Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 6, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #6,226 of 6,459
I´m considering having one for my VC and / or for my Rognir Planar.
But which one?
Can anyone give me some advice?
I would email Trevor, describe your situation, what you like or dislike, what you are wanting to accomplish, and ask him for his thoughts.

Mar 30, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #6,228 of 6,459
Hi all,

I am a former user of Norne cables. First the Draug 3 copper (if I remember well, it' longtime ago) and at two different occasions, Draug Silver with Utopia. Great results as you can expected.

The Utopia are now sold couple months back from to unfrequent usage and financing other audio project and out of boredom I just bought a pair of Meze 109 Pro two weeks ago. I really like the fun sound signature of these. Last weekend, I bought the upgraded Meze PCUHD silver-plated balanced (4.4mm) cable. After a really promising start, the cobo is now sounding too sharp and the emphazise on treble is too much for me. I will wait after about 100 hours to have critical judgment but everything is pointing in direction of OCC copper cable. I'm using the 109 with a Fiio M11 Plus ESS in balanced mode.

Is anybody here that have an opinion about Drausk Lite or the one I will prefer, Drausk v2 Lite? Even more curious if any Drausk owners have the cable matched with the Meze 109.

Any feedbacks welcome. Thanks.

P.S. Of course, I contacted Trevor directly.

Mar 31, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #6,230 of 6,459
So I recently received a new Drausk Lite V2, 2023 model with brand new designed copper wire stranding for my brand new Focal OG Utopia 2020 model. The new wire blends both thin and thick wire in a new geometry.

I have to tell you, this new cable punches way way above it's weight class and price point. I honestly believe it's probably the best quality to price ratio in the entire Norne Audio line.

For reference I also own the TOTL Norne Audio Drausk and the all silver Draug.

This new cable may not look as thick and mighty as some of the other models. But it plays and sounds just as good as the others. Add in the benefit of it being more manageable and this a recipe for success. Full sized desktop system performance with a lean silhouette, perfect!

Oh did I also mention that it's also one of the most fairly priced models in the entire lineup?

:k701smile:

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #6,232 of 6,459
Last weekend, I bought the upgraded Meze PCUHD silver-plated balanced (4.4mm) cable. After a really promising start, the cobo is now sounding too sharp and the emphazise on treble is too much for me. I will wait after about 100 hours to have critical judgment but everything is pointing in direction of OCC copper cable.
The copper one, which is what Meze sent me for review, was the better match IMO. But, do wait out the hours. I just put them in the case, zipped most of the way closed, and left music playing through them as much as possible, since I’m impatient! :)

Apr 3, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #6,233 of 6,459
Apparently Skollvar V2 works really well with Meze Elite

2000_0320_23402900.jpg

Apr 3, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #6,234 of 6,459
So I recently received a new Drausk Lite V2, 2023 model with brand new designed copper wire stranding for my brand new Focal OG Utopia 2020 model. The new wire blends both thin and thick wire in a new geometry.

I have to tell you, this new cable punches way way above it's weight class and price point. I honestly believe it's probably the best quality to price ratio in the entire Norne Audio line.

For reference I also own the TOTL Norne Audio Drausk and the all silver Draug.

This new cable may not look as thick and mighty as some of the other models. But it plays and sounds just as good as the others. Add in the benefit of it being more manageable and this a recipe for success. Full sized desktop system performance with a lean silhouette, perfect!

Oh did I also mention that it's also one of the most fairly priced models in the entire lineup?

:k701smile:
Excellent summary on this cable, especially since I too have the Utopia 2020 and love it. I'll look into this cable, and appreciate your input on it! - Douglas

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #6,235 of 6,459
Has anyone had contact with Trevor in the last 2 weeks? He wanted to send me an offer.
He has responded very quickly with long replies before.

Apr 9, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #6,236 of 6,459
Has anyone had contact with Trevor in the last 2 weeks? He wanted to send me an offer.
He has responded very quickly with long replies before.
I’m afraid he’s gone dark.

Apr 9, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #6,238 of 6,459
I’m afraid he’s gone dark.
No, I just chatted with him via email and placed an order. @running wild - I presume you’re using his standard email (norneaudio@gmail.com)?

He might be slammed. I’d just send him friendly/polite reminders every 5-7 days.

(Yes, yes, everyone knows that isn’t ideal, etc. Trevor is a one-man show- it’s part of working with him and it’s hardly perfect, but that’s the way he runs his shop. 😊)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #6,239 of 6,459
No, I just chatted with him via email and placed an order. @running wild - I presume you’re using his standard email (norneaudio@gmail.com)?

He might be slammed. I’d just send him friendly/polite reminders every 5-7 days.

(Yes, yes, everyone knows that isn’t ideal, etc. Trevor is a one-man show- it’s part of working with him and it’s hardly perfect, but that’s the way he runs his shop. 😊)
I answered to the mails we are chatting with each other.
There are not more than a day between his answers (time difference Germany to US).

Apr 9, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #6,240 of 6,459
@AudioDuck
I saw you have different Norne cables for your phones. Which one sounds best with the VC?
I have also one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back