it support gapless playback?
2] There is a YouTube video from a German reviewer. Near the end he seems to state that the V5 plays audio 2-3% slow! Is this correct?

Thanks.
A few questions on this player:
1) Is it possible to delete songs while playing?
2) Does it support M3U playlists?
3) Does it respond to headphone buttons fwd/paly/pause/back (CTIA standard)?

Mar 13, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #4,568 of 8,139
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #4,569 of 8,139
I am curious, I know people would prefer a nice looking device, screen as well as sound quality, but why is no one talking about the Zishan Z3?

With a different op-amp, the Zishan Z3 sounds pretty good but I don't see anyone comparing it to other devices? (stock and with changed opamp)

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #4,570 of 8,139
Mar 14, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #4,571 of 8,139
I am curious, I know people would prefer a nice looking device, screen as well as sound quality, but why is no one talking about the Zishan Z3?

With a different op-amp, the Zishan Z3 sounds pretty good but I don't see anyone comparing it to other devices? (stock and with changed opamp)
I think people would be talking more about the Z3 if they didn’t shut the Z2 thread down. Personally, I like it a lot. I changed the caps in it and now it’s got a better bottom end and a more clarity than the stock. I also think this may be a reason why people are not so enthusiastic about the Z3, because I didn’t sound as good as the Z2 imo. But now, I think it stands head to head running the Burson V5i and changed caps. Screen is a big plus and the song cut off is nearly nonexistent.

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #4,572 of 8,139
I am tempted by this, about 170$. Aigo Moonlight Z6pro, somewhere else is branded "Heaven audio Z6" but without line out.
Seems nice specs, usb dac, dual core cpu NXP, DAC Cirrus Logic, ESS headphone amp 16~600ohm (can't find output power)
But cannot find a review that solves two doubts: gapless play and, expecially, that hateful behaviour of some DAPs to cut intro/outro of songs. Anyone has idea about this DAP? Gapless is fine but for me if lacks it's not a big trouble (unless the gap is several seconds...) cutting sound is unacceptable!

I'm new here (lurker for a while) and I currently live in China so this thread has been quite an inspiration when looking for a new DAP. :)
I decided to give Z6Pro a try, ordered yesterday and it arrived today.

When the music is playing I'm happy with the sound it can generate (I'm not an audiophile so I can't really give you guys detailed description).

Few things that are not that awesome:
  • Only folder view allows for decent playback of full albums (even there, folders are not in alphabetical order).
    • The other option first separates music based on file quality, then artists and albums but inside songs are sorted in alphabetical order.
  • I need to spend more time to figure out few things as the player seems to be chocking on some FLACs (192/24) which it should not.
  • Even in some other cases it sometimes takes a while to get the track playing.
  • Last 2 seconds of each song is cut so no gapless play.
  • Also, my piece came with slightly chipped glass at the bottom of the screen (not a huge issue but a bit annoying).

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #4,573 of 8,139
Only folder view allows for decent playback of full albums (even there, folders are not in alphabetical order).

There are utilities that will sort the albums on the card for you so that you will see them alphabetically. Windows already does that but I think what the dap sees is the order that they were written to the card. So you will need to use the utility whenever you add more albums. My PC is broken at the moment so I can't check the name of what I use right now. Someone else will come along...

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #4,574 of 8,139
There are utilities that will sort the albums on the card for you so that you will see them alphabetically. Windows already does that but I think what the dap sees is the order that they were written to the card. So you will need to use the utility whenever you add more albums. My PC is broken at that moment so I can't check the name of what I use right now. Someone else will come along...
DriveSort http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #4,575 of 8,139
I think people would be talking more about the Z3 if they didn’t shut the Z2 thread down. Personally, I like it a lot… Screen is a big plus and the song cut off is nearly nonexistent.
I believe that between songs still being cut off and lack of gapless playback are the reasons it doesn't get more Head-fi love. I know that was enough for me to look elsewhere and I was really interested in the chance to try different opamps in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back