O2 AMP + ODAC
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #3,931 of 5,671
I'm as anti snake oil as you can get, I have 3 O2s and think pricier amps are it. But that USB cable really sounds analogue to me. Removes the digital harshness or edginess as described by @lehoang15tuoi.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #3,933 of 5,671
A digital cable sounding analogue . Do you even understand how digital cables work? If you did you would realise how silly that sounds.

Have you heard it? If you did, you would realize how silly you sounded.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #3,934 of 5,671
popcorn.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #3,935 of 5,671
I've never heard any expensive USB cables but logic tells me they either work or they don't. I do want a better quality cable though, even if it's only for the looks. Those Neo cables do look nice but £60 is over the top for me.

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #3,937 of 5,671
$100 is even higher than the price I paid for the O2... Also I'd have to mod the O2 for it to take optical. I really really have to think this through... The thought that it will not improve much scares me

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #3,938 of 5,671
I'm not cynical about everything. I've heard differences in analogue cables for instance, sometimes quite obvious too. Digital doesn't work like that though.

What's the significance of that cable being class S? I didn't know there were different classes of USB cables.

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #3,939 of 5,671
  The trebles were harsher. Upper-freqs were grainy.  On new Grados (not broken in, mind me I believe it's real),  it's too harsh and fatiguing for me. I want bright-but-smooth trebles.

For Grados and other treble happy headphones you can check Project Polaris. It has bandwidth adjustments for smoothing out the treble and it has a lot of other features like six gain settings, three settings for output impedance and others.

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #3,940 of 5,671
I'm not cynical about everything. I've heard differences in analogue cables for instance, sometimes quite obvious too. Digital doesn't work like that though.

What's the significance of that cable being class S? I didn't know there were different classes of USB cables.

It's just branding/series. They have Class B and A, which has smaller gauge copper, the other just regular copper (not OCC) or vice-versa, not sure on other classes.

I A-B'd it with my other USB cables (regular USB cable, Wireworld and Furutech G2).

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #3,941 of 5,671
A digital cable sounding analogue . Do you even understand how digital cables work? If you did you would realise how silly that sounds.

+1

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #3,944 of 5,671
Google is your friend. Go and do the research. I know you hear a difference between the cheap usb and expensive one but that doesn't mean the difference exists. Expectation bias makes fools of us all .

Anyone who knows how digital data is transmitted will surely feel silly just by the thought of actually undergoing any test. It's purely expectation bias and goes to prove we can't trust what we hear if we see where the sound is coming from no matter how perfect our hearing maybe.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #3,945 of 5,671
Anyone who knows how digital data is transmitted will surely feel silly just by the thought of actually undergoing any test. It's purely expectation bias and goes to prove we can't trust what we hear if we see where the sound is coming from no matter how perfect our hearing maybe.

Do you really know how digital sound is transmitted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back