Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 23, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #4,156 of 6,500
I did receive a cable from Trevor a couple of months back, he said it’s a new silver cable but he didn’t mention the name. I suspect it is the Therium 2. If yes, the sound character is more refined and smooth than Therium. Notes are more focused, but it is definitely warmer than the original Therium, to a point where my PP8VS and Tia Trio sound more analog than they were before. Perhaps due to a more pronounced sub-bass and bass impact (speed is definitely improved). It’s definitely a unique sounding silver cable, perhaps the warmest silver cable I’ve ever heard.
Wow! Warmer than the original Therium? I own 2 Theriums and they are my warmest cables.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #4,157 of 6,500
Wow! Warmer than the original Therium? I own 2 Theriums and they are my warmest cables.

If what I have is the Therium 2, then yes it's warmer.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #4,159 of 6,500
I did receive a cable from Trevor a couple of months back, he said it’s a new silver cable but he didn’t mention the name. I suspect it is the Therium 2. If yes, the sound character is more refined and smooth than Therium. Notes are more focused, but it is definitely warmer than the original Therium, to a point where my PP8VS and Tia Trio sound more analog than they were before. Perhaps due to a more pronounced sub-bass and bass impact (speed is definitely improved). It’s definitely a unique sounding silver cable, perhaps the warmest silver cable I’ve ever heard.
Is it a 4-wire or an 8-wire variant? I'm guessing the 8-wire should a little more heft to the sound

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #4,160 of 6,500
Dec 24, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #4,162 of 6,500
Thanks, just placed an order for my noble m3, let's see how it turns out

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #4,165 of 6,500
Like a lot of items, if you are not on the market for something the retail cost can be a surprise when you see it.
I know people can't believe that I bought a Meze Empy for real $$$, so I shouldn't be surprised at the cost of any audio related shiny object!

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #4,166 of 6,500
Nice! I was hoping for this reply :)
I really want to hear that new Therium 2! I love what Trevor can do with silver, and after using the Therium 1, for a good while now, it is really hard to go back to copper. As a closet basshead, the few Norne silver cables I have tried really satisfy.

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #4,167 of 6,500
YIKES, I was just on the Noble site and they have a IEM for $3999!!!!!:astonished:
They make killer iems, and are worth every penny. My K10U with the Therium, hooked up to my S10+, sound as good as my full sized setup, and I am not kidding. iem's have come a long way, and it is nice to see Trevor giving us more iem cable options.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #4,168 of 6,500
My prion 4 is not in abyss plug which is hard to compare
And s3-8 has not arrived yet so I don’t know

I owned dhc prion 4 but I sold it afterwards and changed to Vertere Hb double run

Comparing prion 4 with Vertere Hb, Vertere has better quality in bass and mid is sweeter with a little warmer sound than prion 4, you can see prion 4 as a good balance cable with less character. Soundstage of Vertere is better and micro dynamic and details are more with Vertere as well

afterward I got s3-4 and s3-12 and of course... s3-12 has a lot more details and it’s in the same level of prion 4 and Vertere.
Comparing with prion 4 in my memories, I think s3-12 has a bit darker high, more rounded mid, bass is not good as Vertere but quantity is a bit more

S3-12 has a very high level of details but it presents in a relax way, mid is more gentle than prion 4. I would say Trevor’s s3-12 is more refined in my opinion. However it’s not a ab comparison so I can’t say

base on what I have, I think Vertere is better than prion4 and s3-12 archive the similar performance of Vertere in quality side.

If I ask you to compare s3-12 vs Vertere?

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #4,170 of 6,500
Has anyone tried a Norne silver cable and also a Lavricables / Toxic Cables / Forza Audioworks cable and can compare their sound quality? Any comparison between the sound quality of these cables would be really helpful. I've been considering buying a Norne cable and trying to choose between these options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back