Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 10, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #6,256 of 6,459
Thanks! I mean I like how the splitter looks. It's aesthetically pleasing. This was the reason why I chose it in the first place. But it hits the desk every time I put the headphone on a headphone stand. I think I am just going to put a large mouse pad on my desk so the splitter would hit the mouse pad without much noise. Maybe a rubberized splitter could be an option.

One of the lightweight exotic wood splitters I also produce may work for your personal situation/preference. However as another option, I can change your breakout to a specific desired length that you need. Feel free to email anytime to get your splitter swapped (or removed), or breakout length changed. Happy to take care of it for you and work on a solution for you in email.

May 3, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #6,257 of 6,459
Anyone know roughly how long the turn around time is right now? I ordered a Drausk Lite for my 820s because the long stock cord is a pain.

May 4, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #6,258 of 6,459
Looking for ideas for a Norne cable for my Focal Utopia 2020; something that has treble sparkle, solid mids and vocals and a decent lower end; I’m more of a fan of technical highs and mids. Appreciate any input on this!

May 4, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #6,259 of 6,459
Looking for ideas for a Norne cable for my Focal Utopia 2020; something that has treble sparkle, solid mids and vocals and a decent lower end; I’m more of a fan of technical highs and mids. Appreciate any input on this!
That sounds like a hybrid cable would suit.

skollvar v2. I have not tried this cable myself but have tried a few various cables with the utopia and a copper cable with some silver (or silver plating) fits best for me and my gear

May 4, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #6,260 of 6,459
That sounds like a hybrid cable would suit.

skollvar v2. I have not tried this cable myself but have tried a few various cables with the utopia and a copper cable with some silver (or silver plating) fits best for me and my gear
I'd second that. I had Trevor build me a Vykari back in 2020 when I still had my Utopia, which was a fusion cable as well, but with more silver than copper. From memory, I felt like it added some body to the Utopia, though I never compared too much with the stock cable. I think the Skollvar v2 is the closest thing he has right now since he can't make the original Vykari anymore, and I think the next step up is an all silver cable (which I personally wouldn't do with a 2020 Utopia). Plus he does an 8-wire braid for the v2!

WaveTheory also posted a video on YouTube a few days ago and he mentioned he had a Norne Vygarde for his Utopia, which he thought was a good fit. I can find a link when I get back home.

May 4, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #6,261 of 6,459
I'd second that. I had Trevor build me a Vykari back in 2020 when I still had my Utopia, which was a fusion cable as well, but with more silver than copper. From memory, I felt like it added some body to the Utopia, though I never compared too much with the stock cable. I think the Skollvar v2 is the closest thing he has right now since he can't make the original Vykari anymore, and I think the next step up is an all silver cable (which I personally wouldn't do with a 2020 Utopia). Plus he does an 8-wire braid for the v2!

WaveTheory also posted a video on YouTube a few days ago and he mentioned he had a Norne Vygarde for his Utopia, which he thought was a good fit. I can find a link when I get back home.
Actually you could order a Vykari V2 by now.
It's not listed yet, but the Banner is already there
Screenshot_20230504-133243.jpg

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #6,262 of 6,459
Thanks, I was aware! Just about finalized my design with Trevor so a Vykari v2 will be coming to me soon :)

May 4, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #6,263 of 6,459
Pre ordered one of these..... Preorder a Fusion Vykari V2 not the Pure Silver one........
I hope they will come soon.....
Trevor is very busy at the moment because of the huge amount of orders......

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #6,264 of 6,459
Pre ordered one of these......
I hope they will come soon.....
Trevor is very busy at the moment because of the huge amount of orders......
Yeah that happens every now and then.
I sometimes feel Bad to add new orders like yesterday when he didn't manage to finish the previous one...

At least it keeps him in Business.
I'm getting all my cables from him nowadays. If he were to add Power cables (which he won't) I'd also exchange my whole set for Trevors cables.

May 4, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #6,265 of 6,459
Yeah that happens every now and then.
I sometimes feel Bad to add new orders like yesterday when he didn't manage to finish the previous one...

At least it keeps him in Business.
I'm getting all my cables from him nowadays. If he were to add Power cables (which he won't) I'd also exchange my whole set for Trevors cables.
You have Norne Interconnects in your system?
I don´t see them on his web side.
The tab is empty.......

May 4, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #6,266 of 6,459
You have Norne Interconnects in your system?
I don´t see them on his web side.
The tab is empty.......
Yes full with Vykari.
Like most things with Trevor, you have to inquire via email.

Same for the headthrone Adapters, they aren't listed on the Website if I'm not mistaken

May 4, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #6,267 of 6,459
Yes full with Vykari.
Like most things with Trevor, you have to inquire via email.

Same for the headthrone Adapters, they aren't listed on the Website if I'm not mistaken
Cool.
If I didn´t have too much cables of other brands, i would perhapse go with some of his......

May 4, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #6,268 of 6,459
Fwiw i tried a couple of silver cables (norne silver draug and arctic cables signum+) with the utopia and found both a bit too lively up top with the utopia.

Now enjoying the utopias with the nordost heimdall 2 which is silver plated copper and have been happy and settled with that.
In last few years years i have found myself leaning to copper and hybrids in my system as my preferences have changed

of course ym(and your gear)mv

May 4, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #6,269 of 6,459
Fwiw i tried a couple of silver cables (norne silver draug and arctic cables signum+) with the utopia and found both a bit too lively up top with the utopia.

Now enjoying the utopias with the nordost heimdall 2 which is silver plated copper and have been happy and settled with that.
In last few years years i have found myself leaning to copper and hybrids in my system as my preferences have changed

of course ym(and your gear)mv
I been using hybrid cables lately too. Not to sound cliche, they really do offer the right mixture of sound.

May 4, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #6,270 of 6,459
I been using hybrid cables lately too. Not to sound cliche, they really do offer the right mixture of sound.
Is that a Corda Soul in your Profile pic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back