Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 9, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #6,241 of 6,459
I’m afraid he’s gone dark.

I have not gone dark, no. It could be that a couple of emails were missed however.
I am replying to emails the same day right now, however if you do not have a reply the same day please go ahead and bump your email in my inbox.
It could be that I missed a reply.
Another option is to reply within a previous email chain we have had together, reply to a previous order confirmation email or send a fresh direct composed email
to my newer email address that can be found on the "contact us" page. I recommend a direct email versus using the contact form at this time.
I will send a quick PM to both of you (shwn & running) and see what happened to your emails on my end.

Thank you guys and I will also keep an eye on the thread here to make sure there are no other emails that were missed.
But I will also do a check in my inbox today to make sure nothing was missed.

edit: Shawn I located your email in my inbox, it was in fact missed, I do apologize. I will have your full reply shortly. Thank you for the patience.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #6,242 of 6,459
@AudioDuck
I saw you have different Norne cables for your phones. Which one sounds best with the VC?
I have also one....
Hey there!

Good question- I’ve tried all three with the VC, and enjoy the top-of-the-line all-copper (large-gauge) Drausk the most. It may be because the Drausk adds more presence and “live” feel and some warmth overall compared to my two fusion (silver/copper) Nornes.

Those two bring their own strengths, but contribute speed and clarity more than other qualities.

I hope that helps- the Drausk is a lovely, lovely cable.

Side note: The speed/clarity of the Einvaldi is an exceptional match with the Eikon. While Trevor can’t make it any longer due to silver shortages, his new fusion cables (Vygarde and Skollvar) are great too.

I really like my Vygarde with the Auteur, and if it ends up being sold and replaced with an Atrium Closed in the future, I’ll keep the Vygarde and use it with the AC (or see if the Einvaldi is better with it…).

Apr 9, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #6,243 of 6,459
This above follow through from @TigzStudio just proves to anyone looking what an awesome person he is to deal with. I can't say enough about his professionalism and personal integrity. The quality shows in every piece he produces.

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #6,244 of 6,459
It looks like the new 2023 model(I was talking about in the above mentioned post) with new designed wire isn't up on the Norne website. As with most things, email Trevor directly and he'll get you taken care of.
I just ordered the new 2023 Drausk Lite v2.

I owned original Utopia with Draug Silver with great results. Both are now sold.

I now owned Meze 109. Waiting for the Drausk Lite v2 for these.

How would you, from memory, compare the new Drausk Lite v2 to the Draug Silver sound wise?

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #6,245 of 6,459
@AudioDuck
Thank you for your impressions.
I thought first to go for a fusion cable but if the Drausk is the better choice....... :thinking:
What music do you listening to.......
Mine is Metal / Rock / Pop / Accoustics / Blues and sometimes a bit of Jazz.

Apr 10, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #6,246 of 6,459
@AudioDuck
Thank you for your impressions.
I thought first to go for a fusion cable but if the Drausk is the better choice....... :thinking:
What music do you listening to.......
Mine is Metal / Rock / Pop / Accoustics / Blues and sometimes a bit of Jazz.
We have similar tastes- I listen to the same genres, though my metal listening is pretty limited (mostly Tool and 90s grunge bands, if they qualify as “metal”).

I thought a hybrid/fusion cable would be ideal, too, and the Vygarde sounded pretty good as well- but the Drausk (to my ears, with my gear) didn’t give up much in detail and speed, but gained presence and some warmth without making the sound lose detail.

The Einvaldi, while being an INSANELY good match with my Eikons, sounded like “too much of a good thing” (detail, speed, air) with the VCs, 😂

Apr 10, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #6,247 of 6,459
@AudioDuck
I will go for a Fusion cable.
That suits better for my tastes. I like the speed, air and details.
I wait to an offer from Trevor.

Apr 10, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #6,248 of 6,459
@AudioDuck
I will go for a Fusion cable.
That suits better for my tastes. I like the speed, air and details.
I wait to an offer from Trevor.
Very cool! Congrats on your decision- I sincerely hope you love it with your VCs.

Trevor’s among the best in the business, and his products are (to me, anyway) “heirloom” products- much like ZMF headphones and bespoke amps, once you get the right one, you should hold on to it and only pass it on when you can no longer enjoy it.

Apr 10, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #6,249 of 6,459
I just ordered the new 2023 Drausk Lite v2.

I owned original Utopia with Draug Silver with great results. Both are now sold.

I now owned Meze 109. Waiting for the Drausk Lite v2 for these.

How would you, from memory, compare the new Drausk Lite v2 to the Draug Silver sound wise?

Thanks.

To me the Draug Silver is like a lighting bolt. Fast and takes no prisoners. It pushes the limits of the headphone to the max. For critical reference listening this is the way to go. I alternate between this and a Drausk for my ZMF Verite open.

The new 2023 Drausk Lite V2 I have is paired with the 2020 Focal Utopia. The OG Utopia is already a technical marvel, nimble and fast. The 2023 Drausk Lite V2 just adds a touch more body and adds an inner glow to the sound. It still allows the Utopia to shine and let's those amazing drivers be the star of the show. But it does add just a hint more weight to the sound. This doesn't come at the expense of speed. But it adds more punch to the lightning . For this particular headphone, I couldn't be happier. Strong recommendation.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #6,250 of 6,459
To me the Draug Silver is like a lighting bolt. Fast and takes no prisoners. It pushes the limits of the headphone to the max. For critical reference listening this this is the way to go. I alternate between this and a Drausk for my ZMF Verite open.

The new 2023 Drausk Lite V2 I have is paired with the 2020 Focal Utopia. The OG Utopia is already a technical marvel, nimble and fast. The 2023 Drausk Lite V2 just adds a touch more body and adds an inner glow to the sound. It still allows the Utopia to shine and let's those amazing drivers be the star of the show. But it does add just a hint more weight to the sound. This doesn't come at the expense of speed. But it adds more punch to the lightening. For this particular headphone, I couldn't be happier. Strong recommendation.
Thank you very much for the detailed comparison. The Drausk v2 Lite seems the right choice then for the Meze 109.

Enjoy your Utopia. They are fabulous sounding headphones. I had them for about 5 years and a half with different gears. Natural and effortless sound. I sold them to finance a speakers project and limited listening time.

Apr 10, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #6,251 of 6,459
Apr 10, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #6,253 of 6,459
I wish there was a way to remove the splitter easily.
Shoot me an email and I can take care of it for you pretty fast, it is not hard for me to do for you.
You can also have the cable produced originally without a splitter of course. A purpose of the splitter is actually
an added way for right / left channel identification (logo on the front facing side is oriented correctly).

Apr 10, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #6,254 of 6,459
Apr 10, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #6,255 of 6,459
Shoot me an email and I can take care of it for you pretty fast, it is not hard for me to do for you.
You can also have the cable produced originally without a splitter of course. A purpose of the splitter is actually
an added way for right / left channel identification (logo on the front facing side is oriented correctly).
Thanks! I mean I like how the splitter looks. It's aesthetically pleasing. This was the reason why I chose it in the first place. But it hits the desk every time I put the headphone on a headphone stand. I think I am just going to put a large mouse pad on my desk so the splitter would hit the mouse pad without much noise. Maybe a rubberized splitter could be an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back