O2 AMP + ODAC
Dec 7, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #4,846 of 5,671
I didn't think about mentioning keyboard shorcuts sorry.
I've been using launchy for years (to steal one of the good ideas of mac UI ^_^), where you pretty much type the first letters of any application of folder or whatever to get it recognized(so a shortcut to everything really). for that reason SSD.exe made more sense to me because once you can create a shortcut, launchy can recognize it as an independent software and start it. so in effect I'm using alt+space then O enter,  for the odac and alt+space, S enter for speakers ^_^.  I tried 2 other exe that had shortcuts, but one would pass through all my outputs even the virtual ones or hdmi(super annoying) the other could do a selected switch but the shortcut was a problem for me while under photoshop(first world problem) ^_^.

that's why I said that depending on your needs and OS there might be better than my suggestion. anyway it's cool if you have found a convenient solution.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #4,847 of 5,671
Hi,
Im thinking of getting a second hand o2 amp, but from what I see most sellers have the 110v version.
Is the way to make it work for 230v region just to buy a 230v power supply?

Can I find these easily at the local electronics store?

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #4,848 of 5,671
  I didn't think about mentioning keyboard shorcuts sorry.
I've been using launchy for years (to steal one of the good ideas of mac UI ^_^), where you pretty much type the first letters of any application of folder or whatever to get it recognized(so a shortcut to everything really). for that reason SSD.exe made more sense to me because once you can create a shortcut, launchy can recognize it as an independent software and start it. so in effect I'm using alt+space then O enter,  for the odac and alt+space, S enter for speakers ^_^.  I tried 2 other exe that had shortcuts, but one would pass through all my outputs even the virtual ones or hdmi(super annoying) the other could do a selected switch but the shortcut was a problem for me while under photoshop(first world problem) ^_^.

that's why I said that depending on your needs and OS there might be better than my suggestion. anyway it's cool if you have found a convenient solution.

Yeah I'm on Win7, so it's working fine for that. Customizable hotkeys are nice (and number of inputs...I use ctrl + shift + z but you can use more), and you can change the trey icon color depending on which device is currently in use. I use default black for speakers and magenta for the dac.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #4,849 of 5,671
I'm no tech guru or DIY guy, but interested in looking under the hood of the Objective2 just to educate myself a bit on its inner workings. Any idea how to take this thing apart? I see four screws on either end, but what will be the best way to get the shell off? Looks like either the front or back needs to pop, that right?

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #4,850 of 5,671
In case you have the basic version of O2, without any backside connectors like power plug or RCA in/out, then I believe you can just remove the 4-screws from the front side and gently grab the front side with the internal PCB.

Also, if you only have the mini-USB from ODAC on the back side, perhaps this is how it should look after removal of front side and PCB:

(image taken from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/JDSLabs/O2_ODAC/images/naked.jpg)

In case you do have some plugs on the back side (power plug or RCA or anything else) perhaps you need to get rid of all the 8 screws and take out both front & back sides. Take care of volume pot knob, that you may need to take out that knob and remove the screw nut as well, depending of what version of O2 you might have. Also, take care of backside RCA plugs screw nuts as well.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #4,851 of 5,671
Thanks. My JDS O2 has the RCA and power on the back end, so thinking the best way in is the back, but need to first get the volume knob and 6.3 jack screwed off. No idea how to unscrew either. Think the 6.3 jack just needs to be unscrewed, but the knob is
  In case you have the basic version of O2, without any backside connectors like power plug or RCA in/out, then I believe you can just remove the 4-screws from the front side and gently grab the front side with the internal PCB.

Also, if you only have the mini-USB from ODAC on the back side, perhaps this is how it should look after removal of front side and PCB:

(image taken from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/JDSLabs/O2_ODAC/images/naked.jpg)

In case you do have some plugs on the back side (power plug or RCA or anything else) perhaps you need to get rid of all the 8 screws and take out both front & back sides. Take care of volume pot knob, that you may need to take out that knob and remove the screw nut as well, depending of what version of O2 you might have. Also, take care of backside RCA plugs screw nuts as well.

Thanks. My JDS O2 has the RCA and power on the back end, so thinking the best way in is the back, but need to first get the volume knob and 6.3 jack screwed off. No idea how to unscrew either. Think the 6.3 jack just needs to be unscrewed, but the knob is confusing and I really don't wanna break it. Any ideas.

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #4,852 of 5,671
  Thanks. My JDS O2 has the RCA and power on the back end, so thinking the best way in is the back, but need to first get the volume knob and 6.3 jack screwed off. No idea how to unscrew either. Think the 6.3 jack just needs to be unscrewed, but the knob is

Thanks. My JDS O2 has the RCA and power on the back end, so thinking the best way in is the back, but need to first get the volume knob and 6.3 jack screwed off. No idea how to unscrew either. Think the 6.3 jack just needs to be unscrewed, but the knob is confusing and I really don't wanna break it. Any ideas.

You need a 1/16 hex key to remove the knob. I was looking for the same thing yesterday. Someone in this thread already post about it but I don't remember which page it was. "edit: I've just discovered that you can go directly to the post where was a picture"

http://www.head-fi.org/t/616331/o2-amp-odac/4410#post_11662697

Dec 11, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #4,853 of 5,671
  You need a 1/16 hex key to remove the knob. I was looking for the same thing yesterday. Someone in this thread already post about it but I don't remember which page it was. "edit: I've just discovered that you can go directly to the post where was a picture"

http://www.head-fi.org/t/616331/o2-amp-odac/4410#post_11662697

So you have to allen key it on and off. So thats what the hole is for. Dumb me. Thanks so much for the info, its gonna help a ton. Will do that when I get my Odac.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #4,854 of 5,671
Again , another headphone on my inventory that the O² drive perfectly fine : HE-560 . (1X Gain and - 10 dB on Foobar , 12o clock for the volume pot) . I don't know why i was expecting that it woulnd't be the case , peraphs read to much BS about orthos "requirements" .

Almost all headphone i have tried to plug on O² = Happy listening , the few that i didn't like was just headphones that i simply didn't like at all :xf_eek: .

Wow! Did not expect that at all..

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #4,855 of 5,671
Dam 6.3mm jack attachment came off when plugging my new headphones in today. Although it always felt a bit flimsy, I just thought that was the way it was supposed to be. Can't get the the attachment back on now. Put it back on slightly, and there's no sound coming through any of my headphones now. No idea what to do next.

Any ideas?

Was planning on opening this thing at some point, but dam, I didn't want to be forced to do it.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #4,859 of 5,671
Anyone know why I can't run my O2 and my AUNE T1 at the same time (separately)? My Aune gets a playback error if the O2 is connected via USB... if I unplug it it works fine.

edit: seems it was my Focusrite 2i4 interface being plugged into a USB 3 port that caused the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back