Obscure Chinese DAPs
Nov 8, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #3,677 of 8,143
Just saw this listed in Penon Audio - F. Audio S1. Looks very similar to Hisoundaudio Rocoo series. Claims 35 hours battery life and has bluetooth as well.

https://penonaudio.com/F.Audio-S1

FAudio.jpg

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,678 of 8,143
I'm done with Xduoo, between QC issues and firmware problems that they never resolve, I'll stick with companies that care about their customers.

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #3,679 of 8,143
I'm done with Xduoo, between QC issues and firmware problems that they never resolve, I'll stick with companies that care about their customers.

Yeah, but maybe this dap won’t have any QC issues or firmware problems? :)

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,680 of 8,143
Yeah, but maybe this dap won’t have any QC issues or firmware problems? :)

Lemme guess, you still believe in the tooth fairy and the Easter beagle too?

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3,682 of 8,143
Nov 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,686 of 8,143
Just wait for serious reviews...

That is the plan. Of course I do not really NEED another dap. I like the look of the layout. I like buttons. No idea what the price might be.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #3,687 of 8,143
That is the plan. Of course I do not really NEED another dap. I like the look of the layout. I like buttons. No idea what the price might be.

Of COURSE you need a new DAP, and DAC, and amp, and buds, and IEMs and cans and a money tree...

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #3,689 of 8,143
Nov 8, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #3,690 of 8,143
I have this dap. I find the sound to be quite artificial in the mids and highs. But it does surprisingly power my Allessandr MS1 and ProSonus headphones reasonably well.

The UI is abysmal though. It regularly switches to ramdom play and/or repeat on song (over and over) untill you go into settings and change it. It does revert back on occasion though. The EQ only works if you press the right hand button after use, just coming back out of settings resets it . Its really hard to quickly turn the volume down if your on the go. Infact the only way to turn the volume down quickly is to pull the earphones out (you have to get back to the "now playing' screen and then press the back button till the volume -bottom right of screen - lights up, then you use the back and forward buttons to change it.

I think there will be better options than this out there. Its quite a frustrating device!

Jeez, that does sound kind of frustrating to use, and I thought the X2 had the worst software. Maybe I should just go with the xduoo X2 just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back