Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 13, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #6,196 of 6,459
Dec 13, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #6,197 of 6,459
Why did they ditch the cool name?
To be fair, the Nornes were the weavers of fate in Norse mythology- so not only did Trevor gain some Internet search advantages, but a more specific connection with the pantheon as well. 😁 Personally, I like it a lot! (And I LOVE the Yggdrasil logo)

Dec 17, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #6,198 of 6,459
To be fair, the Nornes were the weavers of fate in Norse mythology- so not only did Trevor gain some Internet search advantages, but a more specific connection with the pantheon as well. 😁 Personally, I like it a lot! (And I LOVE the Yggdrasil logo)
:)
I plan to make a page explaining the purpose of the name (I will soon), but you nailed it AudioDuck.
It is all linked together.

quick update:
Working very hard this weekend to get a bunch of tracking numbers out Monday and Tuesday. Thanks to everyone for the patience. Feel free to check in any time for status. Please use the contact form or the email listed on the bottom of the site (or both). Another way is to simply reply to your original email you received as well.

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #6,199 of 6,459
:)
I plan to make a page explaining the purpose of the name (I will soon), but you nailed it AudioDuck.
It is all linked together.

quick update:
Working very hard this weekend to get a bunch of tracking numbers out Monday and Tuesday. Thanks to everyone for the patience. Feel free to check in any time for status. Please use the contact form or the email listed on the bottom of the site (or both). Another way is to simply reply to your original email you received as well.
Thank you, Trevor/ @TigzStudio !

Warm wishes to you for the holidays, and thank you for your craft and artistry in 2022!

Best regards, Egil / AudioDuck

Dec 28, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #6,200 of 6,459
Working with Trevor was a pleasure. He took the time to analyze what i was trying to accomplish with my new Hifiman HE1000v2 cans. We settled on a 18awg 12 wire pure copper wire. The build is fantastic and the sound over stock cables is very noticeable. Norse is committed to sound and quality at best possible prices given the hand made precision.

Dec 31, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #6,201 of 6,459
Just received my recent order of Drausk v2 Lite and thought I would compare them with previous Drausk for anyone who is interested. The Lite have a distinctly lighter signature than the previous Drausk. That is the previous version impart much more weight to the sound particularly in the lower midrange. I find the new version provides more definition to the sound - that is I can hear more of the the character of individual instruments. I had planned to use the v2 Lite with my HD600, but found that was not a great pairing. I put them one my HD650 and this was much more engaging and made. Combined with the ZMF Lambskin Perforated pads has made the HD650 sound the best I have heard it. I now prefer the HD650 to the HD600 in this configuration. (I have gone back and for the between the HD650 and HD600 over time.)

I also put the v2 Lite on the Empyrean. This I found to be an excellent paring. I find the Empyrean tend to expose any excess emphasis in the cables or amp. The v2 Lite have a gentle and even signature that makes them sound very engaging.

These differences do not make one version necessarily better or worse than the other - they are merely different. As always, the combination of cables, headphones and amp are critical to overall enjoyment. The previous Drausk remain happily on my Focal Clear.

I think it is worth repeating what other have commented about Trevor’s style and workmanship. He is a pleasure to work with and provides top quality product at very reasonable prices.

Dec 31, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #6,202 of 6,459
Just received my recent order of Drausk v2 Lite and thought I would compare them with previous Drausk for anyone who is interested. The Lite have a distinctly lighter signature than the previous Drausk. That is the previous version impart much more weight to the sound particularly in the lower midrange. I find the new version provides more definition to the sound - that is I can hear more of the the character of individual instruments. I had planned to use the v2 Lite with my HD600, but found that was not a great pairing. I put them one my HD650 and this was much more engaging and made. Combined with the ZMF Lambskin Perforated pads has made the HD650 sound the best I have heard it. I now prefer the HD650 to the HD600 in this configuration. (I have gone back and for the between the HD650 and HD600 over time.)

I also put the v2 Lite on the Empyrean. This I found to be an excellent paring. I find the Empyrean tend to expose any excess emphasis in the cables or amp. The v2 Lite have a gentle and even signature that makes them sound very engaging.

These differences do not make one version necessarily better or worse than the other - they are merely different. As always, the combination of cables, headphones and amp are critical to overall enjoyment. The previous Drausk remain happily on my Focal Clear.

I think it is worth repeating what other have commented about Trevor’s style and workmanship. He is a pleasure to work with and provides top quality product at very reasonable prices.
Congratulations on your new cable!

Very helpful comparison as well- much appreciated. You might find my notes in this string on the Vygarde vs. Drausk also useful. 😊

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #6,203 of 6,459
Holy moly canolli... got black Friday Norne Drausk v2 in.
20230106_180922e.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #6,204 of 6,459
Holy moly canolli... got black Friday Norne Drausk v2 in.20230106_180922.jpg
I'm not usually a nylon covered cable fan, but with that red splitter, those look sharp!

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #6,205 of 6,459
I'm not usually a nylon covered cable fan, but with that red splitter, those look sharp!
Thank you. It's supposed to be copper color but looks gold from my photo settings. I'm surprised how big that splitter is. It's much bigger in real life than pictures. That thing could really hurt if pressed against your body and could double as a weapon.

Edited photo to show copper traces better as they're reflective vs the red traces that aren't.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #6,206 of 6,459
Jan 7, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #6,208 of 6,459
Jan 7, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #6,210 of 6,459

Users who are viewing this thread

Back